MTV UK crowning new King of Pop????

They are not looking for a new King to replace Elvis or a new Queen of soul so why a new King of Pop? Titles like this are not passed around, they are original and stick with the artist.

MTV is a joke now anyways.

Jeez....we are really running out of things to talk about...

Same old thing over and over. Someone posts an article about there being a new King Of Pop, then we see the same old replies. Oh, MJ is the one and only King Of Pop and that will never change! King Of Pop is MJ's title! It's like you are set on auto response.

Seriously, when are you going to learn to ignore things like this? It's allways going to happen.

MTV is obsolete these days anway, all they ever show is reality programs and countdown charts day in day out! So who are they to judge the next king or queen of pop? Utter joke
They should try remembering Michael is what made them in the first place!
The airing of Michael Jackson videos nowadays on MTV is ridiculous!

I'm looking at the MTV music channel now and it's now saying that they are looking for ''The Prince Of Pop''

I don't know if it's changed for other countries but i have a feeling they changed it after the huge and rightfully so uproar.

Oh and by the way i don't think that anyone of these people are worthy on becomming the prince of pop.

Guys, remember something here. This is merely a slimy little booger from our nose. A friggin cliff hanger! Wipe it off and wash your hands! Try not to get too worked up on it. It ain't worth your stressing over. His title ain't going nowhere and we all know it!

Let's love!

I think the deeper issue is that of racism, really, so everyone here is in the right to get upset. How come they're not trying to find a new king of Rock n' Roll? Or a new band to replace The Beatles? Even these would be more justified, since neither Elvis nor The Beatles made MTV what it is today--I think it's nothing more than a giant slap on Michael's face, and ours as fans, that they did this.

But, I agree--there are bigger fish to fry.

Put it this way, they obviously don't have anything better to talk about. Leave them to it, not like anyone is gonna take it seriously right?

Wait, thats just another category to vote on, King and Queen are still open to vote on on main page :(

What the fu.k are Jay, Tempah and Eminem doing in there, there not even pop artists unless they mean 'King of popular (mainstream) music', if that's the deal, then in the last ten years its gotta be Eminem, No disrespect to the KOP but Em sold more records than Mike when was ALIVE in the last decade.

Well like others have stated MTV cant upsurp or take away Michael's Title
so rather than give them the attention they are seeking by this nonsense
ignore it and _ INGNORE MTV all together

And while Im at it _ I dont want MTV to reinsate their Vandaguard award
to Michael either_ I would prefer they have NOTHING to do with Michael
and ... It would end up being a big joke anyway becuase who in the hell
would MTV give that award to anyway_ Whoever they choose to recieve
it Im sure it would a dishonor to Michael's name

YOUR KING OF POP:
Dizzee Rascal
Eminem
Jay-Z
Kanye West
Kings Of Leon
Mark Ronson
Plan B
Take That
Tinie Tempah
Usher

For Those who are pushing for the MJ Vandgaurd award to be restored
Please rethink the consequences and tell me WHO do you feel should
recieve (The MIchael Jackson MTV vandaguard Award) that HONOR ??

SCREW MTV they do not reperesent the Best and they have on so
many occasions been highly disrespectful to Michael _ Why would
anyone want to have him associtaed with. after all their BS

Last edited:
analogue;3311728 said:
I'm looking at the MTV music channel now and it's now saying that they are looking for ''The Prince Of Pop''

I don't know if it's changed for other countries but i have a feeling they changed it after the huge and rightfully so uproar.

Oh and by the way i don't think that anyone of these people are worthy on becomming the prince of pop.

StaceyMJ;3311774 said:
Put it this way, they obviously don't have anything better to talk about. Leave them to it, not like anyone is gonna take it seriously right?

EDITing
if the titles could be changed, maybe MJ fans could have taken the action against this, and thats the point, we - MJ fans have to fight for Michael, even though it seems to be ridiculous, but MTV is not so unimportant, its a brand of something that has created the music generations... and Michael deserves his respect!

The first thing is to post them emails of fans´outspoken discontent, and that probably happened...

Last edited:
Hey.... this title has not been changed, its another poll!!!

The artists are different from the first link to the new King of Pop - http://www.mtv.co.uk/royalty/king-and-queen-of-pop

The new King of Pop poll is evidently based on best sellers and chart toppers!!!

Wasn't that why Mike was crowned the KOP in the first place if my memory serves me right, the only difference was that Michael was able to maintain it through his music.

Who cares who is the 'King Of Pop' now, its not like its gonna down in history or be remembered in 30 years time like MJ, they're probably gonna do another poll in a couple of months when Justin Bieber is a little older.

I think the deeper issue is that of racism, really, so everyone here is in the right to get upset. How come they're not trying to find a new king of Rock n' Roll? Or a new band to replace The Beatles? Even these would be more justified, since neither Elvis nor The Beatles made MTV what it is today--I think it's nothing more than a giant slap on Michael's face, and ours as fans, that they did this.

But, I agree--there are bigger fish to fry.

Seriously, ur gonna play the racism card, again. I doubt very much that it has anything what so ever to do with ethnic origin. its simply another way to cash in. And they have had "The next king" shows in the bast, and the new fab four as well. It doesn;t matter who it is, as long as ppl can make money from it, they will.

Racism is so easily thrown out there these days, and most of the time its simply not the case. Ethnic "minorities" are just not minorities any more. Infact, in my town and surrounding areas, white ppl are the minority. Yet i don't go around claiming racism everytime something doesn't go my way.

Exactly! No matter who they crown the new kop, the title will not stick. When people talk about the King of Pop, they will always be referring to Michael Jackson.

That list is laughable. They should have thrown Bieber in there as well just to add insult to injury.

Seriously, ur gonna play the racism card, again. I doubt very much that it has anything what so ever to do with ethnic origin. its simply another way to cash in. And they have had "The next king" shows in the bast, and the new fab four as well. It doesn;t matter who it is, as long as ppl can make money from it, they will.

Racism is so easily thrown out there these days, and most of the time its simply not the case. Ethnic "minorities" are just not minorities any more. Infact, in my town and surrounding areas, white ppl are the minority. Yet i don't go around claiming racism everytime something doesn't go my way.

I would change the word racism with discrimination and prejudice.? believe those terms include the word racism in it. In Michael Jackson's case discrimination and bias was always the case for lots and different reasons. In this case though i agree with you. It about the cash.

The name KOP doesn't come from MTV, they don't own it, and have no right to "crown" anybody.
They have forgotten the Music part of their name a long time ago anyway. They are no qualified to talk about music altogether in my book.

Exactly! No matter who they crown the new kop, the title will not stick. When people talk about the King of Pop, they will always be referring to Michael Jackson.

Exactly, The title would never suit anyone else, plus no one could ever outsell 'Thriller' or match the talent of Michael (on or off stage).
I don't really see why anyone would even want it anyway, after all, the title KOP would steer people's minds away from them and bring thought's of Michael.

MTV? does anyone even remember it used to be a music channel? that was long time ago.. lol its a joke today!

*Laughing* I can't take this too seriously 'cause it is impossible.

It is like they are looking for a new king of pop with the same kind of form as top ten list of the week etc. How about we try to seek next king of pop for the week/month/year? ;) How many artist can even manage to keep up the success for a long period of time..

I'm sorry, but the title is already been taken and it belongs to the real King of Pop - Michael.

Back