MTV UK crowning new King of Pop????

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
I saw this on other MJ fan forums...

http://www.mtv.co.uk/royalty/king-and-queen-of-pop

"We mean no disrespect to Michael Jackson and his fans. He had a phenomenal career and we'll be listening to his music for years to come, but that won't be at the expense of looking out for the next generation of fantastic musicians! Who else are you listening to these days?

If this true, there is ONLY ONE King of Pop and it's MICHAEL JACKSON!

They mean this????

card_music_header.jpg
logo.gif

YOUR KING OF POP:
Dizzee Rascal
Eminem
Jay-Z
Kanye West
Kings Of Leon
Mark Ronson
Plan B
Take That
Tinie Tempah
Usher

YOUR QUEEN OF POP:
Adele
Alicia Keys
Beyonce
Britney Spears
Cheryl Cole
Katy Perry
Kylie Minogue
Lady Gaga
Pink
Rihanna

MJ is known as King of Pop. That will never change. Just like Elvis is known by many as 'The King' and James Brown is the 'Godfather of Soul'.

"Who are you listening to these days?"

Wow. Yes, that's what it takes to become King of Pop... Be listened "these days"...

So, yeah I guess that makes Justin Bieber the new KOP cuz half of the stupid people out there in the world see him as the best out there, the musical genius...you know what, I am done with this world, people have become such a mediocrity and it is nice to have a piece of mind around here, and share the view on life and quality with some people who have their own piece of mind as well,instead of being stupid sheep who just take what they are bloody given.

LOVE to all the MJ fans, smart ,cool , wonderful people! FOREVER loyal to our King. They will never give half of what he gave to us,so selflessly.

KIDDING ME???

I've been Usher and Michael's fan since I was very little,
but never thought Usher would be the next king and I won't
and that Usher himself knows he can't make it, and he even doesn't care.

the time will judge who the only one is.

Michael Jackson is King Of Pop, and he made MTV.
MTV didn't crown MJJ with the title, in the first place, so they can't take it away.
Elizabeth did, the title was well deserved.

Word to MTV: you are :crazy: :lmao:

==============
:pth: to MTV...

Last edited:
*Yawn*

Isn't the media tired of doing this already? Honestly, I don't even care anymore. I know who the King is and so do most people. That's all that matters for me.

i couldnt call any of those people King of Pop without laughing my ass off afterwards. Music today is a joke much like their ironic proposed title for the artists they suggested. Michael worked his ass off for many years to earn that title, some peeps got many more dues to pay. A few hundred million of them!

LOL. I don't even know who most of these people are. "King of Pop", yeah, right.....

I know Eminem (I don't like him though and he is not even doing pop music), Take That (hardly anyone cares about them outside of Britain/Europe), Usher (Michael's Nr 1 copycat). I have heard of Jay-Z and Kanye West, but since I don't like hip-hop I don't listen to them at all. The rest I don't even know. I have only heard of Mark Ronson's name because he hang out in Neverland as a little boy and he defended Michael during the trial in the media. That's all I know of him.

The media should accept it at last: Michael Jackson is the one and only King of Pop! Noone - especially noone of the recent generation of stars - comes even close. Comparing these guys to Michael is like comparing fast food to French cuisine. Just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Michael will be King Of Pop forever! That will never change!
People just need to stop.

Come on, the Estate needs to wake up and take a patent on KoP.

Seriously, would it be possible to protect the use of KoP and if so, why hasn't it been done already?

why is everybody angry at this? i believe that what they mean is who is also very good and has the potenty to be great,,, its not like you can only like 1 singer.. you can love more.. and that is why there is also a grammy award for new best singer..
i think its great to have potenty like michael had when he was a child. and i hope that some singers are respected for what they bring today..
like usher like beyonce, i personally dont like gaga, but she does make a big statement not only in the music world also in the fashion world. also bieber is a huge populair singer right now.. the fans go nuts for him just like they did when the beatles where huge and michael was..

so for me its good that the give others also a change to be great and huge.. some diserve it..

what a joke. MTV that is, when was the last time u actually played music, idiots. But, i'm sure jessica simpson and her x are ok with that. Seriously, who comes up with this shit, and more importantly, who pays them to do so??!?! grrr. Theonly artist in that list who even comes close to deserving some kinda crown, (not king though, and not of pop) is Eminem. And, before u all start, i really don't care about all the "oh, he said a bad thing about MJ once so he is the scum of the earth" The guy is pure musical genius, fact. Hence he is the biggest selling artist of the last decade. But, i digress, this show should be stopped before it hits the airwaves, but then so should the xwacktor and all those talent(less) contests.

Last edited:
They mean this????

card_music_header.jpg
logo.gif

YOUR KING OF POP:
Dizzee Rascal
Eminem
Jay-Z
Kanye West
Kings Of Leon
Mark Ronson
Plan B
Take That
Tinie Tempah
Usher

YOUR QUEEN OF POP:
Adele
Alicia Keys
Beyonce
Britney Spears
Cheryl Cole
Katy Perry
Kylie Minogue
Lady Gaga
Pink
Rihanna

Surely, it's a typo. They meant to say king/queen of poop.

This is just ridiculous. There´s only one King Of Pop - and the whole world knows that for years to come. To get the "title" King Of Pop - you need more than standing on a stage, singing nice songs and smile shy. (I don´t mean to offend any Justin Bieber fans - but please: this is more childish than anything I´ve ever heard.)

i get real tired of the (EXPLITIVES) in the uk, first the come up with the 'w' word for him and now this, come on have some respect , if they want an idol come up with a new title for him\her and leave the 'KING OF POP's name alone for chrissakes.

.. ok guys, thats fine that we can reassure ourselves that MJ is the only one KOP, but lets fight for him on the net, and sites like for MTV, people have to see and feel our power for Michael, who else ought to do this?

Guys, remember something here. This is merely a slimy little booger from our nose. A friggin cliff hanger! Wipe it off and wash your hands! Try not to get too worked up on it. It ain't worth your stressing over. His title ain't going nowhere and we all know it!

Let's love!

Back