Monday, March 23, 2009 News & Stuff

I didn't realize until now just how huge Michael is in these Asian countries. I mean those people pay homage to Michael in big ways.

I think he really should add some Asian countries to his roster.

I've been to about 20 concerts on the HIStory tour and I can tell you it hasn't sold out everywhere. Sometimes, MJ was playing in stadiums that were 1/3 empty. You could easily buy tickets on showday. I remember the fans talking about that a lot, because the Dangerous tour had sold out almost everywhere. The shows were great, though, and a lot of people turned up, still most of them didn't sell out. In Germany, MJ played too many concerts in stadiums that were too big. We all wanted him to sell out, but he didn't. So what? The This Is It concerts are a phenomenal success already, there's no doubt he's selling out those.

and U2 didn't finish selling their concerts cus the demand didn't equal MJ's. nuff said about the record, there. and still, people are begging for tickets.

You know what? read the facts before you post.
Additional shows had to be added in almost every city because the first ones are sold out.

And there are several shows who go on sale later, like the shows in Germany. There haven't been tickets available for these shows because the sale is just starting by the end of this week, and the sale for the US shows starts after that.

Fact is: They have sold out the two Croke Park dates in record speed.
Ask U2 fans how many of them were able to score tickets for these shows. Many of them ended up without a ticket and go around forums and ebay looking for tickets. A third show will be added soon.

I tell you I go to a lot of concerts and I hardly had problems getting the tickets I wanted. I also go and see Bruce Springsteen twice this summer, but getting GA tickets for his shows was a light breeze compared to the fight over U2 tickets. Still I don't say Springsteen isn't a legend or a great performer, just because he's not selling out arenas in the speed of light. I don't care about that. I only care about a good concert.

MJ hasn't performed in years, a band like U2 is touring every few years. For a band with a carreer span of over 30 years and not having gone away and not having had a huge reunion or comeback, I'd say they do pretty well. But really: Who cares, these are just numbers, and the MJ figures are phenomenal.

^^:D
Popular hongkong artist's MJ impersonation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOtat6K2gu0

Popular singaporean artist's MJ impersonation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CodyT5hwjPw

popular Taiwanese artist doing MJ in concert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N98bWZED8lI

but they all are bad compared to MJ IMHO

:punk: :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thats why Michael should perform there, in Asia, at least on gig...!!!
He would be the KING there, the music GOD...!!!

The Michaelmania would be hysterical
:angel::angel::angel:

Michael Jackson scores ticket resale chart hat-trick

• Submitted by: Tixdaq
  • Monday, 23 March 2009
You have to SEE this: http://www.tixdaq.com/home/ The 50 dates scheduled for Michael Jackson to play at London’s O2 arena sold out in record time: over 1m tickets were snapped up by Michael Jackson fans eager to see him return to the stage for what have been billed as the last ever Michael Jackson dates in London.

Tixdaq, the research and data firm specializing in ticket resale information (!!!), has released figures reviewing the ticket resale market for the Michael Jackson concerts as part of the weekly Tixdaq charts. The Tixdaq research shows that for the first time, a single artist has topped all three of the weekly ticket resale charts. The charts, published in Music Week, indicate how popular tickets are for a specific artist. In the past week, Michael Jackson saw the most tickets resold, achieved the highest average price and generated the highest resale grosses.

Steve Machin, Executive Vice President of Tixdaq commented “Clearly tickets for the record breaking Michael Jackson residency were priced to sell with as the most expensive tickets cost only £75.00. Even now demand is unprecedented, and that is reflected in the resale charts as we are seeing a lot of the best tickets now being resold at their market value. The average resale price for Michael Jackson tickets last week was over £200.00”

Following Michael Jackson in the charts were artists including established classic acts such as Tina Turner, Lionel Richie. Eric Clapton and Cliff Richard and the Shadows. Concerts by pop acts including Girls Aloud and Take That also feature alongside rock shows from Kings of Leon and Oasis.

“With such a strong showing by a wealth of household name performers, what we found to be most surprising was just how strong the Michael Jackson sales have been” added Machin, “Madonna came close in the average price chart, but the volume of Michael Jackson tickets and the resale grosses for the residency far outstripped the competition last week.”

ABOUT TIXDAQ

· Tixdaq provides independent research, data and consulting products to the live entertainment industry.

· In 2008 Tixdaq launched a consumer price checker, http://www.tixdaq.com, allowing fans of live entertainment to quickly search and compare the best value legitimate tickets available online.

· Tixdaq publishes the weekly UK Live Music Chart in Music Week.

· The Tixdaq 2008 Live Report contains data on more than 1,800 events and lists key stakeholders in the UK live industry including the full top 100 artist and festival chart.

I've been to about 20 concerts on the HIStory tour and I can tell you it hasn't sold out everywhere. Sometimes, MJ was playing in stadiums that were 1/3 empty. You could easily buy tickets on showday. I remember the fans talking about that a lot, because the Dangerous tour had sold out almost everywhere. The shows were great, though, and a lot of people turned up, still most of them didn't sell out. In Germany, MJ played too many concerts in stadiums that were too big. We all wanted him to sell out, but he didn't. So what? The This Is It concerts are a phenomenal success already, there's no doubt he's selling out those.

It wouldnt have bothered me if the shows were not sold out , but why should i say they were not sold out when the thruth is they sold out...? just to please you ....?

Everybody know HT was the tour which drew the most audience so dont make as if you are the most objective person here and give lessons to people ...

I also went to 20 concerts of the HT and saw they were all sold out ... only 3 concerts of the HT were not sold out one of them was in LYon Gerlain (France) and 2 in Germany , ...so on 89 concerts 86 were sold out ... overall 4,5 million people attended to the HT ...tell me who else made better between artists with the same amount number of concerts

You are only speculating without giving figures just to provoque ....

Just dont come here and give lessons of "respect" and "objectivity" to people when you obviously dont use these qualities ...

I don't want to hear those poeple with some inferiority complex or im not sure what trying to downplay just what a force Michael IS in the industry. He has been humiliated relenetlessly yet, sold out 50 concerts in a matter of hours with thousands left without tickets...and I see that some people STILL just can't give him the credit he has earned and deserves.

Me...I'm going to bask in this amazing accomplishment. well done Michael.

Im a huge U2 fan and MJ fan, so I cant wait for both shows, who cares what the press say, both sold tickets incredibly fast!

However I'll say this, i waited in the online queue much longer for MJ than I did for U2. :)

Now, here in America, some seats are cut off from being sold because those seats are behind equipment that requires cameras to project on the LArge sceens. Also some seat are behind the stage and wont be sold.

It wouldnt have bothered me if the shows were not sold out , but why should i say they were not sold out when the thruth is they sold out...? just to please you ....?

Everybody know HT was the tour which drew the most audience so dont make as if you are the most objective person here and give lessons to people ...

I also went to 20 concerts of the HT and saw they were all sold out ... only 3 concerts of the HT were not sold out one of them was in LYon Gerlain (France) and 2 in Germany , ...so on 89 concerts 86 were sold out ... overall 4,5 million people attended to the HT ...tell me who else made better between artists with the same amount number of concerts

Just dont come here and give lessons of "respect" and "objectivity" to people when you obviously dont use these qualities ...

Whatever. The tour drawing the most audience doesn't equal "sold out". Yes, he may have sold out many of these concerts, but not all of them. And don't tell me you use Wikipedia as a source.

So what? It was still a great tour. Many artists don't sell out all their concerts, it's not such a big deal if you're a fan.

And no need for a personal attack, I have respect for everyone.
It's always interesting to see how quickly some MJ fans are jumping on someone just because they have a different opinion and don't agree with everything MJ does.
The aggressiveness of some here is simply ridiculous.

Now, here in America, some seats are cut off from being sold because those seats are behind equipment that requires cameras to project on the LArge sceens. Also some seat are behind the stage and wont be sold.

That's not what I meant. Stadiums are different than arenas. The number of tickets going on sale for stadium concerts are always based on an estimated amount of people, and sometimes it turns out there is actually place for more.

first you say the MJ concerts didn't sell out then you say that many people turned up. when you make opposite statements you are not to be believed.

You know what? read the facts before you post.
Additional shows had to be added in almost every city because the first ones are sold out.

And there are several shows who go on sale later, like the shows in Germany. There haven't been tickets available for these shows because the sale is just starting by the end of this week, and the sale for the US shows starts after that.

Fact is: They have sold out the two Croke Park dates in record speed.
Ask U2 fans how many of them were able to score tickets for these shows. Many of them ended up without a ticket and go around forums and ebay looking for tickets. A third show will be added soon.

I tell you I go to a lot of concerts and I hardly had problems getting the tickets I wanted. I also go and see Bruce Springsteen twice this summer, but getting GA tickets for his shows was a light breeze compared to the fight over U2 tickets. Still I don't say Springsteen isn't a legend or a great performer, just because he's not selling out arenas in the speed of light. I don't care about that. I only care about a good concert.

MJ hasn't performed in years, a band like U2 is touring every few years. For a band with a carreer span of over 30 years and not having gone away and not having had a huge reunion or comeback, I'd say they do pretty well. But really: Who cares, these are just numbers, and the MJ figures are phenomenal.

u say ALMOST every city(concerning U2). you argue with urself there. i do read the facts. i read posts very well.

i agree. i don't see Serena disagreeing with herself..so who is to be believed? the one who disagrees with themself or the one who doesn't? how can one person say they are sellouts and another person say they are not, even though both went? naturally i'll agree with the one who is consistent in her statement. like i said, last unicorn(one who seems to have a problem with MJ fans, so it's hard to take ur statements about MJ's drawing power seriously, u just have too much of a negative consistent slant towards things MJ, so it's hard to believe your 'facts', especially since it's impossible to determine whether all the stadiums in the world sold out or not, because, even the most ardent fan doesn't have the money to attend every concert. certainly, you did not. and like i said..considering what MJ was going thru during the history tour...any other artist would've drawn no one, at that time if they went thru what the press was putting MJ thru..so..like i said..really..the history tour isn't even worth discussing.

the bottom line is, that the o2 record is unmatched because there is no doubt left in anyone's mind. this is a residency, as opposed to a tour, but it is a complete residency. there is no 'almost' about it. the complete residency sold out in record time. U2 cannot say that, no matter how you spin it. MJ sold out everything that was available. everything. no holes left, unlike u2. no almost about it, like u2, as u have admitted. remember, u used the term 'almost', with u2.

now i like one of u2's songs. this isn't about hate. it's about facts. this shouldn't be argued based on like or hate..it's just based on what happened with the sellout. if MJ was competing against Janet Jackson, i would say the same thing..and i love them both. it's just about the facts, here.

anyway..i don't know how we got to discussing the history tour. this was about comparing the this is it tour to u2's current tour. looking for a tour that helps prove your point, kinda invalidates your argument, since the tour of this discussion is supposed to be the this is it tour, that the press was comparing to the u2 current tour.

and..it's worth repeating...u2 didn't have to go thru a period where they had to decide to cancel the rest of the tour and feel that they couldn't enter into a certain country, because of the press. with MJ..this was the case. he didn't even feel comfortable to finish touring the usa, because of the subject matter that doesn't even need mentioning that the press was blasting MJ about. and..even if the press attacks didn't happen...HIStory is no the topic of this discussion. the this is it tour, is. that's what the irish press was referring to...they never mentioned history. so..i guess it's in order for you to consider the facts of the discussion before posting.

i still don't get the comparison of venues, since the end figure is still one million tickets. no matter how u spin it, selling out all of the tickets and ending up at the same figure, is all that is relevant. and as far as comeback is concerned..punishing someone for their touring habits is also irrelevant. if u2 waited years to tour, but they were still the talk of the town, i would not call them a comeback act, either. so..this MJ situation is not a comeback. he never left. cus he never left our conversations or our hearts. and he never left the lips of the media..even if it was negative. comeback definition remains...forgotten, and then remebered after a time of silence.

on another note...it looks like MJ is in fashion, even to the los angeles times...lol
cool to see them suggest getting items from the auction, to use for what is in style...although i have a problem with doing the auction if MJ has a problem with it.

Last edited:
I didn't realize until now just how huge Michael is in these Asian countries. I mean those people pay homage to Michael in big ways.

I think he really should add some Asian countries to his roster.
Yupe. Just last saturday there was another concert with a small segment of MJ tribute and this will be done throughout this singer songwriter's world tour. You see the media can try to downplay his acievements but these young pop artists are the testament of his worldwide influence in pop culture.
please watch the video below from 5.54 onwards!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LpnONKNYiE

Back