Monday, March 23, 2009 News & Stuff

Michael Jackson fans invited to vote for O2 setlist
Also, bafflingly, there’s no quickfire option to say `All the old stuff, nothing after Bad, [/URL]

Nothing after Bad? Whoever wrote this is an idiot.

They've been doing this type of stuff to Michael Jackson since he was a kid. It hasn't stopped yet.

Push on, Mikey-Mike! :lol:

What is with the hate/dislike of U2? :lol:

Their tickets are cheap, I heard, and easier to get. MJ's sold out due to higher prices and there's already a "controversy" surrounding that (AEG vs. Viagogo) but MJ still did well. ;)

Come on now... :rofl:

What is with the hate/dislike of U2?

They and/or LiveNation played themselves, coming up with the "112 per second" theory. LOL!

Ain't nobody trying to hear that. If they want to talk about breaking a record, who ever THEY may be, they could have come up with something a little LESS lame. LOL! I mean, really.

No one hates U2, me just think it's unfair of what's done to MJ. :)
It's funny how when MJ is proving all the haters wrong and is doing extremely well they try to denounce him by calling him the 'Prince of Pop' or say that his record has been broken when it really hasn't been lol.

This is what 'they' do.
Nothing after Bad? Whoever wrote this is an idiot.

Last edited:
Wasn't Michaels "111 per second"?? So U2's "UP TO 112 per second" smells a little bit like Bullsh!te to me! Just a little to close for comfort and believability (if that's a real word)

Also the figures just don't add up! 650,000 tickets sold in 8 hours equates to;

81,250 per hour
1,354 per minute
23 per second

This smacks of the Irish music press being a little jealous of our little old Mikey!! (lol)

i agree. it's just like the grammys. Mike won 8, so 8 became the number to beat. and 8 was the number always reported. suspicious is putting it mildly. how many shows is U2 doing?

Always the old rivalry, who cares? When the U2 tickets went on sale, the servers crashed as well, because they weren't prepared for the demand. The two Irish shows in Croke Park were sold out in record time. Of course they didn't sell 1 million tickets because they had less shows on sale, while MJ had full 50 shows at the O2 on sale. U2 don't give so many concerts in Europe this year, not all their shows are on sale yet, the US shows are still to follow. And you cannot compare stadium concerts to the O2 arena, because a stadium is NEVER sold out. You can get tickets for every officially "sold out" stadium show you want. The only tickets left for U2 are a handful in Wembley, due to cancellations and because they are in the most expensive section. I love U2 and have tickets for their shows, I can tell you it wasn't any easier getting those than it was getting tickets for MJ. They are both big, but MJ has a huge comeback, while U2 have never gone away. Not fair to compare them.

Man, I hate this U2 hate on the MJ forums. Why? Because they are his biggest competition? Get over it, guys, the world is big enough for all of them.

what do you mean by huge comeback vs. never gone away. neither has gone away, because both continue to be talked about. so..hate can go either way...nobody is hating. just bringing up facts. how can you be so sure a stadium show is never sold out. too many have happened for you to have done all the research.

and it's irrelevant to compare an arena to a stadium, when you are talking about one million tickets in less than five hours. a seat is the same, the people are the same.

what do you mean by huge comeback vs. never gone away. neither has gone away, because both continue to be talked about. so..hate can go either way...nobody is hating. just bringing up facts. how can you be so sure a stadium show is never sold out. too many have happened for you to have done all the research.

and it's irrelevant to compare an arena to a stadium, when you are talking about one million tickets in less than five hours. a seat is the same, the people are the same.

And a stadium is more likely to draw 1 million people because there are more places (50 to 100 000 places ) to fill in with only 12 stadiums but U2 didnt do that .

Plus a stadium can be sold out , look at all the stadiums MJ made at the History Tour and the statistics on WIKLIPEDIA ... they all mention "Sold out " next to a stadium's numebr of people .

This race to smash michael is ridiculous ...

http://www.responsesource.com/releases/rel_display.php?relid=46470

Michael Jackson scores ticket resale chart hat-trick

The 50 dates scheduled for Michael Jackson to play at London’s O2 arena sold out in record time: over 1m tickets were snapped up by Michael Jackson fans eager to see him return to the stage for what have been billed as the last ever Michael Jackson dates in London.

Tixdaq, the research and data firm specializing in ticket resale information, has released figures reviewing the ticket resale market for the Michael Jackson concerts as part of the weekly Tixdaq charts. The Tixdaq research shows that for the first time, a single artist has topped all three of the weekly ticket resale charts. The charts, published in Music Week, indicate how popular tickets are for a specific artist. In the past week, Michael Jackson saw the most tickets resold, achieved the highest average price and generated the highest resale grosses.

Steve Machin, Executive Vice President of Tixdaq commented “Clearly tickets for the record breaking Michael Jackson residency were priced to sell with as the most expensive tickets cost only £75.00. Even now demand is unprecedented, and that is reflected in the resale charts as we are seeing a lot of the best tickets now being resold at their market value. The average resale price for Michael Jackson tickets last week was over £200.00”

Following Michael Jackson in the charts were artists including established classic acts such as Tina Turner, Lionel Richie. Eric Clapton and Cliff Richard and the Shadows. Concerts by pop acts including Girls Aloud and Take That also feature alongside rock shows from Kings of Leon and Oasis.

“With such a strong showing by a wealth of household name performers, what we found to be most surprising was just how strong the Michael Jackson sales have been” added Machin, “Madonna came close in the average price chart, but the volume of Michael Jackson tickets and the resale grosses for the residency far outstripped the competition last week.”

ABOUT TIXDAQ

· Tixdaq provides independent research, data and consulting products to the live entertainment industry.

· In 2008 Tixdaq launched a consumer price checker, http://www.tixdaq.com, allowing fans of live entertainment to quickly search and compare the best value legitimate tickets available online.

· Tixdaq publishes the weekly UK Live Music Chart in Music Week.

· The Tixdaq 2008 Live Report contains data on more than 1,800 events and lists key stakeholders in the UK live industry including the full top 100 artist and festival chart.

http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=1037304&c=1

I am SICK of bands who try to be like The Beatles (U2 and Coldplay), use beatles Iconography, worship them like they are fucking god, and then do music "inspired" by the beatles, meaning it's shitty half assed generic rock with a lead singer with a sucky voice. What I hate about Bono and his stupid band, Coldplay, and idiots who think Paul is dead, worship John Lennon, have Ringo as their favorite because he has a weird name, constantly quote Yellow Submarine and Abby Road, and believe that Jesus is speaking to them in "Revolution 9".

Anyone else feel the same? What happend to REAL MUSIC?

The Tixdaq research shows that for the first time, a single artist has topped all three of the weekly ticket resale charts. The charts, published in Music Week, indicate how popular tickets are for a specific artist. In the past week, Michael Jackson saw the most tickets resold, achieved the highest average price and generated the highest resale grosses.
MJ is still breaking records! :D Now watch U2 etc fans claim biggest re-sales tomorrow! :lol: I don't have a problem with U2 btw, just some news outlets and fans.

It seems there are about 21000 tickets available for resale in total:
http://www.tixdaq.com/concerts/events.php?v=6447&a=13397

And a stadium is more likely to draw 1 million people because there are more places (50 to 100 000 places ) to fill in with only 12 stadiums but U2 didnt do that .

Plus a stadium can be sold out , look at all the stadiums MJ made at the History Tour and the statistics on WIKLIPEDIA ... they all mention "Sold out " next to a stadium's numebr of people .

This race to smash michael is ridiculous ...

and...at least they could call him by his name...it makes it sound like a lot of emotion was used in that article..like they were mad or somn... as if to say..oh yea? well, take THIS J****... which makes them sound unreliable. present facts after the shows are done selling..and do it with out all the emotion. maybe then, i'll consider reading ur article with a straight face. the shows aren't finished selling, yet, anyway, for U2. anyway..i keep asking..how many shows for U2 is this article talking about?

anyway...in the article they say that the tickets APPEARED to be sold. and they pick and choose their moments when they measured the clock speed..so the article is totally questionable.

Elementary students see successful 'men of color'

By Phyllis Moore
Published in News on March 23, 2009 1:46 PM

News-Argus/BOBBY WILLIAMS
Percy Arrington, retired chief cameraman for NBC News, shares photos with Doris Hopes' third-grade class at Carver Heights Elementary School during "Men of Color" Day at the school.

Percy Arrington, former chief cameraman for NBC News, spent 30 years of his career covering the White House, working with six presidents -- from Gerald Ford to George W. Bush.
On Friday, he could be found taking snapshots of third-grade students in Doris Hopes' class at Carver Heights Elementary School after delivering a speech.
He was one of 25 successful men participating in "Men of Color Day" at the school. This is the second year for the event, providing insights into the men's careers and their path to success.
Arrington is from Rocky Mount and graduated from Fayetteville State University. He was briefly a school teacher before other opportunities presented themselves.
Standing in front of the classroom, he shared some of his experiences and passed around photos of different presidents, as well as such White House visitors as Michael Jackson.
"Were you friends with Michael Jackson?" asked one student.
"Which president impressed you the most?" another student asked.
"Being with them all the time, I was friendly with all of them. All of them called me by name," Arrington said. "I guess I was most impressed with President Clinton because the other presidents, I could always figure them out. But with Mr. Clinton, he always did stuff that wasn't according to the rules -- he'd be in front of you and then all of a sudden, he would be in the crowd."
He produced a "flight certificate" Clinton gave him from Air Force One, the presidential plane.
"It showed that you are the guest of the president of the United States," he explained.
And on Friday, it was his turn to encourage youngsters to aim just as high.
"You all know you can be anything you want to be, right?" he asked. As shouts of "yes" filled the air, he explained that while "nothing comes easy," honesty and good hard work can accomplish a lot.
"I can say, everything that I wanted when I was a kid, I got," he said. "I have never been to jail, never been arrested. I did it the hard way."
It was his first time speaking before a group of elementary school students, he said.
"It means a lot," he said. "I see kids today that are wasting their time, so any opportunity that I have that maybe I can talk to them, show them the hardship that I went through, tell them that they can make it, all they have to do is try. ... I hope that it rubs off on them."
Among the others participating in the event were Danny King, executive director and founder of ADLA Structured Day; Junius Shealy, director of Wade Edwards Learning Lab; Neal Stitt, retired educator; Julian Stackhaus, formerly with the FBI; Marvin McCoy, retired Army officet and educator, currently assistant superintendent for human resources with Wayne County Public Schools; Donald Faison, retired associate superintendent with WCPS; and Cornelius Williams, who drove Rosa Parks' husband to work and was at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s house after the bombing.

http://www.newsargus.com/news/archives/2009/03/23/elementary_students_see_successful_men_of_color/

and...at least they could call him by his name...it makes it sound like a lot of emotion was used in that article..like they were mad or somn... as if to say..oh yea? well, take THIS J****... which makes them sound unreliable. present facts after the shows are done selling..and do it with out all the emotion. maybe then, i'll consider reading ur article with a straight face. the shows aren't finished selling, yet, anyway, for U2. anyway..i keep asking..how many shows for U2 is this article talking about?

anyway...in the article they say that the tickets APPEARED to be sold. and they pick and choose their moments when they measured the clock speed..so the article is totally questionable.

I agree. I like u2 along with being a MJ fan. But the media once again tried to write Michael off and saying he had no fans left. And they got egg on their faces when the O2 concerts sold so fast. So now they're sulking and writing "sour grapes" articles trying make doubts out of nothing about Michael and downplay the significance of his accomplishment in this. And not to get off on a tangent. But this is the exact same way they acted during and after the trial. They didn't want to report about how Mez was scoring points in court and they sulked when Michael was rightfully found not guilty. This is really no different. They jumped the gun, paid for it and are now trying to act as if it didn't happen like that by making pity-party assumptions about Michael they know are not true. It is stupid, disgusting and pathetic IMO.

Well, MJ hasn't performed live for many years, he hasn't released a record in years, it IS a comeback, he hasn't been around in recent years, making music. People say it's the biggest comeback ever, and so be it, I don't care about numbers. I think it's great he's selling out all these shows and I hope these performances will be amazing and something to remember. No hating or envy here, really, I just don't get why fans always get so worked up about every little piece of information from the media.

Well, to be fair, U2 hasn't put up all their summer shows for sale, so it's not ok to compare them to MJ, because all 50 O2 concerts have been put up to sale and sold out. Well done, Michael. But not every stadium has 100.000 seats. And as I say: Stadium concerts (believe me, I've been to many) don't really "sell out". Tickets are sold in batches, over various outlets. An arena is full when it's full, for some stadium shows, even the officially "sold out" ones, it's possible to get tickets even on showday, because a number of tickets is always released after general sale has ended, like when they see how much space the stage really needs etc.

Why is it so hard to accept that both of them sell a lot of tickets and are great live acts, each in their field? And it's not true that the media is giving U2 a pass, they have been very critical on the band in recent years and also on the new album. If a band is that big and successful, you can expect media to be biased more against them than in favor of them.

Btw, hate to burst your bubble, but the HIStory tour was far from being sold out.

Well, MJ hasn't performed live for many years, he hasn't released a record in years, it IS a comeback, he hasn't been around in recent years, making music. People say it's the biggest comeback ever, and so be it, I don't care about numbers. I think it's great he's selling out all these shows and I hope these performances will be amazing and something to remember. No hating or envy here, really, I just don't get why fans always get so worked up about every little piece of information from the media.

Well, to be fair, U2 hasn't put up all their summer shows for sale, so it's not ok to compare them to MJ, because all 50 O2 concerts have been put up to sale and sold out. Well done, Michael. But not every stadium has 100.000 seats. And as I say: Stadium concerts (believe me, I've been to many) don't really "sell out". Tickets are sold in batches, over various outlets. An arena is full when it's full, for some stadium shows, even the officially "sold out" ones, it's possible to get tickets even on showday, because a number of tickets is always released after general sale has ended, like when they see how much space the stage really needs etc.

Why is it so hard to accept that both of them sell a lot of tickets and are great live acts, each in their field? And it's not true that the media is giving U2 a pass, they have been very critical on the band in recent years and also on the new album. If a band is that big and successful, you can expect media to be biased more against them than in favor of them.

Btw, hate to burst your bubble, but the HIStory tour was far from being sold out.

Give me facts that HT was FAR from being sold out , i am not in a bubble and i would ask you not be arrogant when you argue please ..!

We are talking about U2 because of the childlish way the media especialy this article is commenting it ... they have no respect for the accomplishment mj did with the O2 like he had no longer any fans .. . Please read first the article and then come here give your arguments before treating us/me like children or blinded fans ...i dont like that at all ...

If after reading the article you come here and see nothing bad with , then you can say you see nothing wrong ..but dont speak like i am a child if you dont want this thread crashes out...

Last edited:
wow...

so sad they spend their time staying up at nights thinking of ways to denounce michael.
what a horrible existance 'they' must lead. :no:

honestly, sometimes I feel sad for them...but then I remember what jerks they are. :rolleyes:

the history tour sold out in hawaii. that's enough right there. plus...it didn't get to finish for obvious reasons..so it really doesn't count.

and you and i have different definitions of comeback. you dont' go away unless you are forgotten, completely.

and..U2 did not get the blasting that MJ did, and still does. even rollingstone magazine says that MJ is the king of controversies..NOT U2. i guess u need to hear it from a mag for it to be validated. if u have to ask why MJ fans are prickly right now..then..excuse me, you've been hiding under a rock from the media. when was the last time U2 members had to go to trial over a tabloid statement?

and U2 didn't finish selling their concerts cus the demand didn't equal MJ's. nuff said about the record, there. and still, people are begging for tickets.

and, you still haven't been to every stadium concert in history so you don't qualify to know that None ever sold out.

Last edited:
Russian billionaire OLEG DERIPASKA has slammed reports pop superstar MICHAEL JACKSON is set to perform at a private party the businessman is staging, branding the rumours "sheer fantasy".
The Thriller hitmaker was alleged to have negotiated a $2.9 million (£2 million) paycheque in exchange for an appearance at Deripaska's glitzy bash in April (09).
But representatives for the Russian tycoon have blasted the claims, made by Jackson biographer Ian Halperin earlier this month (Mar09).
The former journalist further alleged Jackson had demanded a team of nine doctors be on-hand throughout the performance - just in case he felt unwell. But all claims have been dismissed by a spokesman for Deripaska's office.
His representative Sergey Babichenko tells WENN,
"A number of Russian and international media recently has published rumours about Michael Jackson's alleged forthcoming performance at Oleg Deripaska's party. This expressly false information has nothing to do with reality."

Russian billionaire OLEG DERIPASKA has slammed reports pop superstar MICHAEL JACKSON is set to perform at a private party the businessman is staging, branding the rumours "sheer fantasy".
The Thriller hitmaker was alleged to have negotiated a $2.9 million (£2 million) paycheque in exchange for an appearance at Deripaska's glitzy bash in April (09).
But representatives for the Russian tycoon have blasted the claims, made by Jackson biographer Ian Halperin earlier this month (Mar09).
The former journalist further alleged Jackson had demanded a team of nine doctors be on-hand throughout the performance - just in case he felt unwell. But all claims have been dismissed by a spokesman for Deripaska's office.
His representative Sergey Babichenko tells WENN,
"A number of Russian and international media recently has published rumours about Michael Jackson's alleged forthcoming performance at Oleg Deripaska's party. This expressly false information has nothing to do with reality."

so that's what KIIS fm was reporting about...a rumour. lol

Wow! This is still going?! :lol:

Look, Mike's been totally quiet for months, he goes to London and does a 5 minute press conference about "This Is It," tickets go on sale, he breaks yet ANOTHER record and HE'S THE MAN!!!

Now, him is quiet again. Hehehehe :D

Don'tcha just LOVE IT?!!

The Last Visionary Boxsets

MARCH 23, 2009, 5:53

Michael Jackson is one of the true pioneers when it came to music videos. His Visionary Boxset showcases his finest video singles on 20 Dual Discs housed in a beautiful case, and is one incredible collectible item. The last of the stock is being released on http://michaeljackson.skyroo.com and won't be available much longer. You don't have to be Visionary to know it's a must have for an MJ fan!

http://community.michaeljackson.com/us/news/last-visionary-boxsets

She only gets out of bed for 10,000 volts

Japanese engineers unveil the first robotic supermodel – complete with sulky face
By David McNeill in Tokyo

Tuesday, 24 March 2009

AP
The blackhaired HPR-4C is modelled on Japanese anime character

After years developing artificial dogs, factory workers, receptionists and even nurses, it was perhaps inevitable that Japanese engineers would one day get around to creating a robot fashion model. Unveiled at the Japan Fashion Week in Tokyo, the black-haired HPR-4C strolled silently on to a catwalk, twirled a little stiffly and performed a short repertoire of tricks for a phalanx of photographers.
A beautifully proportioned 43 kilograms (including battery) and modelled on Japanese anime characters, she seems so far to be limited to just two emotional states: anger and surprise – not necessarily a liability in fashion circles, joked some.
The facial expressions are the product of eight tiny, silent motors, explained Shuji Kajita, head of the team that produced the robot at the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology. However, with a development cost of £1.4m and a technically unlimited shelf life, she is considerably cheaper to maintain than flesh-and-blood rivals such as Linda Evangelista, who once boasted that she didn't get out of bed for less than $10,000.
Mr Kajita was happy to admit that Kate Moss has nothing to fear, at least not yet. "This is just the first step," he explained, adding his team needed at least another 20 years before they could mimic the fluid movement of a real model.
The HPR-4C joins a growing list of celebrity robots in Japan, including Honda's Asimo, who has opened the New York Stock Exchange. Toyota has developed a series of bipedal androids that can play concert-level wind instruments. Most remain expensive toys, but the industry already generates $700m (£485m) every year for Japan, home to about a third of the world's one million industrial robots.
Many engineers believe they can create working androids indistinguishable from humans. "It wouldn't be that hard to pass off a robot as a human on TV because the most important thing is appearance and behaviour," says Hiroshi Ishiguro, a professor at Osaka University who has created the Geminoid HI-1, described as the world's most advanced android.
"Look at some movie stars and pop stars. They already look like androids with their flawless skin: Michael Jackson, for instance. One day robots will seem no stranger than that."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/she-only-gets-out-of-bed-for-10000-volts-1652612.html

I guess that's a compliment! ^ :lol:

Back