MJJC Legacy Project: Spike Lee's MJ Birthday Celebration 2010

Where is everybody that went? I want to hear from others. Still out there partying?

Here's a pic of the cake for Michael:

153724903-0b75b5e0532ef27031943f7d054e9569.4c7b0290-scaled.jpg

And Reverend Al Sharpton saying a prayer for Michael and the victims of Hurricane Katrina:

153725717-ed14917f2463c4f8de3940aaeefd2ea0.4c7b0290-scaled.jpg

It was a fantastic day. I never stood in 94 degrees for anyone...but I did for MJ. MJ fans can be crazy, but I met some of the nicest ones yesterday.

Thank you Jmie for letting me hang out with your crew. You guys did a great job displaying that flag for all to see.

Might upload some pictures tonight.

i was there for one hr but it was amazing .JMie next time we have to communicate better .
it was hot and happening place .i still have my mj fan :)

I also met a few new fans as usual. Literally everytime I go to an event it feels like I come out with 3 or four new friends. It's awesome. It's just shows how great mj fans are everybody I meet is so nice and personable.

OH Waw, guys the pictures look lovely. I spent mine at the Grammy museum to look at his exhibit. I wish I could have been in 2 places at the same time.

I had an awesome MJ weekend!!! Saturday night was the MJ bday cruise on the Hudson and then Sunday went to Spike's MJ celebration. I'm exhausted and sun burnt, but it was so worth it!!! I can't wait for next year!!!!

I attended and had a blast! Of course there were sad moments and tears, but then again maybe that will never go away for me.

I came a little late because I spent the morning at the Heal The World For Children festival, also in Brooklyn. I'll find another thread to discuss that! :)

At Spike Lee's celebration I mostly hung out with the girls from:
http://www.meetup.com/legacyofloveMJ as well as HTWFC. Sorry I didn't come on this thread sooner to find other MJJCers. But I did see JMie's Russia Loves MJ banner! :)

My body still aches from standing and dancing.... :)

It was an amazing day with such a fantastic vibe! And Snoop was an excellent surprise indeed! Thanks to Spike and everyone for such a fabulous MJ celebration! BROOKLYN!!!!

The Michael Jackson Tributes Keep Coming With A Free MJ Mixtape | Music News, Reviews, and Gossip on Idolator.com

The Michael Jackson Tributes Keep Coming With A Free MJ Mixtape

j-period-mj.jpg

Michael Jackson’s 52nd birthday would have been yesterday, and tributes unfolded in his hometown and beyond. One humble suggestion: instead of mourning the loss of an icon, how about celebrating his life and music with a free mixtape? DJ J. Period teamed up with director Spike Lee to release Man or the Music, an 80-minute mixtape of MJ classics, rare demo tracks, remixes, and interview sound bites. The release of the mix coincided with Lee’s 2nd Annual Brooklyn Loves MJ celebration in New York’s Prospect Park. Jump below for the track list, and download the free MJ mix over at J. Period’s website.

j-period-mj-back.jpg

Thanks for the pics, videos and reports. Spike Lee just rocks for doing this for MJ.

^^^ Thanks for all the pic and video's. Im sure it was amaziiiiinnnnggg!:D
I hope Spike has it again next year coz I want to go:yes::yes::yes:

Thanks to everyone who was able to get out there to Prospect Park! The pics and vids are lovely.

Back