MJ La Gears Re-Launching!!

michael-jackson-la-gear-billie.jpg
Looks like nurse shoes with buckles on them, lol.

I'm buying them!!! and i don't mind if people are cashing in on this... They should be. It has nothing to do with Michael jackson or celebs. it's a people thing.... It's really sad be we don't realize how great someone is until they're gone. If people weren't trying to sell everything MJ i'd have an issue, cause that means people would be ignoring that impacted he had. But they are not. They are realizing that Michael Jackson is the biggest and greatest thing there ever was and ever will be!

Last edited:
lord, i lived through that shit once already ... are they really coming back ?? :lol: i think i have a pair of those in the attic :doh: when did I get so old

anyone have a DEADSTOCK pair size 9.5-10 thats willing to sell?

PM

Hey guys I thought you'd like to know about this. I emailed Lance Jackson today, the Director of Specialty product at LA Gear, asking if they were planning to re-launch the the MJ Gears and this is the respond I got:

We will be re- launching the original Billy Jean MJ shoe in the near future! Another exciting project going on right now is the re-launch of “LA Tech” which is the original light up! This will be launching at Sportie LA in the next 4 or 5 months. Stay tuned… thanks for the interest!

My best,

Lance Jackson

I'm sooooo excited!!! :D :D

can i get lance jacksons email?

Hey guys I thought you'd like to know about this. I emailed Lance Jackson today, the Director of Specialty product at LA Gear, asking if they were planning to re-launch the the MJ Gears and this is the respond I got:

We will be re- launching the original Billy Jean MJ shoe in the near future! Another exciting project going on right now is the re-launch of “LA Tech” which is the original light up! This will be launching at Sportie LA in the next 4 or 5 months. Stay tuned… thanks for the interest!

My best,

Lance Jackson

I'm sooooo excited!!! :D :D

I had no idea LA Gear was still in business.

Edit: Alright. They did file Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in 1998 and re-emerged.

Aww you guys those don't look bad at all. I'ma get and rock them joints if LA releases them. Ladies get just wear a white mini skirt and a black fitted cotton/spandex shirt or some black fitted stretch jeans with the same shirt ^ and accessorize with silver jewelry and you're set.:punk:

Boy, you better step back.
Those shoes ain't gonna turn me into no sexpot.
I'ma wear them with long shorts or jeans ain't no jewelry or mini skirts in my closet. Ain't spandex either. I'll wear my hot pink MJ shirt or the black one though.

Can't wait for those shoes. I wear sandals 24/7, but I'd rock those.

I'm buying them!!! and i don't mind if people are cashing in on this... They should be. It has nothing to do with Michael jackson or celebs. it's a people thing.... It's really sad be we don't realize how great someone is until they're gone. If people weren't trying to sell everything MJ i'd have an issue, cause that means people would be ignoring that impacted he had. But they are not. They are realizing that Michael Jackson is the biggest and greatest thing there ever was and ever will be!

I see your point, its a strange thing isn't it. Fans buy it as they want everything which is understandable and even more so now but the people making money are jumping on the bandwagon of someone's death. I guess if I look at it in a new light you could say when he was alive the business people didn't care about him them, so I guess in some ways its no different now, right or wrong... you get me? lol

Some of the 'This Is It' merchandise is ok but I just can't bear to give AEG money right now.

Is this 100 percent legit? When are the shoes coming out than? I would wear them all the time!

That's cool and all, but LA Gear has been irrelevant since the early 90s :lol:

Omg i used 2 have those shoes when i was like 5! :lol:

Not sure how they would do in todays society...but id be willing to wear them! :p

It was cool that MJ had his own kicks back then, but I passed on 'em then, and I'm passing on 'em now, lol. It's always been about Air Jordans for me. Gotta go with the other MJ on this one. The lite-ups were pretty cool back then, though.

I just ordered a pair o light ups haha there making a comeback!

I will get strange looks but I could care less 90s FTW

I just ordered a pair o light ups haha there making a comeback!

I will get strange looks but I could care less 90s FTW
I can't believe LA Lights are coming back! I owned a pair back in the day. The ones with the removeable light in the back. I don't think I could wear a pair today however. I just feel too old for it.

Back