MJ La Gears Re-Launching!!

mjcy

Proud Member
Hey guys I thought you'd like to know about this. I emailed Lance Jackson today, the Director of Specialty product at LA Gear, asking if they were planning to re-launch the the MJ Gears and this is the respond I got:

We will be re- launching the original Billy Jean MJ shoe in the near future! Another exciting project going on right now is the re-launch of “LA Tech” which is the original light up! This will be launching at Sportie LA in the next 4 or 5 months. Stay tuned… thanks for the interest!

My best,

Lance Jackson

I'm sooooo excited!!! :D :D

lol i love mike but i wud never wear those shoes haha,well the black ones were kind of fly actually. so id wear those

cool,but i feel there taking advantage of the situation. i would buy a pair just for the nostalgia feel about them

I think that is so awesome. I used to have a pair of MJ LA Gear high tops back in 1990. OMG did I ever loved those shoes. I wore them all of the freaking time just because Michael's initials and his feet symbol was on them. Back during the late 80s and early 90s I had a major obsession with LA Gear high tops. And that was before I knew Michael used to advertise for them.

cool,but i feel there taking advantage of the situation. i would buy a pair just for the nostalgia feel about them

more ppl cashing in wahey

Yeah, lets all make cash out of Michael's sad passing, its all sick!

well looky here...another cash-in

Well I think we all knew it was inevitable that people were gonna profit off of his passing in one way or another. Look at all the Lucille Ball, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis, James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, Bruce Lee etc memorabilia that's out there. Should people stop producing their merchandise because they're gone? It's a way of keeping their legacy and the nostalgia that comes with it alive. :)

At least this is a company that supported him while he was still with us. :) Anyway, I'm totally buying these when they come out. My brothers had them (I never got a pair :cry: but at least I had light ups) and I thought they were so badass.

I got the black ones with the buckles.. they are way too big.. but I bought them anyway..

i have the L.A gear tee where michael is on his toes with them sneakers.

Those are fly. I collect Jordans and if these do retro, I would cop 2 pairs!!.

BTW, anyone have a pic of the ones theyre talking about?

I actually won a pair in a Smash Hits competition in 1990 (I think it was!) - I kept 'em for about 4 months, and I was sad enough to wear them to death!!

I sent my entry in on a HUGE postcard, and was surprised to receive a parcel about 6 weeks later!

A snug fit they were too!

I wish Air force ones or puma would do soemthing michael ish. I like their sneakers. High tops, most of the time, are NOT the bizness. lol

BTW, anyone have a pic of the ones theyre talking about?
michael-jackson-la-gear-billie.jpg

621644390_small.jpg

Last edited:
I had la gear mj shoes when i was lil...my aunty brought them for me..hahah the memories!! :lol:

I would so love to buy them. I was 10 years old in 1990 when I had gotten mine. And I can still remember exactly what they had looked it. OMG those shoes were just so great. Out of all the pairs of LA Gear high tops I had back then. The MJ ones were my absolute favorite pair. And I would so love to have another pair of them.

Aww you guys those don't look bad at all. I'ma get and rock them joints if LA releases them. Ladies get just wear a white mini skirt and a black fitted cotton/spandex shirt or some black fitted stretch jeans with the same shirt ^ and accessorize with silver jewelry and you're set.:punk:

I never got to have any. So if they release them I think I will get two pairs.

Back