MJ in memory at 61st Prime Time Emmy Awards

And what is worst is that Michael did NOT have to die. those other celebs were either sick for a long time or up in age, Michael was neither and he was KILLED. I am dreading for the year in review in December.

I watched the Emmys just to see the In Memoriam clips. I liked that they showed a few clips of him young and then from the Bad tour. He got loud applause and whistles :)

I never imagined seeing Michaels face during these kind of tributes. At least not until he was of old age. It's true his face shouldn't be there. Neither should the rest but with them as sad as it is to say but many were ill and dying. It was somewhat expected. With Michael, it was a shock and surprise. It still is.

I love you, Michael.

These things always get me crying but OH MY GOD :cry:
How is Michael on one?? How is it that he's dead? :cry: I feel distraught. I was literally sitting here bawling and squirming at the thought of it all.
It's real moments like this that make it sink in and it's almost too much to take. :(

Ditto.
All those wonderful people who did so much for film and music.
But seeing Michael on that reel - it's too much.
I guess I'm still in shock from it all, I have no words to truly describe how i felt watching that.
:sad: :cry: :boohoo:

Big hugs

xxx

To think last year when I was watching The Emmy's and the In Memoriam segment came up, that I would be seeing Michael as apart of it the following year, I would have thought I was crazy!

I cried last night!

Last edited:
Reality hit me again like a ton of bricks seeing this. feels like I have been punched in the stomach.

I saw it yesterday it was Surreal like it does not belong there but wow alot of celebs past this year. so sad

Goodness that made me cry! I never thought that Mike would be there or any for that matter. :(

Ditto.
All those wonderful people who did so much for film and music.
But seeing Michael on that reel - it's too much.
I guess I'm still in shock from it all, I have no words to truly describe how i felt watching that.
:sad: :cry: :boohoo:

Big hugs

xxx

Thank you so much :( xxxx Hugs to you too xxx
This is just too much! It's so hard to take in.

i get the feeling that whole thing was planned around Michael Jackson, because it's very surprising that the usa would forget Senator Edward Kennedy. unless, i missed his pics, cus i don't remember seeing them in the vid.

I saw that last night. :( They showed little Michael first and it really hit me. Very sad. We lost so many stars this year.

But I don't remember seeing Farrah Fawcett...did they show her?

Wow watching that broke my heart.

I never thought I'd see Michael Jackson in a "In Memoriam" clip like that. It still doesn't seem real...

i get the feeling that whole thing was planned around Michael Jackson, because it's very surprising that the usa would forget Senator Edward Kennedy. unless, i missed his pics, cus i don't remember seeing them in the vid.

hmm i did not see it myself, but i guess if they showed other celebs maybe they missed Kennedy because he's not in the entertainment world, but politics. actually...for i minute i was in awe that they would show Michael at the Emmy's, simply because its a daytime talk show, sitcom, 1 hour drama type award show. then again michael is that huge right? but michael did act in the past himself. so i know he will show up on the future Oscars memorial tribute. then again they probably show singers on there anyway since Oscars go to music artists too.

That song + that reel = :cry::cry:

so sad, never in a zillion years would I have seen this coming. *sigh* I just dont want to spend the rest of my life crying. I know we can't live forever but its just the way he went and the timing that's really killing me. :cry:

That song + that reel = :cry::cry:

so sad, never in a zillion years would I have seen this coming. *sigh* I just dont want to spend the rest of my life crying. I know we can't live forever but its just the way he went and the timing that's really killing me. :cry:

"I will remember you" always gets me. I really wasn't ready for that as well.

I purposely didnt watch the Emmy's las night. Dont know why really. :huh:

I had to brace myself. Seeing that hurt so bad. So painful.

Thank you MJfan4ever for posting the YT link.

Sen Kennedy wasn't the only one they missed, but i think your right he was in polictics... Farrah was after Patrick Swazye..

.for i minute i was in awe that they would show Michael at the Emmy's, simply because its a daytime talk show, sitcom, 1 hour drama type award show. then again michael is that huge right?.

Michael's made television history many many times - so it's only fitting they honor him.

From his electrifying performances from childhood to adulthood, mesmerizing interviews, to writing & performing in the most memorable Simpsons episodes (Doing the Bartman & Happy Birthday Lisa), to his historic award show magic - MJ is timeless & worthy of TV accolades.

Back