MJ has made You Rock My world in 1993 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. Just cause the vocals fit. listen to it without the vocals and compare it a YRMW instrumental, they sound nothing like each other. By the way, it's a totally chord sequence in the bridge. All parts are differen't and the bassline is in now way like you rock my world. Differen't rhythm, based around differen't chords. Im afraid just cause the vocals fit doesn't make them similar. See the SIM one has the same chords and is genuine. This is a totally differen't groove that the YRMW vocals happen to fit over.

LOL. Just cause the vocals fit. listen to it without the vocals and compare it a YRMW instrumental, they sound nothing like each other. By the way, it's a totally chord sequence in the bridge. All parts are differen't and the bassline is in now way like you rock my world. Differen't rhythm, based around differen't chords. Im afraid just cause the vocals fit doesn't make them similar. See the SIM one has the same chords and is genuine. This is a totally differen't groove that the YRMW vocals happen to fit over.

I agree in some parts (chords)

But the rythm is the same ! I never talk about the instrumental ! it's about the arrangement ! you know the difference i think !?

My point is also that it could be a "first work" ...

Of course it has changed to become "you rock my world" especially if the Jerkins Team worked on it after......

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly. That's not to say that MJ himself hadn't worked on the main melody and structure of YRMW, as he often came back to dust off old projects that had been temporarily shelved. But I don't think this is any proof of that.

The Sonic track does have a bit of a MJ vibe, but to me it has more of a Baby Be Mine (which, of course, was written by Rod Temperton) feeling than a YRMW feeling.

But the rythm is the same ! I never talk about the instrumental ! it's about the arrangement ! you know the difference i think !?

Of course it has changed to become "you rock my world" especially if the Jerkins Team worked on it after......

You mean it has 4 beats in a bar and there is a bass on beats 1 and 3 and a snare drum on beats 2 and 4 like practically every pop song in existance. The rhythm is totally differen't. The form is standard form for a pop song that nearly all songs follow. Other than that there are no similarities.

All Mj songs, or most follow a similar form. My best guess is that it was just a random instrumental Piece MJ could have been involved with making like he was with some others for the Sonic 3 music. But i don't think it's anything to do with you rock my world.

A friend who is musician just listened to it...

It told me that the rythm is the same. The bridge is very close also. The Chords are different. He said the exact same thing as i said.

He said the "temps forts" are the same...I don't know how to translate.

A friend who is musician just listened to it...

It told me that the rythm is the same. The bridge is very close also. The Chords are different. He said the exact same thing as i said.

He said the "temps forts" are the same...I don't know how to translate.

I dunno what you rock my world you have been listening to, but it ain't the one i have.

I think MJ had some chords fo YRMW some yeas ago in the 90s. I heard some songs fom the bad album where wrote in the early 80s.

I could well be that this is the chords from YRMW which MJ came up some years before.

Nothing Michael made with Brad ended up in Sonic 3 - Brad Buxer did not confirm SIM appeared in Sonic 3 either. Just that they used the original composition they were going to do for Sonic 3 as the basis for SIM, but it never ended up in the final game. And Brad's 'reason' for MJ's music not appearing in Sonic 3 is hilarious - clearly forgot about Moonwalker. Years later, Sega did confirm in a game collection that MJ was to compose music, but that was cancelled.

There were several composers for Sonic 3 who admitted that MJ was one of their inspirations and they modelled some of the music after some of MJ's music.

What MJ did with Brad aside from SIM during the really early days of Sonic 3 has not been heard. If MJ was working on Sonic 3, he'd have had a contract like he did with Moonwalker - none existed according to several big wigs from Sega. MJ did, however, have a contract at this time with Sega Arcade - a separate company to Sega Gensis/Megadrive.

YRMW doesn't appear in Sonic 3.

The thing is Git that in Moonwalker people already knew the songs on that game, they weren't new compositions so people could tell from the beats what the song would be. With Sonic 3 we are talking about brand new compositions and this is their only form of representation is on this Sega Genesis console. He did talk with the Sega sound team and tour frequently around that time and he did create tracks for the majority of the game, one employee claims to have recorded answering machine tapes of MJ humming the tunes. Most likely what happened was he showed this stuff to the Sega composers and some other music he was working on, and when it came time to make the soundtrack they were very, very, very, heavily inspired by the stuff he was working on or whatever compositions he had given him. Also, You Rock My World is definitely not in Sonic 3.

The game is Sonic's Genesis Collection on PS3 which says "Michael Jackson was originally hired to compose Sonic 3's soundtrack" when loading the game as a trivia thing. So what we have here is not the direct work of MJ but although they didnt sign him on for whatever reasons, whether it be his dissatisfaction with sound quality, the allegations, or monetary reasons, it is apparent that bits of his compositions did get out there through the Sega Audio team who heard this stuff from him. They probably just remixed certain tunes or added different things so they wouldnt get sued for any potential copyright.

Back