MJ has made You Rock My world in 1993 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't understand your point (my english is bad sorry)

let others say what they think...

Why are you talking about infringement charges ???? or copyright problems
Who writes songs doesn't matter, but the person who owns the copyrights or publishing is in charge of the music. John Fogerty was sued because a song he released in the 80's 'The Old Man Down The Road' was said to sound like a Creedence Clearwater Revival song from the 1960's. John wrote the CCR song, but he didn't own the copyright because of the typical rip off contracts of the time. So John was accused of plagiarizing his own song. Many songwriters that were record label staff writers don't own their songs either because they were "songwriters for hire". So the songs belong to the label and not the songwriter.

ok but who care ?

the question is :

do you see the similarities between these tracks ?

Who writes songs doesn't matter, but the person who owns the copyrights or publishing is in charge of the music. John Fogerty was sued because a song he released in the 80's 'The Old Man Down The Road' was said to sound like a Creedence Clearwater Revival song from the 1960's. John wrote the CCR song, but he didn't own the copyright because of the typical rip off contracts of the time. So John was accused of plagiarizing his own song. Many songwriters that were record label staff writers don't own their songs either because they were "songwriters for hire". So the songs belong to the label and not the songwriter.

but what about the publisher?

loka vbmenu_register("postmenu_2787641", true);
member.gif

reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif
Re: MJ has made You Rock My world in 1993 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i don't understand your point (my english is bad sorry)

let others say what they think...

ok. but people say i'm not objective about Michael. all i can say is, if that sonic crap under MJ's voice, was what was on Invincible...i would never never never have bought the album. it would have ruined the whole thing for me. people will have arguments..but i'm glad MJ's talent had a way of following him around.

cus i bought inviniclble for everything that is NOW on there. but i would NOT have bought it, if that sonic thing was on there.

but what about the publisher?

ok. but people say i'm not objective about Michael. all i can say is, if that sonic crap under MJ's voice, was what was on Invincible...i would never never never have bought the album. it would have ruined the whole thing for me. people will have arguments..but i'm glad MJ's talent had a way of following him around.

cus i bought inviniclble for everything that is NOW on there. but i would NOT have bought it, if that sonic thing was on there.

Just because MJ used the same arrangements before on Sonic, you would have disliked YRMW ?

That's why you don't want to see the similarities ?

lol

Just because MJ used the same arrangements before on Sonic, you would have disliked YRMW ?

That's why you don't want to see the similarities ?

lol

he did not do that. you have no proof. people can write any kind of article they want.

i'm not trying to see anything. it is what it is. what is on invincible right now, is on there, for a reason. if MJ liked that sonic thing, it would have been on the invincible album, right now.

i wouldn't have bought that sonic, because it's not yrmw. it's not the arrangement, and i don't like it.

this is why i'm afraid of whatever sony is going to do. because people have come on here and put MJ's voice over a lot of things, and claim it's MJ's own MJ-approved work. but in the end, his albums of record are the great stuff that he wrote/oversaw.

Last edited:
I must be tone deaf, because that video game music sounds nothing like You Rock My World. Now if you said Another One Bites The Dust by Queen sounds like Chic's Good Times or MJ's A Place With No Name sounds like A Horse With No Name by America, that's another story. :tease:

^^8 Track....classic! Just saw your avy soz!:punk:

The title of video says that is a YRMW remix

The track of Sonic is more slowly than the music on video of the Sonic track with YRMY. And YRMW on the second video is more quick than the original music of album.

I think It's remix of the track with the vocals of YRMW

The title of video says that is a YRMW remix

The track of Sonic is more slowly than the music on video of the Sonic track with YRMY. And YRMW on the second video is more quick than the original music of album.

I think It's remix of the track with the vocals of YRMW

the bass line is similar to "you rock my world you know you did..."

the bridge is the same !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C6a4FzRISQ

I don't hear it... but I LOVED the remix :lol:

There is no resemblance whatsoever. The bridge in your rock my world is a typical MJ bridge, similar to remember the time. And practically all MJ bridges are minor and resolve on a major chord, it's his sound and style. But it's nothing like you rock my world other than it's got an MJ sound.

we are several here in France to believe the contrary...the arrangements are the same and the bridge is the same too...Not a coincidence ! the notes of the bass line of this Sonic track are close and similar to "you rock my world you know you did..."

can't you hear that ?

No Not at all ha ha, sorry. Im a grade 8 musician who has extensively studied the works of many musicians including MJ and i cannot hear it. But if you can then good for you :) I just can't hear it.

mine friend, a musician too can hear it easily !

Sound alike? Nope

^^^^If no one else can hear a resemblance, you can't make them hear it. It's only you that thinks it sounds similar.

the member named "upside" here has noticed it !

In France several fans agree with me too and with the man who put this video on youtube

Well many different people have had a listen and it seems you are on you're own here. Nobody thinks it sounds anything like YRMW. Im not sure why you're so insistent that it is when it clearly isnt.

the bridge is exactly the same ! exactly !

and you're wrong !

somebdy else here agree !

Give an other try and you will see it clearly !

That means nothing. Some people think Jimi Hendrix is saying "kiss this guy" on Purple Haze, when he really says "kiss the sky".

give an other try and be carefull with the bridge...thanks.

You can't honestly say this is not similar...

this is the sonic Track with YRMW vocals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-8vIp3sz-U

Well it could have been a base for yrmw in an early stage, just listening to it.. i just had trouble acknowledging it`s mj, cause i have the actual 1994 game cart in my closet...

But the key of notes is totally different, so unless it was on purpose it would say it`s just a long shot :)

the other ones like SIM and WII i can see.

this one...no way.

Well it could have been a base for yrmw in an early stage, just listening to it..

exactly...I'm only talking about early stages and basic arrangements !

thanks !

and yes, the key notes are different !

that's why others don't see what we mean !

I can't believe that only 2 others fans here see the similarities...it's so obvious !

Na, Michael Jackson does recycle the same song structure now and again, which is what you are probably hearing.

This is just too much of a stretch for the imagination :p

That youtube link you keep posting is more like a mash-up. Just like the Superstition vs Bootlicious mash-up. You can put the acapella over another instrumental and it may fit, but that doesnt mean there is any connection.

That youtube link you keep posting is more like a mash-up. Just like the Superstition vs Bootlicious mash-up. You can put the acapella over another instrumental and it may fit, but that doesnt mean there is any connection.

the fact is that we already know that MJ gave some of his Music to Sonic (stranger in moscow before its official release, who is it, jam)...

it's not like it was pure coincidence between 2 tracks of 2 different artists that DJ would mash-up !

How do you explain that the bridge is the same too ?!

there's too much coincidence !!!

Last edited:
What's your point loka?

It's pretty clear that YRMW was not a song he wrote ''as a whole'' just for INVINCIBLE. It has the beat and the vibe of other songs (specially REMEMBER THE TIME). So, ok, he may have worked o pre-worked the song way before Invincible. But I don't get your point, would you want us to say THANKS FOR THE DISCOVERY or what?

Personally, I don't think the SONIC theme resembles that much to YRMW...it sounds like another song but I can't seem to remember which. Definitely not YRMW. I don't know...I see some BAD ERA on that sonic track.

What's your point loka?
So, ok, he may have worked o pre-worked the song way before Invincible.

That's what I meant !

What I wanted with this Topic ?

Well, this forum is named "groove theory"...I thought it was interesting and that somes fans would like to know...

Back