Michael's Will (Merged)

Sdeidjs

Proud Member
Jackson Had A Will, Family Says

Singer's Lawyers Search For Additional Documents

RYAN NAKASHIMA, AP Business Writer

POSTED: 8:12 pm EDT June 29, 2009
UPDATED: 5:20 pm EDT June 30, 2009

LOS ANGELES -- A lawyer for the family of Michael Jackson said Tuesday that a will had surfaced and would soon be presented in court, as a funeral service began to take shape at the pop star's Neverland Ranch.

Attorney L. Londell McMillan said his clients are now aware of the will, and the late singer's advisers are looking for additional documents.

The existence of a will, and the likely appointment of an executor, could complicate a petition by Jackson's mother Katherine to become the administrator of his estate.

In documents filed in Superior Court, Jackson's parents say they believes their 50-year-old son died without a valid will.

Meanwhile, Santa Barbara County officials were in a meeting about Michael Jackson plans, and E! Online reports they are discussing a possible memorial service at his Neverland Ranch.

Lt. Butch Arnoldi, a Sheriff's Department spokesman, told E!: "Our guys are meeting as we speak with the California Highway Patrol to discuss the security issues."

Santa Barbara County Fire spokesman Capt. David Sadecki confirmed to The Associated Press that fire officials, California Highway Patrol and county sheriffs officials were meeting Tuesday morning to discuss "the whole Michael Jackson thing."

"The Santa Barbara County Fire Department is willing to accommodate the Jackson family with whatever request they have regarding a funeral procession should they have one," Sadecki said.

Sadecki said he had not yet talked representatives in the ongoing meeting but expected an update later in the afternoon.

Neverland is located in the rolling hills of central California's wine country, about 150 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

Rick Quintero, a spokesman for the California Highway Patrol, said the CHP had not received a request for a motorcade as of Tuesday morning. He said if the motorcade crosses through CHP jurisdiction, as it likely would from Los Angeles to Neverland, they would need to be notified.

"They would definitely need to notify us because it's going to impact the motoring public. At the point they decide it is going to happen we have to be involved because it's going to impact our jurisdiction," Quintero said.

In an open letter to the Santa Barbara community, Thomas J. Barrack Jr., who set up a joint venture with Jackson that took ownership of the 2,500-acre property, warned residents that the world will quickly descend on Santa Barbara and Neverland as fans grieve.

"We must also prepare to accommodate Michael's family's wishes as they contemplate the location of his final resting place and their own return to the tranquil grounds of the Michael Jackson family compound."

The California Highway Patrol has internal meetings under way to plan for a Jackson caravan that could bring Southern California's congested highways to a standstill. Sgt. Mark Garrett said the agency had not been notified of the family's plans, but was preparing nonetheless.

"It's just like when the president comes to town," Garrett said. "We want to ensure people are not putting themselves in danger." At once a symbol of Jackson's success and excesses, Neverland became the site of a makeshift memorial after his death Thursday.

Scores of fans have streamed past the gated entrance to leave handwritten notes, photographs, balloons and flowers.

--- Associated Press writers Michael R. Blood, Noaki Schwartz and Thomas Watkins contributed to this report.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Some of the mute context in the article have been removed by Susie

Re: Mr.Jackson HAD a WILL

yep he had a will and his family didn't know............that's the way to do it Michael

good im hoping the rumours are true and that his children and katherine gets everything and joe gets nothing

Joe, better not try to get his hands on he money. If he gets it, the children won't see a cent. The guy is a creep.

BBC reports as of 2007 to have had a net worth of £143m, with assets of £345million. I don't know if this is fact or not because their are so many lies around at present that are being reported as fact. But I would have thought Michael's asstests are worth more than £345 million considering he owns the masters and publishing rights to his own albums, plus MiJac Music which own songs by other major artists.

Why do the media have to stire things. I prefer to wait and hear Michael's lawyers state how much Michael's personal net worth is, and how much his assets are worth.

And it was written before that trial mess started so i wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to be buried at his beloved Neverland under his little giving tree where he used to sit and think and write beautiful music.

BBC reports as of 2007 to have had a net worth of £143m, with assets of £345million. I don't know if this is fact or not because their are so many lies around at present that are being reported as fact. But I would have thought Michael's asstests are worth more than £345 million considering he owns the masters and publishing rights to his own albums, plus MiJac Music which own songs by other major artists.

Why do the media have to stire things. I prefer to wait and hear Michael's lawyers state how much Michael's personal net worth is, and how much his assets are worth.

I know, isn't the sony catalog worth billions? what about his ownership of disney land in cali
and paris, architectural stuff, and God knows what real estate assets.

Those estimates are BS. They try to minimize him in every way.

I am sure it will be disputed like everything else. I am also certain it will take months, if not years to sort through all his assets and accounts. He has a mega-corporation, and that stuff takes time to look through. In the end, I hope his wishes are followed.

Glad there is a Will.....

With that said, I sincerely hope calm heads prevail and that no infighting occurs 'cause somehow I see a firestorm coming in regards to MJ's money

thats totally false sony/atv half is worth at least 1 bill and mijac is quoted around the 100 mill mark they dont say where the docs come from.prob some crap from a lawsuit with ppl making claims

Unless there is a VALID reason for not following Michael's will, everything should go the way he wanted it.
If anyone gives two sh*ts, ET is going to tell "whats in the will" on their show tonight.

Unless there is a VALID reason for not following Michael's will, everything should go the way he wanted it.
If anyone gives two sh*ts, ET is going to tell "whats in the will" on their show tonight.

Creditors are funny creatures. If they know there are deep pockets somewhere, they will go to the ends of the earth to send somebody to ruin. It is my hope they have a good forensic accountant and a savvy lawyer to deal with the carpetbaggers.

Creditors are funny creatures. If they know there are deep pockets somewhere, they will go to the ends of the earth to send somebody to ruin. It is my hope they have a good forensic accountant and a savvy lawyer to deal with the carpetbaggers.

Once a person is deceased, the surviving relatives ARE not responsible for there debt.....I hope they know that....The Jackson's current lawyer I think is savvy enough to to handle the carpetbaggers....

Once a person is deceased, the surviving relatives ARE not responsible for there debt.....I hope they know that....The Jackson's current lawyer I think is savvy enough to to handle the carpetbaggers....

I hope so, and whatever the case may be, his finances are not my business anyway. All I worry about are the kids.

Re: --- Exclusive ----- Michaels WILL ----

I saw Diana Ross would be the next guardian seeing as Katherine is 80 it may be likely that the kids end up in Diana Ross's care. Its odd he didnt put Janet as the secondary guardian after Diana Ross.

Diana Ross was a great friend FROM THE BEGINNING. Lots of love between them.

One question.
Exactly what power is given to John Branca and John McClain as co-executors? Can they sell and do whatever they like with Michaels assets?

John Branca was fired and then re-hired three weeks ago?

I cant read it like that .Thanks for sharing though.

Executors carry out the WISHES of the will.

They make sure the will is carried out.

They have no sway over the assets themselves

But make sure the assets go to the identified parties

:lol: I kinda laughed out loud about that Diana Ross thingy, but its does make sense.

and about the will, I KNEW IT!!!

I was watching CNN and Don Lemon was talking about it. And i guess i understand that in the will lawyers have says of what goings on of Mike money and assests???

Am I the only one who's completely confused by it? So the children go to Katherine, does that mean she also has control of his money and assets?? I don't get it..

Back