From each album i'd say

Off The Wall - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
Thriller - Billie Jean
Bad - Smooth Criminal
Dangerous - Black Or White
HIStory - Earth Song
Blood On The Dance Floor - Blood On The Dance Floor
Invincible - You Rock My World

ask someone to copy MJ what do they do?? what will they start 'beat boxing'...

I bet 9-10 times they will grab the crotch, point, do a little kick, say 'aow', and be copying BILLIE JEANS baseline..

ask random people and see..

i actually reckon majority of people would immitate the thriller routine.

i think billie jean and thriller are equally big hits. thriller was about the video.. so? the video is for the SONG.

billie jean, black or white, we are the world, don't stop til you get enough, man in the mirror

Yep, I go with Billie Jean.
Though Michael has many many other huge hits aswell.

Billie Jean - because it's his most well known song. When you say Michael Jackson to a person (who is not a fan) he or she definitely would say Billie Jean IMO.

Almost always Michael Jackson = Billie Jean. I was surprised when my mate said that he prefer Smooth Criminal rather than Billie Jean.

Billie Jean is the hit without a doubt but how often could u listen to it? Lol. Michael has many hits but Billie Jean is one of the most known.

IMHO, "Billie Jean" is what made Michael Jackson Michael Jackson. "Beat It", "Thriller", "Bad", "Smooth Criminal" and "Black or White" just expedite (grew) his impact.

you know what is odd i showed my media teacher my thriller album because we had to bring our favourite cd covers in (i took thriller and dangerous) and she looked at the songs on the back, and out of all of them on there she said

"Oh wow i love the girl is mine"!
:lmao:

I think thriller 'cos when the video came out the impact on the audience was really huge, if you think that the video was aired every evening on the pubblic tv, as here in Italy, and everybody young and old was wathching it. Thriller was a terrific success and because of that Michael was the first black-american singer to have a video aired on MTV. So...thriller, but off course evrybody knows Billie Jean's lyrics or the melody.

Last edited:
Hmmm... for me it's either Billie Jean or Black or White. Both singles sold a lot and remained at #1 for weeks.

um, you have to say thriller here. i mean sure, billie jean was released first and is an amazing song, but it was another dance record in a rather crowded 80's dance scene. EVERYONE knows thriller. when non-mj fans think of michael jackson, thriller comes to mind first, that video was what catapulted him to superstardom. billie jean is of course the better record, but thriller is bigger than just the song i'd say.:yes:

I'd say thriller or beat it because I have a lot of friends who have never heard of billie jean.....for people who are older and remember the stuff when it happened i bet it would be billie jean though....

I think Michael has alot of songs that everyone knows. That's what makes him different to Madonna and Prince.

Songs such as Billie Jean, Thrillr, Beat It, Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, Smooth Criminal, Bad, Black Or White. Some songs from the J5 and the Jacksons, ABC, Blame It On The Boogie, I Want You Back, I'll Be There. Ok, so not EVERYBODY will know ALL of them, but most people do. :)

Back