Michael's 66th birthday - 29.08.2024

this poem is a what is inside our hearts. we're not expecting everyone to love what we put into words

love for MJ is all that matters :)

From the hearts of

#applehead24 & mariah :)

August 29, 1958 7:33 PM

wherever you are in heaven

Michael

———

I never could say goodbye.

to the man,

who’s heart held the hands of those who were devalued and ignored

who’s contagious laugh goofily lit up any room

who’s presence projected an aura of selflessness and humility

who made his soul vulnerable to us only to have it tortured

a man who made the most out of his blessings

-----------

you were human Michael

A imperfect perfectionist

A man of artless charades and schemes

A dynamic, versatile, artistic revolutionary

A intuitive, modest man, in touch with his feelings

A naturally hot and sexy man, who sprouts butterflies in our hearts with his alibis

A man of who generated surrealism and escapism

A man with broken pieces

A man who loved himself to the point of self torture

**A man who hated the man he was in his mirror**

A man thirsty for love

A man who’s innocence and naivety was taken advantage of

A man who was the token minority

A man who because of his silver spoon had enough luck to be an exception for his color

A man sabotaged by those who “owned” him

A man who was a slave to the rhythm, a money making machine

A man who was the fame and fortune of avaricious pockets

A man who signed checks for charity and donations but who was a target of the tabloids

A man who capitalized on love but was the capital of materialistic hands

A man who experienced a decade long hate crime, dejected as if you were an animal

A man who with a knife in his back slaved away to entertain us,

A man who was riddled by bullets of harassment

A man who's crown was renounced

A man who was subjected to a public lynching

A man with a name but no home

----------

MICHAEL

a name that means

who is like God

there is none like God

------------

now lies and rumors are etched into your name.

your name is now spelled

G-U-I-L-T-Y

P-R-E-D-A-T-O-R

P-E-R-V-E-R-T

your name is a slur

----------

some say you lived for the

fan girls,

and

their shrines,

love letters

and

hunger for your body.

For

the exhilaration

of being a

universal icon

For

idols of fame

and

fortune

For

the love of sound

and

self artistry

for the good of humanity

---------------

wHaT dID YoU liVE fOR Michael

who does a

selfless,

modest,

reserved,

moral,

loving,

giving

soul live for

-------------

Michael there was no perfection in your bones,

no natural godliness in your soul.

you were a man with an inherited condition

- a sin nature -

of eternal and infinite separation from

Jesus Christ

HE-HAS-ALL-YOU-NEEDED

reconciliation, intimacy, communion & CHESED love

a Father & Friend

a Lover Of Your Soul

a Advocate & Sustainer

-----------

I pray Jesus Christ touched your

heart and at this moment you are holding his hand in heaven

MANIFESTING ALL THAT JESUS CREATED YOU TO BE

PERFECTLY LOVED & CHERISHED

THREATENING, INVINCIBLE & A HEARTBREAKER

to the YOU you ONCE were

-----------

i LoVE yOU MiChAEL

my girlish heart and giggles love you too :)

i wish i could say HAPPY BIRTHDAY

BUT

this singular, inimitable, irreplicable morning

isn’t the first day of your existence

this finite morning on my side of eternity

is an never-ending dawn on your ETERNAL life

-------

tears are watering in my eyes

---------

I never could say goodbye to Michael Jackson

but

I can never say goodbye to you

Michael

i wanted you to tell the angels no, but if they are holding you now then i can let go

much love,

#applehead24 & mariah :)

**we're are not saying that he was ashamed of his heritage or who he was and his identity. we're dramatically saying that he, like all of us at points in our lives, struggled with loving and valuing himself**
AMEN, through Christ alone our hope is found, I pray I see Michael there. Such a beautiful poem, made me cry, ur 100% right when u say slurs like pedofile, kiddy diddler, and predator are permanently stuck to his name, I would know because I us to believe it 😞😞😞. My family believes, my friends belI ever it, I’m the only one who doesn’t believe it, so tragic but we everode here knows the truth and I’m thankful for that. U have such a beautiful way of writing, ur truly gifted. We miss u MJ

Brad Sundberg
inthestudiowithmj

images

August 29
I don't know about you, but I sometimes look back at little forks in the road. Moments where I could have made a left turn or a right turn, figuratively speaking.
A few decades ago I could have stayed working with UPS and become a delivery driver, and I would probably be looking ahead at healthy retirement and back at several knee surgeries. (No disrespect to UPS drivers - you guys work your tails off.)
Instead, I made a move to Hollywood to pursue a career in the music industry as a young engineer. A couple more forks in the road lead to which studios I wanted to work at and how to get a foot in the door, and purely by God's providence I wound up connecting with Michael Jackson.
I loved some of his music, but I certainly wouldn't have called myself a fan - I was there to do a job. And for reasons I can't fully explain, he trusted me and we became friends.
Despite coming from completely different backgrounds, we could talk and joke about anything:
Music.
Disney.
State Fairs.
Food.
Family.
Clothing.
Pranks.
Toys.
Despite how he was sometimes portrayed in the media, he was very conversational and talkative. One of my daughters refers to herself as a yapper, and odd as it may sound, Michael could sometimes be a bit of a yapper too.
He loved to tell stories and he loved to hear stories. Thankfully this was all before the dawn of cell phones and social media, so conversation was paramount when you were going to spend a lot of time with someone.
During the production of Captain EO I told him that my wife Debbie and I were annual pass holders at Disneyland, and we would find ourselves there on most Sunday nights enjoying a few rides, dinner and a walk in the park. Michael loved that, and in some ways I think he was envious of the casual freedom we had to just enjoy Disney without the need for disguises, private guides, or hoopla.
Remember when you were in school and you would meet up with your friends on Monday morning and talk about what you did the previous weekend? There might be silly jokes or harmless insults, but it was just a really fun level of camaraderie. That's a bit how it was with Michael.
Maybe to a lot of people silly faces, tossing candy at each other, and talking about Disney rides may not seem very grown up, but I never really was cut out for a dress shirt and a tie discussing insurance and stocks.
As time went on, Michael asked me to be involved in more and more projects. I don't necessarily think I bring an unmatched level of skill to the table, but he trusted me, and i think he enjoyed my company.
I found myself working on album projects like Bad, Dangerous, and HIStory. It's funny how those three words encompass nearly a decade of my life, lol.
Working side by side with Michael's primary engineer Bruce Swedien, I worked on Moonwalker, dance mixes, video mixes, and on and on.
In 1987 he purchased his magnificent ranch, which would eventually be known as Neverland. He pulled me aside in the studio and asked me if I would be willing to help build some music systems at the ranch.
"Like where?" I asked.
"Well, I'm going to buy a train and I want music on the train. Can you do that for me?" Michael asked.
(This was one of those aforementioned fork in the road moments.)
"Sure, I'm sure we can figure out how to put music on a train." I responded.
And this is how it went with him. Month after month, year after year, he would call me and ask if I would help him on another project.
I got to stand on the stage and watch him perform in Madison Square Garden during the Bad Tour.
I got to stand on stage and watch my oldest daughter Amanda perform Heal The World with him on stage in Paris during the HIStory Tour.
But it wasn't about those once in a lifetime moments or monstrous video shoots. It was much more personal than that.
He was good to me and he was good to my family. He really was a very unique and genuine friend.
You don't get a lot of those in life, those friends that you can just laugh with or exchange information back and forth with just a glance or two. Getting a glance from Michael and making eye contact and understanding what he is conveying to me was priceless.
A 20-year friendship is something to be proud of. Maybe celebrate is a better word? Or cherish?
I think of Michael often. Very often if I'm being honest. Yes of course I miss the albums and the live performances and helping him build Neverland, but more than that I miss my phone ringing at 2:00 in the morning and my wife answering it and waking me up and telling me, "It's Michael..."
"Hi Brad, I didn't wake you did I?"
"No Michael, you didn't wake me, what's up?"
Happy Birthday Applehead
www.inthestudiowithmj.com
Wait did u know him?

Michael Jackson means so much to me, I had depression really bad in middle school, there was a lot of things that were going on in my family and in my life, and I didn’t know anything about anything even myself. I started listening to music a lot, but when I started listening to Michael Jackson i was shook. I always knew who he was but I believed all the stuff that was said about him, but when I became a fan I started researching him and my eyes were open. He means soooooo much to me and helped me a lot getting out of depression. Now I’m trying to learn how to dance like him, he’s so cool. Mike I love u my brother

Happy Birthday Michael! You have impacted so many lives- especially after your passing. You continue to inspire countless people across the globe, and you have no idea how much everyone misses you. I dont want to make a long paragraph (it will go on for years if i keep typing haha), but you are the greatest person to ever walk on this planet, and everyday i strive to be as good of a person as you. Your legacy will be remembered forever. We all love and miss you ❤️

Happy Birthday, Michael. :love: The day may not have been perfect but I made the most of it. While the stuff at MJ One was not great, the show itself proved you're still very much loved, and to me, that's all that matters.

@DrJoeVogel

"Happy birthday to an artist who inspired millions, influenced the entire contemporary pop landscape, but remains 1/1."

GWLs1mdakAAUgF_

@TheRevAl

"Happy Heavenly Birthday to the King of Pop, the late #MichaelJackson. I knew Michael for decades—he was an extraordinary artist and an unmatched performer. I was honored to deliver the eulogy at his funeral. His music continues to resonate worldwide. May he forever rest in peace and power."

GWLvUc4W4AA5v8e

Back