Michael Jackson's 'Michael' Could Sell 400,000 in First Week

Even the people who are claiming they aren't going to buy it, are gonna buy it. LOL! It's easy to say something, but hard to follow through. Many things said on the net are hollow. Who can hold you to your word? No one. I ain't sweatin' all this ish. The album will do very well because it is Michael Jackson and he deserves it (not to mention his name is hotter than ever).

All we can do is what and see but I'm not worried.

you'll be surprised who can keep their word. it's kind of belittling to underestimate how other people feel.

and people who keep saying that not buying this album will destroy his legacy, sound like people who have been saying similar stuff for more than 20 years. the general public is not more powerful than hardcore fans. i don't know where people get that. if you were right about the general public having more power, he would not have sold out the 02 arena. and he wasn't dead, at that point. and people who don't buy this album can't be lumped in with adversaries, because we keep buying Off the Wall, thru Invincible and This Is It. and even the adversaries buy those albums. still.

also, people who keep saying that not buying new material will destroy an artist's legacy, have not been looking at artists' history, throughout the years. you don't have to buy brand new releases to preserve a legacy.

Last edited:
People who think that this album flopping will have no impact on his legacy can continue to delude themselves. As many people have stated, it will just give the media ammunition to say "nobody cares anymore," and there's nothing left to erase that sentiment at this point. But all the boycotting people can let themselves believe they're "helping" Michael (even though we all know that Michael cared quite a bit about records and chart positions).

400k is possible, but we'll see.

Michael has always wanted all of his albums to be like Tchaikovsky's "Nutcracker Suite".

you'll be surprised who can keep their word. it's kind of belittling to underestimate how other people feel.

and people who keep saying that not buying this album will destroy his legacy, sound like people who have been saying similar stuff for more than 20 years. the general public is not more powerful than hardcore fans. i don't know where people get that. if you were right about the general public having more power, he would not have sold out the 02 arena. and he wasn't dead, at that point. and people who don't buy this album can't be lumped in with adversaries, because we keep buying Off the Wall, thru Invincible and This Is It. and even the adversaries buy those albums. still.

also, people who keep saying that not buying new material will destroy an artist's legacy, have not been looking at artists' history, throughout the years. you don't have to buy brand new releases to preserve a legacy.

You don't seem to understand what I'm talking about. I'm talking about this instance only. Those who say that they aren't buying this album will not have an adverse effect on sales.

I know that MJ's legacy is untouchable. Decades of lies, manipulation, and allegations couldn't destroy his legacy, so why should anyone think the boy-cotters can? They can't. They are the minority and Michael Jackson's legacy is unbreakable. Y'all should know that by now.

I'm not lumping anyone in to a group or belittling feelings. I'm just telling it as I see it. And as I see it, I just find it very arrogant to assume that the few who are gonna "boycott" this album can outweigh the positive mainstream buying public who are chomping at the bit to buy "Michael". I can guarantee you that the people who WILL buy the album far outweigh the boy-cotters.

Actually, I still say the boycotters don't actually exist outside of theory (99.9%). It's mostly idle threatz made over the internet. Like I said, whose gonna hold them to their word? Truth is, when the album comes out, MJ's fans will buy it for the most part. Sure, there will be a negative nancy or two who don't, but as I said before, they aren't gonna be hurtin' nobody.

Back