Michael Jackson's death 'second biggest story of century'

OK I heard he wrote a letter to the family and gave a interview

Yes, and that's less than what previous presidents have done under similar circumstances. I'll agree to disagree with people who think Obama's handling of Michael's passing was adequate.

Obama means nothing to Brazil, for example.
Thanks for that, spokesperson for the entirety of Brazil.

Can we please stop with the Obama bashing? It's pointless.

The election of Obama was a huge event and a lot was written about it all over the world. That's a fact. That doesn't mean it was 'more important' or 'bigger' - how would you even define that? You're comparing apples and oranges. We're talking about totally different events that are written about in totally different ways.

i don't give a f*ck about election of Obama as I'm not from USA. And I think the rest of the world too. But the whole world is grieving about Michael

i agree and i'm from the u.s.a.

who others than crazy mj fans cares about this?
A president has fare more impac on the world than a pop star. sure MJ can inspiere pople thru his music and give out massages.
But a president....you know, can start and end wars....control the tax and so on. do I need to say more?

michael was more than a pop star.

The biggest story in the world this century is, by far, 9/11 and the subsequent wars, particularly Iraq. Then there's MJ, Obama, the economy, and now possibly Iran. There's also a lot more than should probably be reported that isn't.

but than again....most people dont care about mj....even if there is 300 people in my city (oslo) that got together to celebrate Mj and his music. but in the city there is 1 million people living here.

Honestly, I can't get excited about this.......

I still am in the mode of WHY WHY WHY did this all happen?

Mike's big.

Obama's big.

End of story.

don't let someone's subjective opinion p*ss you guys off. It's all good in the neighborhood...we're all entitled to think as we like. Arguing isnt gunna make Mike any less great or Obama's election any less significant.

Just my thoughts :)

Mike's big.

Obama's big.

End of story.

don't let someone's subjective opinion p*ss you guys off. It's all good in the neighborhood...we're all entitled to think as we like. Arguing isnt gunna make Mike any less great or Obama's election any less significant.

Just my thoughts :)
yep your right

i don't give a f*ck about election of Obama as I'm not from USA. And I think the rest of the world too. But the whole world is grieving about Michael

high five. exactly.

the world is at loss with this. and as for Obama...USA is not the world damn it... :no:

but than again....most people dont care about mj....even if there is 300 people in my city (oslo) that got together to celebrate Mj and his music. but in the city there is 1 million people living here.

but there are HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE who care about him ALL AROUND THE WORLD!

call me insane, but I think that Michael should be proclaimed a saint. No human being as him has or will ever hit the planet again! :(

Pretty sure 9/11 was bigger than this.

*I guess I should note that it did say internet, which I guess makes sense, as there's way more internet and computer access than there was in 2001.

Pretty sure 9/11 was bigger than this.

*I guess I should note that it did say internet, which I guess makes sense, as there's way more internet and computer access than there was in 2001.

sorry but that's ridiculous. if we are talking about the things happened in the WORLD, then why is 9/11 so important for the world?

no disrespect towards the victims of 9/11 , but we are talking more on the general level, not just USA,right?

sorry but that's ridiculous. if we are talking about the things happened in the WORLD, then why is 9/11 so important for the world?

no disrespect towards the victims of 9/11 , but we are talking more on the general level, not just USA,right?

The article is strictly looking at the number of references (articles and so on) to things. It is taking an OBJECTIVE approach to making this list. In this instance, it is not that the USA thinks it is the world, geesh. Believe what you want but the article in question measured this by internet and print media references.

Obama's election was more than a simple election. it was not politics as usual. It is and will forever be a milestone in African American history.

I can appreciate that it may not mean much to some ... but it was a long time coming. It's significance should not be berated or minimized, for any reason.

high five. exactly.

the world is at loss with this. and as for Obama...USA is not the world damn it... :no:
Oh God no one said it was. Look flat out all I'm saying is it's not fair to call him names when he's done nothing wrong ok Damn. Is it right to call Micheal names? I bet you'd get pissed it someone did right? So hell I'm just saying the same for obama. No Obama inauguration wasn't as big, No the world doesn't mourn him No No No we know that. Michael"s an Icon the greatest there ever was. He's the best Know doubt He was a angel sent from above and he loved us His fans all over the world. But do you think he would have said F*&K Obama? I don't think so. You don't like him so you talk about him. Think for a minute really think.. Are you doing the same thing they did to Michael? People called him Wa**o JA&*O ( I just can't bring myself to type that. for no reason they called him wierd made fun of his face called him peverted names and he was innocent, did nothing but gave himself to this selfish ass world. and you hate them for it you get angry Right well your doing the same to Obama that they did to Michael saying Odumba and things like that when he's done nothing wrong. He's not as famous he's not a legend he's not Michael in noway form or fashsion but He is human . Human just like the rest of us. And he deserves a chance. Just because you don't care does not mean that someone else doens't .

Please don't speak on behalf of others, especially on behalf of the rest of the world. lol I'm not from USA either, but I was more than happy when Obama was elected.

My life was of course much more affected by Michael's death than Obama's election, but it doesn't mean that I wouldn't give a f*ck about it.

I like the way you put that. :)

And there are "crazy MJ fans" from every corner of the world.
Best believe that!

Oh God no one said it was. Look flat out all I'm saying is it's not fair to call him names when he's done nothing wrong ok Damn. Is it right to call Micheal names? I bet you'd get pissed it someone did right? So hell I'm just saying the same for obama. No Obama inauguration wasn't as big, No the world doesn't mourn him No No No we know that. Michael"s an Icon the greatest there ever was. He's the best Know doubt He was a angel sent from above and he loved us His fans all over the world. But do you think he would have said F*&K Obama? I don't think so. You don't like him so you talk about him. Think for a minute really think.. Are you doing the same thing they did to Michael? People called him Wa**o JA&*O ( I just can't bring myself to type that. for no reason they called him wierd made fun of his face called him peverted names and he was innocent, did nothing but gave himself to this selfish ass world. and you hate them for it you get angry Right well your doing the same to Obama that they did to Michael saying Odumba and things like that when he's done nothing wrong. He's not as famous he's not a legend he's not Michael in noway form or fashsion but He is human . Human just like the rest of us. And he deserves a chance. Just because you don't care does not mean that someone else doens't .

what are you talking about? i didn't call Obama names, at least not in this thread (lol)

and chichi, yes i know that it is a historical moment, but for USA, not for the world. imo, the biggest moment for the world , unfortunately a negative one is this...Michael's death.

off to bed... :baby:

what are you talking about? i didn't call Obama names, at least not in this thread (lol)

and chichi, yes i know that it is a historical moment, but for USA, not for the world. imo, the biggest moment for the world , unfortunately a negative one is this...Michael's death.

off to bed... :baby:
i never said you did call him names. you know what bye i'm done.

Why do mj fans have to turn EVERYTHING into a competition??? Its not that serious. Michael is dead and people here are fighting over the stupidest things. Second, to the people who are saying that Obama's election didn't mean anything to the entire world, you are very much wrong and probably need to learn something about politics. Your thought process is jaded.

Wait, really? I think I need to leave this thread for good.

Hey It's from telegraph. If the say Michael is not as big as Obama, in common sense Michael is much bigger than him. Telegraph is bull ****

Back