Michael Jackson to speak on Good Morning America! @ 7 a.m. ET [AUDIO & VIDEO in post #1]

Re: Michael Jackson to speak on Good Morning America! @ 7 a.m. ET

Omg omg im sooooo excited!!!!!!!!

And happy for him!!!!

We love u mike!

i just went back to the abc page and they added a lot to the article, like extended the quotes and added more and all that :) go take a look

and i looked at the comments you all left and my eyes definitely welled up a little. all our love definitely makes the other comments seem so petty and immature. proud of us :)

Updated article:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/MichaelJackson/story?id=5680705

Michael Jackson: 'I Feel ... Very Young' at 50

Speaks Exclusively to 'GMA' About His Past, His Future, His Dreams for His Children

By CHRIS CONNOLLY and MICHAEL S. JAMES

Aug. 28, 2008

He first became a star as a young boy, then endured superstardom, scandals and a legal prosecution, but as he turns 50, Michael Jackson told "Good Morning America" in an exclusive interview, he is "having a wonderful time, just relaxing."

Speaking by phone from his home in California, at times so softly he was barely audible, Jackson said he was listening to James Brown and preparing for his 50th birthday Friday, when he will "just have a little cake with my children and we'll probably watch some cartoons" -- before he gets right back to work.

Watch "Good Morning America" Friday at 7 a.m. ET for more on this exclusive interview.

Does turning 50 mean he now has an AARP card?

"Not that I know of!" Jackson said, laughing. "You never know. They can find you wherever you are."

He said he still can do all his famous dance moves and "more."

"I feel very wise and sage, but at the same time very young," he said.

Reflecting back, Jackson said the happiest time in his life was probably when he was recording his hit solo albums "Thriller," released in 1982, and "Off the Wall," released in 1979. Those albums -- which were accompanied by a string of hit singles and videos and corresponded with the 1983 debut of his signature dance, the "moonwalk" -- propelled him to the height of his stardom.

"That meant very much to me and seemed to be received so beautifully by the public and the world," he said. "I enjoyed it very much."

Asked to pick a single song as his greatest achievement, Jackson went back to the same period.

"Oh boy, that's a hard one," he said, before singling out "We Are the World," "Billie Jean" and "Thriller."

But Jackson was not content to rest on his laurels, saying, "I am still looking forward to doing a lot of great things."

He hopes to release new music and tour, though he doesn't have dates set.

"I am writing all the time," he said. "I love composing and the whole thing. But I am also raising my children and enjoying it and teaching them to ride bicycles and how to read. I love it."

He said he hopes to "be myself" in his future work, but also that he is "inspired by many great artists," noting he wished he could have worked with Brown or Fred Astaire.

He sees his influence in some of today's artists, specifically mentioning Chris Brown.

He said he sacrificed his childhood with "a lot of hard work," and that he remembers "giving up your life for the medium."

But he'd do it all again.

"I think I would," he said. "It is very much worth it. I have always loved show business and have always enjoyed making people happy through that medium. I love the celebration of music and dance and art. I just love it."

Asked if he'd like his two sons and daughter to have the same sort of upbringing as him, he said he'd prefer to let them "enjoy their childhood as much as possible."

"I let them go to the arcade and go to the movies and do things," he said. "I want them to get to do the kind of things I didn't get to do. So, I fill them with a lot of enjoyment that way -- a lot of amusement. You know?

"I get pretty emotional when I see them having a wonderful time," he added, "when they are on a ride and they are screaming and they are happy. ... It makes me emotional, 'cause I see they are having a real good time."

Jackson said his kids "love music ... they are very much into the arts," but that, "I don't push them."

If he could go back and give himself some advice at age 9 or 10, the approximate age of his oldest children, he would advise himself, "if you are going to do it, commit yourself, know your craft and be really involved." He'd say to be strong and to have "rhinoceros skin" when it comes to dealing with the pressures of fame.

Perhaps Jackson learned to have a thick skin after enduring years of controversies.

Born Aug. 29, 1958, in gritty Gary, Ind., Jackson rose to fame as the youngest member of the brother act, The Jackson 5. The group released its first single on the Motown label in 1969, when Jackson was 11 years old, and enjoyed a string of hits in the early 1970s.

The group eventually became known as The Jacksons, and Jackson also had hits as a child solo artist and actor.

Jackson's adult musical career took off with "Off the Wall," and eventually, he became such a superstar that he adopted the moniker, "the king of pop."

But Jackson also developed a reputation for eccentricity. He often was seen wearing a surgical mask in public, and his appearance changed and his skin complexion seemed to grow lighter through the years.

He had a pair of brief marriages, including one to Elvis Presley's daughter, Lisa Marie Presley.

In 2002, Jackson drew criticism for dangling his youngest son, Prince Michael II, then a toddler, from a German hotel balcony as fans looked on. He later apologized.

In 1993, Jackson was accused of molesting a 13-year-old boy who visited his "Neverland" ranch, but settled the case out of court.

Jackson was criminally charged with child molestation in 2003, but was acquitted in 2005.

what's the time in US now

when can we get the video??

thanks!!

It's like an "50 or over" orgaanization dedicated to uplift those over 50. (since apparantly those over 50 can sometimes feel devalued in society) They provide resources for health insurance, travel & the like.

Thank you very much,J5master! :)

Oh,yes!!!

What the time in EUA?Here at 01:53 a.m (August,29!)

lol mello!

what's the time in US now

when can we get the video??

thanks!!

east coast, it's almost 1 am
west coast, it's almost 10 pm

sooo it depends who's doing it but we're looking at another 7-10 hours. the show is from 7-9 and who knows at what point they'll talk about mj during it, could be the beginning, could be the end. and then you have to add a little time for the whole uploading process too, which i don't know how to do, but i hope that helps!

hey another aussie!
hey q! :) How r ya?
Hey u going to sydney tonite?

This is way cool. I'm ultra excited and from what Michael said, he sounds content. After so much heartache in his life, nothing could make me happier. I loved what he said about his children and about how he gets emotional seeing them have fun. That's heavy man. Michael is such an amazing man.

And Katie, girl, your baby boy looks just like you!

hey another aussie!
hey q! :) How r ya?
Hey u going to sydney tonite?

Oh another fellow australian :) R u going to the sydney party tonight? I'd love to go but im in brissie atm and jsut didnt have the time to go down :(

How is GMA going to air this cov ? with it be added with a segment or show clips? how do u think?

OMG!
Thanks for the news..... OMG
I Love you Michael!!! :D

WOW

This article and interview is so wonderful!! Hey everybody...leave comments on the ABC site, there are some great comments we have left but keep up posting your b-day wishes. It just makes the haters comments look even more stupid.

oh btw...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!!! LOL

wow, sounds cool! :clapping: I didn't expected it...

homaifrickingyad!!:bugeyed:wild::wild::wild::clapping::clapping:

Does anybody know if GMA has a website they post their interviews on, or if the interview is going to be on youtube? I don't have a tv so....yea. :angel::flowers: Thanks!:heart:

:dropdead:

I woke up today, at 7.30 am and just knew that something's different. lol

Thank you for posting!

Last edited:

Thank you so much for posting!

It's great to read all this things. I'm really happy, because he is as well :D

*FAINTS* @ HE WANTS TO TOUR! yes!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

homaifrickingyad!!:bugeyed:wild::wild::wild::clapping::clapping:

Does anybody know if GMA has a website they post their interviews on, or if the interview is going to be on youtube? I don't have a tv so....yea. :angel::flowers: Thanks!:heart:
It'll be all over the place, no worries :) GMA usually posts significant interviews and video segments on their site, too.

It's awesome that MJ himself is saying he'll tour again. Of course other people working with him have said it, but Michael saying it has much more meaning ^_^

Hopefully those dates involve as soon as 2009.

This is fantastic news!! Can't wait to get home and listen to this after work... yeeaaaaay. Michael will tour again!!!! :)

Omg this is amazing...i will be up rise and shine at 7am!!
Hopefully they wont wait til the end of the show for the interview.:doh:

Everyone is welcome! Yea I hope someone does upload it because I will be at work. :(
Me too. And my VCR is busted.
Thats why I missed Solange and Beyonce Thursday morning.

:D Cheers Dorothy!

I love these quotes from the article:
He said he still can do all his famous dance moves and "more."
He hopes to release new music and tour, though he doesn't have dates set.
"I am writing all the time," he said. "I love it."

(I can probably provide an upload of the segment if nobody else does,
I'm sure it will also be available for streaming on GMA's site)
You are THE man TSCM! :D Thanks a bunch!
I also liked this part of the interview:
Speaking by phone from his home in California, at times so softly he was
barely audible, Jackson said he was listening to a little James Brown and
preparing for his 50th birthday Friday, when he will have a little cake and watch
cartoons with his children, and then get back to work.

^_^

This news is really exciting!
At least SOMEBODY is acknowledging The KING's birthday!
I cant wait to hear Michaels voice!

*staying up night so i don't miss it*

I just need to hear his voice!!

This is awesome news!!!

Cannot wait to hear this interview!! See he is workin *day and night* to get these projects finished hence the thin look and also why he didnt even have a shave lol!

Michael i think that you have the drive and determination to make another blockbuster such as thriller and I KNOW you are working the way you did with quincy on these projects. Good luck MJ, see you soonwhen you annouce them Dates.

o2 here we come baby lol!!:ph34r:

*beatlesboy2008*

http://abcnews.go.com/gma/michaeljackson/story?id=5680705

He first became a star as a young boy, then endured superstardom, scandals and a
legal prosecution, but as he turns 50, Michael Jackson told "Good Morning America"
in an exclusive interview, he is "having a wonderful time, just relaxing."

Speaking by phone from his home in California, at times so softly he was barely audible, Jackson said he was

listening to James Brown and preparing for his 50th birthday Friday, :)

when he will ...

"just have a little cake with my children and we'll probably watch some
cartoons" -- before he gets right back to work. (heeeee)

He hopes to release NEW music and TOUR , :wild:
though he doesn't have dates set.

Watch "Good Morning America" Friday at 7 a.m. ET
for more on this exclusive interview.

Does turning 50 mean he now has an AARP card?
"Not that I know of!" Jackson said, laughing. "You never know.
They can find you wherever you are."

He said he still can do all his famous dance moves and "MORE." :wild:

"I feel very Wise and Sage, but at the same time VERY young," :wub:

This is a Beautiful PRESENT from MICHAEL to US _
Im sooooooo EFFIN HAPPY *Wipes Eyes* :D

Last edited:

OMG!!!
I'm so happy he's doing fine:D
"But I am also raising my children and enjoying it and teaching them to ride bicycles and how to read. I love it."
:wub: He's such a good father:wub:.

Something is going on ,I can feel it!
Can you feel it? can you feel it? CAN YOU FEEL IT!!!!!!

wow, amazing news, i am very excited! :drible: Happy Birthday Michael :) :drinking:

Speaking by phone from his home in California
so he is back there now?

Back