Michael Jackson to speak on Good Morning America! @ 7 a.m. ET [AUDIO & VIDEO in post #1]

Dorothy_Marie

Proud Member

UPDATE:

Download AUDIO:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QQBZSHWI
(thanks to megan0788)
mirror: http://rapidshare.com/files/14104264...8-29-2008_.wma
(thanks to sophiemj)

Download VIDEO:
http://rapidshare.com/files/141054488/Mike_turns_50.wmv [10.4 mb, wmv]
(thanks to sophiemj)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BOLST970 [77 mb, avi]
(thanks to Alteredb)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0FDGGT2H [240.55 mb, VOB]
(thanks to megan0788)

Transcript
(thanks to megan0788)

Chris Connelly: How do you plan to celebrate your 50th birthday?
Michael: Oh, I'll just have a little cake with my children and we'll probably watch some cartoons.

Chris Connelly: As you look back on your career Michael, what would you have done differently?
Michael: I am still looking forward to doing a lot of great things, so that's hard--I think the best is yet to come in my true humble opinion.

Michael: I am just watching, you know, a little James Brown show right now.
Chris Connelly: Is that right?
Michael: I love James Brown. Yes.

Chris Connelly: As you look back on 50 years in your career, at what point in your career do you think you were the happiest?
Michael: The happiest? The recording of Thriller and the Off The Wall albums. That meant very much to me and seemed to be received so beautifully by the public and the world. You know, I enjoyed it very much.

(We don't hear Chris Connelly ask this question, but it has something to do with him asking if Michael could still perform and continue to thrill people at the age of 50)
Michael: Yes! Because I am expanding a lot of the avenues. People see some of the things I do and they say why don't you show this to the world. People don't know you do these things! Well, maybe I will.
Michael: Some of the younger, newer artists -- I think Chris Brown is doing wonderful and Timberlake. I really admire what they are doing.

Chris Connelly: Is there anything you sacrificed by having this amazing career, 40 years and counting?
Michael: A lot of hard work-- sacrificing your time and your scheduling. Your childhood-- You know, you're giving up your life for the medium.

Chris Connelly: (about Michael's kids) Would you like them to have the same kind of upbringing you did in terms of getting into show business at an early age? Or do you want to say to them whoa, take a moment, enjoy your childhood?
Michael: I am letting them enjoy their childhood as much as possible. I really do -- I let them go to the arcade and get out and go to the movies and do things. I think that comes naturally. You know, I want them to get to do the things I didn't get to do.

Chris Connelly: It must mean a lot for your kids to be able to do the things that you weren't able to do, huh?
Michael: Yeah, I get pretty emotional when I see them having a wonderful time. When they are on a ride and they are screaming and they are happy and they are running. It makes me emotional.

Chris Connelly: You know, when most people turn 50, the AARP finds them and sends them an AARP card. Have you gotten an AARP card in the mail?
Michael: Not that I know of (laughs)
Chris Connelly: You never know. They can find you wherever you are.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/MichaelJackson/story?id=5680705[/b]

Michael Jackson: 'I Feel Very Young' at 50

Speaks Exclusively to 'GMA' About His Past, His Future, His Dreams for His Children

By CHRIS CONNOLLY and MICHAEL S. JAMES
Aug. 28, 2008
carousel_gma_logo.gif

He first became a star as a young boy, then endured superstardom, scandals and a legal prosecution, but as he turns 50, Michael Jackson told "Good Morning America" in an exclusive interview, he is "having a wonderful time."
rt_jackson_080828_mn.jpg
U.S. pop star Michael Jackson waves to fans as he leaves the "Premium VIP Party with Michael Jackson" in Tokyo, March 8, 2007. The ticket price for the exclusive party was $3,400.
(Kiyoshi Ota /Reuters)
More Photos

Speaking by phone from his home in California, at times so softly he was barely audible, Jackson said he was listening to a little James Brown and preparing for his 50th birthday Friday, when he will have a little cake and watch cartoons with his children, and then get back to work.
Watch "Good Morning America" Friday at 7 a.m. ET for more on this exclusive interview.
Does turning 50 mean he now has an AARP card?
"Not that I know of!" Jackson said, laughing.
He said he still can do all his famous dance moves and "more."
"I feel very young," he said.
Reflecting back, Jackson said the happiest time in his life was probably when he was recording his hit solo albums "Thriller" and "Off the Wall" –- which propelled him to the height of his stardom.

Asked to pick a single song as his greatest achievement, Jackson went back to the same period.
"Oh boy, that's a hard one," he said, before singling out "We Are the World," and "Billie Jean," adding that there were "so many others."
But Jackson was not content to rest on his laurels, saying, "I am still looking forward to doing more."
He hopes to release new music and tour, though he doesn't have dates set.
"I am writing all the time," he said. "I love it."

He said he hopes to "be myself" in his future work, but also be "inspired by great artists," noting he wished he could have worked with Brown or Fred Astaire.
He sees his influence in some of today's artists, specifically mentioning Chris Brown.
Asked if his kids are good dancers, Jackson said, "I don't push them."
Asked if he'd like them to have the same sort of upbringing as him, he said he'd prefer to let them "enjoy their childhood" as much as possible.
It "means a lot when I see them on a ride," he said, "having a really good time."
If he could go back and give himself some advice at age 9 or 10, he would advise himself to know his craft and be tough, but also to have "rhinoceros skin."
ABC News' Thea Trachtenberg contributed to this report.

Last edited:
Re: Michael Jackson to speak on Good Morning America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*FAINT*

who's excited?!?!?!?!?!?

Re: Michael Jackson to speak on Good Morning America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for this..Im def. watching GMA tomorrow yay!!Im excited for this .

Re: Michael Jackson to speak on Good Morning America! @ 7 a.m. ET

^^^OMG OMG

7:00 am!!.GMA!..........................................I'll be there

TE AMO MIchael!!! :wub:

oh yeah.....
THANKS SO MUCH for the news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
SO happy my first class doesn't start till 10:40

Thanks for this, can someone please please please upload the interview ?

yes! i just saw this on abc.com!! super excited!!!!
def being recorded :D

Last edited:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I just set my VCR, I can't wait!! Thanks sooo much for posting!!! :wub: :wub:

Oh my god! We get to hear michael speak!?!?!???

oh yay i can't wait

OMG! Cool! Thanx for the news ;)

HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY MJ!!!!!

Omg this is amazing...i will be up rise and shine at 7am!!

thank you very much for the news ..i can't wait

l don't have abc can you please upload this interview l am from morocco l don't have unfortunatly.

Everyone is welcome! Yea I hope someone does upload it because I will be at work. :(

:D Cheers Dorothy!

I love these quotes from the article:

He said he still can do all his famous dance moves and "more."

He hopes to release new music and tour, though he doesn't have dates set.

"I am writing all the time," he said. "I love it."

(I can probably provide an upload of the segment if nobody else does, I'm sure it will also be available for streaming on GMA's site)

AHHHHHHHHH! SOOOOOO exciting! Thank you for posting. I can't WAIT to hear it. Happy Birthday Michael! You're the coolist EVER! Woohoo.

You can tell I'm excited, huh?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

:stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher:

HAVE A FUN BIRTHDAY MIKE! :)

Thanks for the link.

I wrote:

"Michael Jackson- what an amazing TALENT!!! Incrediable music, amazing moves....Superior, unique, original, pioneer. That is Michael Jackson. I wish him all the best and can't wait to hear more music from him!! God bless him, he's a good man."

:)
(And don't ask me why my name there is LonelyTeardrops...:lol: I tried liek a thousand names and it kept saying it's unavailable, and then that song MJ sang as a little boy crossed my mind and I tried it and it worked...:lol:)

Omgg!! :) yay i'm so happy right now!!

I added a comment as well.

Reading the comments already posted, I thought I would come back here and just say to new MJ fans - take heart. Tomorrow we will read and hear things about Michael that will make us gnash our teeth in frustration. But hopefully we will also read and hear things that will cause us to smile and to be reminded about why we love this man so much.

Remember too that often times they are mocking/ridiculing the caricature that they (the media) have created. That caricature is not the Michael Jackson we know and it is certainly not that caricature's legacy, life and music that we celebrate.

Just wanted to say that.

Thanks.

On another point.

One way for us to help reclaim Michael's legacy is by posting comments that affirm Michael and that by their very contrast make the idiots who comment only his looks appear petty, jealous, mean-spirited and small-minded.

Let us bombard ABC with positive comments!!!!!!

wizoww..i 'm gunna be having to set an alarm!!!!!!

Awesome. Michael Jackson to wake me up in the morning. If we can't see him tomorrow, at least we can hear him first thing. God Bless him for making time on HIS birthday to update us about his life.

Michael is in California now???

Neverland or Encino??

Back