Michael Jackson to release new single before o2 Concerts

OMG. I hope it's true... I have a feeling that it is though. :)

few weeks ago it was about lawsuits, pyjamas, health etc. and now it's all about the music. Isn't it great? I won't see him in London and I'm very sad about that but I'm also very happy for him.

Read the same article in The Sun, in another thread. I know it's not a reliable source, but it caught my attention that they did name AEG president, Randy Phillips instead of just "a source close to ..."
What y'all think? Am I right to believe it sounds more reliable than usual becuz they quoted Randy Philips?

Hope all of this is true. If not, I hope, at least, there's some truth in the articles in that a new single and a new album will come out. When it becomes official, I'm sure more people (outside his core fanbase) will see he's back. I've seen so many people who ain't even his biggest fans wanting his new album over the years.

saw a CNN clip that showed Randy Phillips saying it

few weeks ago it was about lawsuits, pyjamas, health etc. and now it's all about the music. Isn't it great? I won't see him in London and I'm very sad about that but I'm also very happy for him.

I hope MJ will burn his pyjamas and sleep naked from now!

Will yall please try to answer my question...

Since I can't go to the concerts, do you think I will at least be able to order a THIS IS IT tour t-shirt from that website? In other words, will they be selling merchanidise for this gig?

"He wants to use some technical effects that have never been seen before."

Forever the innovator! :D

Good news all around.
icon14.gif

A new single and new album is on it's way.

MJSTAR have direct ties with MJ and his team. MJSTAR currently have a competition to win "2 tickets to Michael's concerts" at the O2. The actual competition is called "New Single and New Album".

It doesn't get much clearer than that at this point..

Now that the whole world is paying Mike some attention it would be idea to release a new album in coming months! Single is a no brainer.. if he intends on performing a new song live he surely must release the single of it well in advance. Awkward going to a concert and having that one song that no one know and no one can sing along to.

Although it would be cool to have an album out, and by releasing it before the shows start would mean he has 3 consecutive months of London concert promotions to help sales, I have a feeling he will release it AFTER the shows are over - before the NEXT set of shows, where ever they may be.

Maybe he will do it Bad tour stylez... One or two new singles, include them in the show, release the album, do all the shows till end Sept then work on music videos for 5 months, gather a collection of singles and hits from that new album then come back 2010 with a new show?

Who knows.

Don't get me started on the website MJStar... they have done much damage in the past with false news and gossip, presenting pictures of Michael with blond hair and blue eyes.... need I say more...

You know, I think it's best to put the title of this topic like a quote because it has not been confirmed and only a rumour at this time.

Don't get me started on the website MJStar... they have done much damage in the past with false news and gossip, presenting pictures of Michael with blond hair and blue eyes.... need I say more...

Im with u on that!

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/jackson to release new music_1097412

MICHAEL JACKSON is set to thrill fans eagerly awaiting his comeback concerts by releasing new music before making his return to the stage.
The Thriller star has announced plans to end his career hiatus with a series of live shows - dubbed "This Is It" - at London's O2 Arena in July (09).
At a press conference last week (05Mar09), The King Of Pop told the press he would be "performing songs the fans wanna hear" at his upcoming residency.
But the star may have to clear room on his concert setlist for new material - he is headed into the studio to record more music.
Randy Phillips, head of concert promoters AEG Live, confirms, "There will be a new Michael Jackson single before the first date.
"Michael has got some new music and he is looking for a new way of disseminating his material to his fans."
And Phillips promises fans who manage to score tickets to the highly-anticipated performances won't be disappointed: "He wants to use some technical effects that have never been seen before."

EEExcellent (with Montgomery Burns voice)

Yeah - that's the best part!

Focus back where it belongs, on the MUSIC !!

Can someone please tell me what record label Michael is currently signed to?

When I see the rerelease after rerelease after rerelease that PH-ONY keeps putting out there, I have to question whether we're getting new music from a REAL "new" album or just new music from OTW30 -- which is actually an OLD album being rereleased for the N-TEENTH time (since the music ends up coming to us in various forms).

Probably just new music from OTW30. Afterall, why release a true "new" album when you can just release an old one and say it's "new". Like they did with THR25 or any other rerelease in the past 8 years. FOR goodness sake, please STOP with the rereleases!!!

PH-ONY is a parasite. Once it attaches itself to fans wallets, it NEVER lets go.

(for all you media heads reading this, I'm NOT referring to the KOP in my post, just the rats that run the business of making money off of him and his back catalog)

Back