Michael Jackson to release new single before o2 Concerts

davidbow1e

Proud Member
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/jackson to release new music_1097412

MICHAEL JACKSON is set to thrill fans eagerly awaiting his comeback concerts by releasing new music before making his return to the stage.
The Thriller star has announced plans to end his career hiatus with a series of live shows - dubbed "This Is It" - at London's O2 Arena in July (09).
At a press conference last week (05Mar09), The King Of Pop told the press he would be "performing songs the fans wanna hear" at his upcoming residency.
But the star may have to clear room on his concert setlist for new material - he is headed into the studio to record more music.
Randy Phillips, head of concert promoters AEG Live, confirms, "There will be a new Michael Jackson single before the first date.
"Michael has got some new music and he is looking for a new way of disseminating his material to his fans."
And Phillips promises fans who manage to score tickets to the highly-anticipated performances won't be disappointed: "He wants to use some technical effects that have never been seen before."

Now this is news that is good to hear!

I am excited to see what he has in store for us. The new singles, the new tech for the show, the new tour dates (please Michael) in New York or Vegas. I can't wait until he wows the haters and proves he still has it once last time…

Contactmusic.com : / why do we believe the good stuff when the regular spew is false

Read the same article in The Sun, in another thread. I know it's not a reliable source, but it caught my attention that they did name AEG president, Randy Phillips instead of just "a source close to ..."
What y'all think? Am I right to believe it sounds more reliable than usual becuz they quoted Randy Philips?

Hope all of this is true. If not, I hope, at least, there's some truth in the articles in that a new single and a new album will come out. When it becomes official, I'm sure more people (outside his core fanbase) will see he's back. I've seen so many people who ain't even his biggest fans wanting his new album over the years.

Last edited:
actually, AGE head did mention these details but in other words ,
so yeah i dare to say I believe this news.

I don't think it's confirmed. I just think contactmusic.com was making an assumption based on the AEG guy saying Michael will be performing new songs at the O2. So they're just trying to get ahead of the ball and say Michael's releasing a new single before the concerts, which could very well happen. But I don't think there's any solid confirmation of this.

[QUOTEand he is looking for a new way of disseminating his material to his fans."
[/QUOTE]

Can't wait to hear what new way that could be.

I so hope this is true. It's a PERFECT time for MJ to release some music. The "this is it" concert series could be used as a tool to promote the new music as well as the classics. There is a lot of interest in this "comeback". Album sales have already soared as a result of the announcement, I can only imagine what will happen to those sales when he starts performing. The numbers will go through the roof! and if there's new music out there, and Michael's performing the new songs at the shows, I'm sure it will result in incredible album sales. Let's just wait and see... Michael and his team are sure taking us on a wild ride.

NO this is True!! Randy Philliops did indeed say it in a interview!!

terry

I"m S***ing myself now....New Music, New Dance routines, New stage techniques, new ways of "disseminating" music........and a 3D music video for thriller??!! He really likes to hit you at once doesn't he.

Don't you guys get the vibe that he's trying to revolutionise the music industry or rather entertainment industry once more?

Randy Phillips, head of concert promoters AEG Live, confirms, "There will be a new Michael Jackson single before the first date.
"Michael has got some new music and he is looking for a new way of disseminating his material to his fans."
And Phillips promises fans who manage to score tickets to the highly-anticipated performances won't be disappointed: "He wants to use some technical effects that have never been seen before."

Please let this be true!!!!:angel:

Michael made some cryptic comments in that announcement, and when he said he would sing the songs his fans wanted to hear, I had a feeling he was intending to inlude more music, he knows that is what we want to hear together with the old favourites.

great to hear about new music.
But why is AEG saying this, why doesn't Michael send out an announcement or something from this Thome thome at least.

I remember posting a year or so ago that when Michael decides to make his move its gonna be like a kick in the solar plexis, WHAM......one minute he is seemingly quietly getting on with his life...the next....the whole world is reeling from a hammer blow!!!!

I love it....well done Michael....I love the way you take us all by surprise.....afterall it was only 10 days ago when we were all wondering about all the rumors.

Back