Michael Jackson Signed AEG Contract Stating He Had "No Known Health Problems" + Link to AEG Contract

Re: Michael Jackson Signed AEG Contract Stating He Had "No Known Health Problems" + Link to AEG Cont

I also thought this AEG contract was to remain private!

And there is a noticeable difference with his signature on that contract......

Re: Michael Jackson Signed AEG Contract Stating He Had "No Known Health Problems" + Link to AEG Cont

yea.... bet the lawyers are going through EVERY WORD .... get the siggy tested, get the paper dated.... LOL. !! Nothing funny about this really.

I don't see how this would effect murray in the criminal/negligence case.

Now suing AEG for wrongful death.... may be not that easy.... i don't know. I haven't read the contract and I am not a lawyer... (LUV LONDELL).

Can someone just sum up what this all means? why it is relevant and why it is important?

Wait a minute. if the judge and AEG folks went through all that trouble to ensure that Katherine signed a confidentiality agreement before getting a copy of the contract, then how was it filed publicly with the court?lol
If you have a look at the contract, you'll notice some of it is redacted (blacked out), mostly the terms relating to money from a quick look.

Has it been verified by anyone other than Radar online?

How did TMZ get scooped if it's on file?

Last edited:

Well he wouldn't have needed to claim his vitiligo or lupus as health problems.
He's had both most of his adult life and knows how to cope with them.
Any other health problems that could affect his ability should have been made known.

I'm glad this finally states how many shows he signed on for.

well the lupus was in remission or else he wouldn't have been able to perform.

i bet u they leaked it themselves just so they can blame katherine and co. for doing it.

Wow... I bet TMZ are bummed they didn't scoop this!

Please note clause 3....

3. Itinerary of Shows. Artistco hereby pre-approves up to thirty one (31) shows, or such other greater number as agreed by Artitco and Promoter, at the O2 Arena in London, between July 26 and September 30 2009.

:girl_sigh:

it doesnt say that. u need to read the whole thing as its just soundbites

Yep.

Wait a minute. if the judge and AEG folks went through all that trouble to ensure that Katherine signed a confidentiality agreement before getting a copy of the contract, then how was it filed publicly with the court?lol

And it didn't say MJ had no health problems, it said it wouldn't reasonably affect the tour.

If you have a look at the contract, you'll notice some of it is redacted (blacked out), mostly the terms relating to money from a quick look.

I agree.

The contract seems pretty clear-cut and straightforward to me, too...at least the parts we can see. It even goes into how certain assets of Michael's could be used as collateral against the advances AEG was paying him...which makes sense imo. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Well, I guess that's that, then, eh?

Thanks for posting.

Re: Michael Jackson Signed AEG Contract Stating He Had "No Known Health Problems"

I just wanted to bump this thread and add this youtube video from Christian Audigier which pretty much confirms the info before Michael even left for the London announcement in March. This footage is from the night Christian and MJ went shopping for clothes.

Wow... I bet TMZ are bummed they didn't scoop this!

Please note clause 3....

3. Itinerary of Shows. Artistco hereby pre-approves up to thirty one (31) shows, or such other greater number as agreed by Artitco and Promoter, at the O2 Arena in London, between July 26 and September 30 2009.

At :46 thru :52, Christian mentions that Michael was planning to be in London for "3 months and maybe more."

I'm not good with embeding so I hope this works, if not, I'll just post the link in a bit.

Edit: Embedding didn't work. Link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2m-V-nqFyE

I remember it was stated at the time that they would start with 10 dates and if the tickets sold okay it would be increased to 30 dates

If someone is drug addicted that certainly is a health problem.

And Michael knew that!!

Those damn liers. I pray the truth comes out that he wasn't addicted at all.

Can we get an attorney in here to explain all this? Please.

It says UP TO 31 shows, NOT UP TO 50, but 31 in the contract with additional shows approved by Artistco and the promoter? Clearly that is a bad forgery of MJ's signature on this contract and someone else was signing documents and making decisions for Artistco. I do believe the fans who spoke to him and I believe Michael when he said he didn't know about the 50 shows.:mello:

Now I get the whole one show per day but how can someone do 3.5 shows in a 7 day period. What's with the .5 (half a show?)? I don't get it. Hmmm :ermm:

#12 Force Majeure and #14 Termination? I need help understanding those 2 clauses, because when I see a number of business days (10 to be exact) and this senseless tragedy occured within 12 business days of the first show my mind starts wondering again about some things.....:mello:

Blahhhhh.......

Thanks for posting this.

Re: Michael Jackson Signed AEG Contract Stating He Had "No Known Health Problems"

So this also debunks rumours that Michael was only going to be performing for 15 minutes!

I don't even think that should've been considered even as a rumor since they said this was clearly the most costliest perfomance ever put on, the "show to end all show" (how can a 15 minute show end all all shows), and the fact that tickets were not cheap.

It says UP TO 31 shows, NOT UP TO 50, but 31 in the contract with additional shows approved by Artistco and the promoter? Clearly that is a bad forgery of MJ's signature on this contract and someone else was signing documents and making decisions for Artistco. I do believe the fans who spoke to him and I believe Michael when he said he didn't know about the 50 shows.:mello:

Now I get the whole one show per day but how can someone do 3.5 shows in a 7 day period. What's with the .5 (half a show?)? I don't get it. Hmmm :ermm:

#12 Force Majeure and #14 Termination? I need help understanding those 2 clauses, because when I see a number of business days (10 to be exact) and this senseless tragedy occured within 12 business days of the first show my mind starts wondering again about some things.....:mello:

Blahhhhh.......

the .5 is as an average per week, like he can do sometimes 4 shows a week or sometimes 3 shows a week....so an average would be 3.5// read the article it says average..

It doesn't state what date he signed this on - or have I missed it?? That's very important. Just because he signed the agreement to do 30 shows it still doesn't mean he was happy about it. What if AEG made arrangements before hand, slipped it to the media so Michael felt pressured to do the dates and then got him to sign this? I would love to think Michael was happy about doing the shows but this is NOT proof.

well the lupus was in remission or else he wouldn't have been able to perform.

i bet u they leaked it themselves just so they can blame katherine and co. for doing it.

Exactly what I thought, we said on the investigative forum that might happen only a few weeks ago didn't we.

The contract is quite straight forward, I guess the question is did Tohme sign on behalf of Artistco for the additional dates that took it to 50 and not ask Michael first...? Why would he tell those fans he didn't know about it... I can't think of any reason for those fans to make that up...

It doesn't state what date he signed this on - or have I missed it?? That's very important. Just because he signed the agreement to do 30 shows it still doesn't mean he was happy about it. What if AEG made arrangements before hand, slipped it to the media so Michael felt pressured to do the dates and then got him to sign this? I would love to think Michael was happy about doing the shows but this is NOT proof.

Very good point, no date... is the date the blacked out part right at the top of the contract? page 1 top left? I worked in artist accounts at a major label in London and most contracts I saw were signed and dated on the same page from my memory.

The contract is quite straight forward, I guess the question is did Tohme sign on behalf of Artistco for the additional dates that took it to 50 and not ask Michael first...? Why would he tell those fans he didn't know about it... I can't think of any reason for those fans to make that up...

I agree, I really don't think they made it up - and it was no secret that Michael didn't like touring.

This question goes out to the Americans on the forum:

Is it normal to sign an important contract 'very truly yours'?

I agree, I really don't think they made it up - and it was no secret that Michael didn't like touring.

exactly shown here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0SBTBcTDHo
I can only come to the conclusion so far that Dr Tohme Tohme signed for some additional dates after this contract and 'perhaps' that is not what Michael wanted...

Regardless of whether Michael was happy about it or not, he clearly signed the contract so would have been fully aware that he was doing 31 concerts at least.

He quite possibly did go to sleep doing 10 shows and wake up to 50... the later dates were added over the course of the day/week but he agreed to them (well 31 anyway... the arrangement of the remaining 19 dates still need to be clarified).

Blahhhhh.......

The 31 shows were the maximum for the first leg. The contract basically states that Michael had to do at least 18 shows in 2009 whether they were sold out or not. If those shows sold out, the promoters were allowed to put the other dates on sale as Michael had already agreed to do 31 shows when he signed the contract. When it was clear the 31 shows would sell out, AEG had to get Michael's permission to add the other 19 shows for 2010. That's how we got to the 50 shows.

I believe the fans as well, but I'm thinking that maybe Michael did want to do only 10 shows, but realised that with the production and the type of show he wanted to put on, AEG would never make their money back and decided he would do 50 so that AEG had a chance to recoup. If he wanted to put on the best show for his fans, he really didn't have a choice but to perform those extra dates, otherwise AEG would have been loosing money. I don't think he was trying to tell the fans he only agreed to do 10 shows. He was telling them that that's all he wanted to do, but because of the demand and the desire to put on the best show for his fans (which is expensive) he had to do more to cover the cost.

I can only come to the conclusion so far that Dr Tohme Tohme signed for some additional dates after this contract and 'perhaps' that is not what Michael wanted...
yeah this is one thing that could be true .this is the one thing that isnt confirmed.interms of mj agreeing to the xtra 19th. but he did agree to 31

Yeah, I'm betting it's the date that's blacked out at the very top.

This question goes out to the Americans on the forum:
Is it normal to sign an important contract 'very truly yours'?

I've never seen a contract ending with "very truly yours", lol, but then at the beginning it was started like a letter ("Dear Dr Tohme"), so maybe not so odd. Like ending a letter to a friend (or business associate you really want to schmooze), I guess.

I read somewhere that Randy Phillips said they received permission from Michael's business agent to schedule the rest of the shows - that would be Dr. Tohme.

I will believe Michael's word ANY DAY before I believe Randy Phillips, etc. Michael TOLD THE FANS that he didn't agree to do 50 shows. I believe them.

I read somewhere that Randy Phillips said they received permission from Michael's business agent to schedule the rest of the shows - that would be Dr. Tohme.

I will believe Michael's word ANY DAY before I believe Randy Phillips, etc. Michael TOLD THE FANS that he didn't agree to do 50 shows. I believe them.
Amen! And how fans can see in that contract that Michael agreed to do 50 shows?

He may not have agreed to do 50 shows. And I am listening to the fans that met him. But at the same time; he must have known that AEG would demand more then 10 shows, due to the amount of money involved in production. Michael had been in this business all his life. The demand from AEG could not have come as a total surprise.

men! And how fans can see in that contract that Michael agreed to do 50 shows?
user_offline.gif

they shouldnt cause it says he agreed to 31 at least. but mj telling fans he only agreed to 10 is clearly false. the question is did he agree to the other 19 or did thome

Back