Michael Jackson Sells Over 1 Billion Records Worldwide (Still waiting to be confirmed))

so a random user then. I'll check it with the Estate.

At Motown single sales were important, at Epic album sales.
So how many singles did he sell in the motown era? 200 mio singles?

I Want You Back - Sales : 4.1 mill. (World)
ABC - Sales : 4.1 (World)
The Love You Save - Sales : 3.7 (World)
Mama's Pearl - Sales : 2.4 (World)
Never Can Say Goodbye - Sales : 2.6 (World)
Dancing Machine - Sales : 3.5 (World)

The most successful single ever released by the Jackson 5, "I'll Be There" sold 4.2 million copies in the United States, and 6.1 million copies worldwide.

Over 27 mill. sales only from these 7 motown singles! Ben not even included!

:timer:
popcorn-MJ.gif

Maybe they will confirm it at the Event this Thursday January 26, for Immortalising MJ's hand and footprints at Graumans Chinese Theater. :) I think they may be waiting to announce it in a GRAND way - I hope Im right

They are considered a tabloid. Sometimes reliable sometimes not. They just posting the same story many others have about it The 1 billion was breifly mentioned in the original press release About MJ being honored at Graumans theater from MJ Estate but it didnt give any details. But it may have something to do with that event being it's mentioned.

This great feat has not been celebrated or even mentioned as fact by Sony on Michael Jackson.com yet .. If true Im sure they will confirm it and celebrate it in a big way. Thats why I say the Celebration of MJ at Graumans on Thursday will be a GREAT Place and time to do just that. Perfect timing if its true

Since it is not yet confirmed I take it it was after all just a rumour??

its mention on the estate press release about the cermony on mj official website and it said to date he sold 1 billion records

The number is mentioned at an official Estate press release.

As there have been some questions about it and if it's indeed 1 billion or around 750 million, I asked Estate Online Team if they can confirm the number.

Online Team has forwarded this request to Estate asking for more detailed explanation of the 1 billion number in the press release. We might or might not get it. IT surely isn't an easy task. We'll wait and see.

It just goes to show just how much of a phenomenal artist MJ is, in the past 2 years he must have sold about 150 million records minimum!! No one deserves it more than him, I just wish he could have lived to see it.

theyve been saying 750 million forever.. even when they would say Thriller sold 50 million , 60 million.. then 104 million.. But the 750 million never moved lol! Not to mention the other albums that have been sold and released since.. It's gotta be over 1 billion by now.. Does anyone have individual album sale list closest updated version?

1 billion 'records' does not mean albums. He definitely hasn't sold anywhere near that amount. Mj could potentially have a total if 1 billion 'unit sales' if you include all products (cds, vinyl, cassette, dvds, vhs singles etc). I don't the estate will clarify this because it's not in their interest to do so.

ya I know, I was just stating specifically on the sales of the album Thriller and how that alone has jumped alot the last decade or so and they state 750 mill as the number.. if they are saying 750 while Thriller was at 50 mill.. then that number of 104 came out that alone should have pushed that 750 to 804 million.. Alot of albums, singles..

I was not aware that it counts dvd's and Vh's though that does not sound right to me.. Not saying you are wrong but it should not be a part of the number in my opinion

I would like a confirmation, and if it's true, details of the sales, albums and singles.

as you could hear... during the ceremony in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre, the host, I think it was Bill from Access Hollywood said... or repeated the "known" information ... that... MJ has sold.... 750 records..., in front of John Branca/Estate admins... so no billion thing.... again.

The thing is that it was streamed live and many sceptics (mainly Elvis fans) could use it as proof .... that MJ fans lie and overrate MJ and that only Elvis has the billion record mark... and blah blah....

theyve been saying this 750 mill number before it was on access hollywood, thats my issue.. like way before

I have heard 750 for years. I think the number would have changed somewhat. Michael still sells albums, dvds etc.

^ exactly.. especially after MJ passed! his albums started selling like crazy, many of his albums hit top 50 again which means people were buying them...

if 750 was stated back I think in the 90's, and it was true.. he would have to be over 800 million by now at least..

^ exactly.. especially after MJ passed! his albums started selling like crazy, many of his albums hit top 50 again which means people were buying them...

if 750 was stated back I think in the 90's, and it was true.. he would have to be over 800 million by now at least..

I agree. It feels like 750 is the number it is stuck at when it shouldn't be.

750M was first mentioned in 2006 at the WMA's in London's Earls Court. As noone seems to be able to uppdate that number in the aftermath of june 25th, this might infact have been an unwise move from michael's management at the time. Bain was it? If Michael really had sold 750 M records by 2006, it would have been much higher by now, of course. The problem is that nobody seems to be able to prove the 2006 number!

Back