Michael Jackson/RedOne track "Pictures" featuring Lady Gaga

Sometimes he invite openers, Kim Wild for Bad Tour concert for example....

btw i check it out, and the source in Wikipedia is Halstead book (2007 released, the first edition). I was wonder how info about 2009 recording sessions could be in book released in 2007 ?

Lol......just proves that it is all just speculation.............

Everybody has to also remember that Michael was a nice man and a perfectionist...........

He did duets with Freddie Mercury, LL Cool J, Akon, Lenny Kravitz and many others that he never released because they were not up to his standards (unfinished or just not good enough)............

.............even if the duet happened (however unlikely) it probably wouldn't even get released (most MJ duets don't get released)!!!!

Lol......just proves that it is all just speculation.............

Everybody has to also remember that Michael was a nice man and a perfectionist...........

He did duets with Freddie Mercury, LL Cool J, Akon, Lenny Kravitz and many others that he never released because they were not up to his standards (unfinished or just not good enough)............

.............even if the duet happened (however unlikely) it probably wouldn't even get released (most MJ duets don't get released)!!!!

I think Hold My Hand was up to Michael's standards and it would have been released on his next album. That's why he left a note saying it was to be his next single.

Sometimes he invite openers, Kim Wild for Bad Tour concert for example....

Right. He had openers on the HIStory tour as well. Different local acts, on some of the shows he had DJ Bobo open :lol:

I think that the song exists and that it is one of RedOne tracks. I think that it is unfinished but I hope that Michael recorded his vocals. If there was plans about this collaboration RedOne knows that and he can always record Gaga's vocals and finish the song if she didn't record it back then.

:unsure:

Jackson_popcorn.gif

If someone doesn't think Michaels PR has any influence on the way Gaga uses PR than they have no idea on how Michael revolutionized the way PR works.. And NO one gets something from nothing.. Michael has heavy influence from people from before him.. he just did it the best and combined it in a way no one else has.. He revolutionized it and Gaga is FOR SURE influenced by Michael VERY MUCH.. PR/choreographs/stage design/video style..

Next topic::

There were several people that were to open for Michael or participate in This Is It that is not biblically documented for a few reasons.. Much of it were to be surprise.. I remember even hearing about Leona Lewis as one of them. Then of course we have the little kid that sang at his memorial that was to sing at This Is It shaheen jafargholi.. That was not public either.

is this true???? is there audio from this??????
i dont care for gaga so opening wow as a artist before the show?? or as a real opener ????????

Like I said over on the Maximum Jackson board, I'll say it here regarding this "news" story. I personally don't want to see or hear Lady Gaga doing anything associated with Michael. I don't care for her music or her image.

I'd rather see Breaking News be released as a single then to see her sing on a Michael Jackson song. That's how much I don't care for her
Well said!

If someone doesn't think Michaels PR has any influence on the way Gaga uses PR than they have no idea on how Michael revolutionized the way PR works..

Of course she does, like I said before, she takes advantage of this fully and takes it to a ridiculous level. But the comparison in itself is laughable, because Michael's art and persona are filled with substance and he didn't feel he had to insult one's religion or the other, nor applaud one's sexuality and personal life over another like she does it so much for attention - things she always does ostentatiously. Michael had tact, and that makes some difference. Do I think Michael's PR-ists were great? No, they stunk, in my view, but I reacted the way I did, personally, also because the discussion turned slightly into an awkward Michael one (i.e the Elephant Man's bones - which he loved actually, for the special person John Merrick was, and that was no real PR move, except for maybe DiLeo, thus the media, thus the general public). Or the Hyperbanic chamber - he never owned one, but as the curious person that he was, he got into one to see how it feels and got photographed. And so on. But why do threads having nothing to do with such topics derail like that, don't know, though. ..

I am confused is there a song with Michael and Lady Gaga? Or is there a song with Michael singing and Lady Gaga will sing her part? I just want to hear songs he finished even if the song was done in 1982 or songs just the way he left them.

Last edited:
the comparison is not laughable if you comprehend what I am comparing.. I'm not comparing the tactics as you try to make it seem.. It's the over the top in your face PR.. The specifics are very different.. they are pretty damn different people.. But they both knew when you talk about them you are getting them publicity.. The path to do it was different.. the idea behind it has similarities. In fact if you see some interviews they answer the same exact way about when asked about things they have done..

Lady Gaga can't hold a candle to Michael I never said she could.. But when people call her a 'B' celeb and belittle how big she is is stupid because she is a 'A' celeb.. we can't compare to Michael because he's past celebirty. There are stars, superstars, and MICHAEL JACKSON..

you just have a grudge against her and your angry at what I said but what I said is true.. like her or hate her.. she's getting attention.. yes she's offensive, even to me.. But I can't deny the success she's having because of it.

I'm DONE I'm sure your going to ripp apart what I said because you want the last word but I'll give it to you.. she's a top celeb and largely owed to her PR.. and it has been influenced by Michael in a LARGE way.. end of story..

For those saying Michael would never work with someone like Gaga:

Akon - 2 songs.
Fergie - 1 song.
Kanye West - 1 song.
Will.I.Am - 7/8 songs.

And who remembers Miss Castaway and the Island Girls?

Michael had plans to release 2 albums.
Many,especially young people hadn´t discovered his music but they listened to Lady Gaga.
If Lady Gaga and other popular artists would perform in This is it I think their fans would look closer to Michaels music and buy his albums too.

michael and lady gaga
omg hard to believe it

I am confused is there a song with Michael and Lady Gaga? Or is there a song with Michael singing and Lady Gaga will sing her part? I just want to hear songs he finished even if the song was done in 1982 or songs just the way he left them.

Apparently there is a song that they wrote together (Michael wrote verses and she wrote the bridge). Akon and RedOne produced it. We don't know if the song was finished, probably not because none of RedOne songs are. He said that he and Michael worked on many songs (8-10 songs) but they didn't finish none of them because Michael had many ideas and he wanted to record all of them and then in London he would chose the best ones and finish them. So most of RedOne tracks has only one or two verses and a chorus.

Akon - 2 songs.
Fergie - 1 song.
Kanye West - 1 song.
Will.I.Am - 7/8 songs.

Those are just remixes for Thriller 25, those are not real collaborations except WBSS 2008 with Akon. Although he worked with Akon, will.i.am (6 songs not 8), RedOne (Gaga's long time producer and I think the main reason of her success), Ne-Yo. And he even had plans to work with T-Pain and 50 cent.

the comparison is not laughable if you comprehend what I am comparing.. I'm not comparing the tactics as you try to make it seem.. It's the over the top in your face PR.. The specifics are very different.. they are pretty damn different people.. But they both knew when you talk about them you are getting them publicity.. The path to do it was different.. the idea behind it has similarities. In fact if you see some interviews they answer the same exact way about when asked about things they have done..

Lady Gaga can't hold a candle to Michael I never said she could.. But when people call her a 'B' celeb and belittle how big she is is stupid because she is a 'A' celeb.. we can't compare to Michael because he's past celebirty. There are stars, superstars, and MICHAEL JACKSON..

you just have a grudge against her and your angry at what I said but what I said is true.. like her or hate her.. she's getting attention.. yes she's offensive, even to me.. But I can't deny the success she's having because of it.

I'm DONE I'm sure your going to ripp apart what I said because you want the last word but I'll give it to you.. she's a top celeb and largely owed to her PR.. and it has been influenced by Michael in a LARGE way.. end of story..

No, I'll let you have yours. I've already stated mine. I'll just say I don't hate anyone, but the things some do, not sure why I have to tell you this, though. The attention she's getting means nothing personal to me, her huge unfortunate influence on kids does, (that's paraded around through her PR, of course), but that's not the thread for that to sit and explain my feelings about.

Peace.

Akon - 2 songs.
Fergie - 1 song.
Kanye West - 1 song.
Will.I.Am - 7/8 songs.

And your point is..? Besides trying to shame Michael for his choices. He also did favors to his friends in those B-movies cuz of his generosity. Fergie can sing, though, and Akon used to make some nice music.

Well i think he always wanted to keep in touch with recent and actual musicians, let's remeber his interes in collaboration with Madonna and Prince in 80's, and it doesn't matter what he was thinking about them privately. He said he always give everything (and everyone) a chance. So, why not Gaga? She is the most actual performer of recent years. I think he was just wondering how she is at work.

I see what you are saying when comparing gaga and Michael when it came to publicity, the results were similar( ppl talking about them) but the tactics totally different. And she was inspired by him in that way only though, so I do agree with you on that point. I think gaga just takes it way too far, her tactics are a joke really, she may be popular right now but I don't care for her at all, how can I take someone like that seriously?

I def. agree with you on the bolded portion! Michael is in a league of his own, that is for sure!

As far as the song, it may exist since RedOne did say he worked with Michael on several songs, but the gaga involvement- who knows? I personally do not want gaga involved in any Michael project. I don't care how popular she is, imo she is not in the same class as Michael so why bring down Michael's work to her level.:doh:

I see what you are saying when comparing gaga and Michael when it came to publicity, the results were similar

I think gaga just takes it way too far, her tactics are a joke really, she may be popular right now but I don't care for her at all, how can I take someone like that seriously?

I personally do not want gaga involved in any Michael project. I don't care how popular she is, imo she is not in the same class as Michael so why bring down Michael's work to her level.:doh:

:agree:

michael and lady gaga
omg hard to believe it

LOL

I swear, I've tried to imagine would like , but it is completely impossible for me. :fear:

Apparently there is a song that they wrote together (Michael wrote verses and she wrote the bridge). Akon and RedOne produced it. We don't know if the song was finished, probably not because none of RedOne songs are. He said that he and Michael worked on many songs (8-10 songs) but they didn't finish none of them because Michael had many ideas and he wanted to record all of them and then in London he would chose the best ones and finish them. So most of RedOne tracks has only one or two verses and a chorus.

Thanks. I understand better.

I think Hold My Hand was up to Michael's standards and it would have been released on his next album. That's why he left a note saying it was to be his next single.

But that is still just speculation............

And Michael never really decided anything until it's ready for release!!!!!

And your point is..? Besides trying to shame Michael for his choices. He also did favors to his friends in those B-movies cuz of his generosity. Fergie can sing, though, and Akon used to make some nice music.

I'm not trying to shame Michael's choices (except Miss Castaway :lol:). Lady Gaga is on about the same level as those people Michael has already worked with, even better than some of them. So why is it so hard to believe he would work with Lady Gaga?

Guys just remember we dont know what happened behind the scences, for all we know they could have met and done that song. It maybe just wasnt discusssed till now....

well Janet has met gaga and said she was a sweetheart, since mike and Janet thought the same of a lot of things i assume he liked gaga too. Plus Travis Payne said she was gonna open TII so I believe that as well.

Its actually very likely if you think about it, Gaga was sort of discovered by Akon and was in Just Dance, so he could have told MJ about Gaga, and because they both worked with RedONE, they probably both thought, ''hey why not collaborate sometime?''.

Like I said over on the Maximum Jackson board, I'll say it here regarding this "news" story. I personally don't want to see or hear Lady Gaga doing anything associated with Michael. I don't care for her music or her image.

I'd rather see Breaking News be released as a single then to see her sing on a Michael Jackson song. That's how much I don't care for her

Agreed. Her image is vulgar. I don't believe this stuff. Mj would never have approved, just like how he thought madonna was vulgar.
She's just a fad, like Britney was in the early 2000s, amassed with debut hype then fading. Her current album already has seen the biggest drop in sales in billboard history lol.

Meh, I don't know. Wasn't the whole thing about Lady Gaga opening not officially confirmed? I don't believe this duet thing. Plus, it's on wikipedia and anybody can get in there and edit it. I don't know I guess I'm just not impressed by Lady Gaga. People think she's unique but I don't see it to be honest. She tries too hard for my liking. Michael may have seen her as talented but he saw many modern artists as talented, being the humble and respectable man he was. But that doesn't mean he would want to work professionally with them. I can't see Michael Jackson wanting to do music with Lady Gaga.

Back