Michael Jackson' Manager Planning Tell-All Book

All of these new Michael Jackson related books. Where do we start.

In my opinion, the books should be bundled as to content.

LaToya and Jermaine can do a 2-for-1 deal, because their books will most likely say how united and together the Jackson family is.

Frank DiLeo and Alejandra can also do a 2-for-1 deal, because their books will most likely say how the Jackson family really behaves behind closed doors.

LOL! I think that type of plan will just make things easier.
Now we got Joe writing a book..so to bundle the set...buy any of those two book sets..and get Joe's free...:D

I for one look forward to this. I feel that sure Frank may want to cash in but michael was clearly his friend and I do believe he DOES want to help get some good stories out there. besides any more insights into the behind the scenes of the genius is alright by me.

I'm also excited about this book along with Man in the Music. Any word on when it might be released??

In my opinion Dileo is wily. And to say he has been Michael's friend is too much. No, they have been business partners, not more. And I think he is responsible for many things which happened later to Michael. And when they had such a good fellowship as is said NOW, why Michael has fired him and later he didn't have him in his team no more?

Did you know this story about Dileo Landis has told last month:

So the opportunity of doing a really good musical number appealed to me, so I said to Mike, “Michael, instead of doing a video, can we make a theatrical short?” The intention was always meant to be that it would play in theaters. In fact, we had a deal with Disney, and it played with “Fantasia” before it was on TV.

ALLMEDIANY: Wasn’t it hard to fund it, though?

JL: Sony and CBS said they wouldn’t give us any money – they thought the album was over. And Michael said he’d pay for it, and I said, “Absolutely not! I’m not going to take your money,” because it cost almost $500,000 to make – that’s very expensive. So we raised the money from a brand-new cable network called Showtime – we got half the money, and they got the exclusive right to show that and “The Making of ‘Thriller,’” which was an hour together. They used to call it “The Making of ‘Filler,’” because they had to come up with an hour. Then MTV went crazy and said, “How could you do that?!” We said, “OK, put up the second half of the money, and we’ll let you show it for a while.” And that’s what happened, but before they showed it, it played theatrically. In fact, I got kind of screwed by the record company, because Frank DiLeo, who was Mike’s manager at the time, told me many years later that he’s the one who did it, which is he did the right thing for the record but he kind of screwed me. What he did was, they duped “Thriller” and they made many, many copies of it, and then gave it free to television stations all over the world. It was on TV constantly, which meant it wouldn’t be playing in theaters anymore – which upset me – but it did make the album triple its sales, and it did establish MTV. I mean, it’s responsible for a lot of things, but it was no one’s brilliant plan – it was just Mike wanting to turn into a monster.

It was on TV constantly, which meant it wouldn’t be playing in theaters anymore – which upset me – but it did make the album triple its sales, and it did establish MTV.

Come on, Landis, tell us the real story. You wanted your name to be BIG instead.
No offense, but Landis is one big cry-baby. They could have continued with theatrical way, and it would have been a hit for long time, because of the hype. Why not? A lot of people loves to see theatrical plays of hits as shown on TV. Just like Shakespeare's plays are played on TV set, and on theater.
I have feeling, that Landis is not telling the whole story. Because this is just pathetic.

And Frank "LIDEO" comes out of the dark :hysterical:
All I hope is that he is truthful, something I don't expect from a book that is not self published.

CO-CO-ROACH :hysterical:

Joe has written a book a few years ago. Not many know about that, probably due to the fact that the release was limited to Germany.

Joe has written a book a few years ago. Not many know about that, probably due to the fact that the release was limited to Germany.

That book is about Joe's ancestors so there's nothing about Mike there.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/jackson-manager-planning-tell-all-book_1193574

michael_jackson_2902621.jpg

Caption: Michael Jackson (Picture)'s star on The Hollywood Walk of Fame on the 1st anniversary of his death Los Angeles, USA ....

MICHAEL JACKSON's longtime manager is planning to lift the lid on his life with the late superstar in a tell-all book.

Frank DiLeo, who worked with the King of Pop from 1984 until 1989, has decided to "set the record straight" about the music legend and will detail his time with Jackson in a new memoir.

The book will reveal his dealings with the Thriller hitmaker in the 1980s, right up until after the star's 2009 death when he began working with the Jackson estate to help put together posthumous album Michael.

He tells the New York Daily News, "(I'm) not holding back anything... The truth has to be told. There's so much misinformation out there about everything that I'm going to set the record straight once and for all."

And DiLeo hopes the memoir will help put to rest rumours about the way Jackson's album of previously unheard material came about, adding, "I'm tired of people slandering my name when it comes to this particular album."

DiLeo's book will also detail his time as an actor and his famous appearance in Martin Scorsese's classic gangster movie Goodfellas.

I hope he gets better.

In my opinion Dileo is wily. And to say he has been Michael's friend is too much. No, they have been business partners, not more. And I think he is responsible for many things which happened later to Michael. And when they had such a good fellowship as is said NOW, why Michael has fired him and later he didn't have him in his team no more?

Did you know this story about Dileo Landis has told last month:

Do you have a link to this full interview? *please say yes please say yes*:angel:

Back