Michael jackson - jackson movie uses old material

KB50MJ

Proud Member
MICHAEL JACKSON's vocal on concert rehearsal movie THIS IS IT has been enhanced by old recordings of his songs.
The film, which features footage of the King Of Pop practising for his ill-fated comeback shows, has taken more than $200 million (£125 million) at the worldwide box office.
Music experts claim Jackson's strong singing is down to clever editing, with former BBC senior studio manager Andrew Rose insisting footage of the Thriller icon belting out Earth Song is fake.
He says the performance vocal has been lifted from a demo available on YouTube.com, adding: "Throughout the film sudden changes in vocal timbre suggest the dropping in of older recordings which may have required significant digital manipulation to fit the new live backing."
And now bosses at Sony Pictures, who produced the picture, admit they were forced to use old Jackson performances to aid the sound quality of the footage.
Spokesman Jim Kennedy says, "In order to fulfil Michael's vision for his fans and his children... the filmmakers had to incorporate some pre-existing materials, including vocals, where the rehearsal footage audio was incomplete and/or inaudible.
"In addition, usage of master recordings (such as Earth Song) was credited in the end titles."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/jackson-movie-uses-old-material_1122499

Well, we already knew that.

No surprise.

To all those arguing with me about the whole thing being sang fully live.

Oh dear for you, is all I have to say.

We were led to believe from the start that MJ would sing about 80% of the time during the concerts, and that the rest would be pre-recorded. The footage is rehearsal footage, not actual concert footage. The concerts never happened. Michael was saving his voice, and the sound clips were incomplete because it was recorded with the intention of Mike watching the dance moves back, not the vocals really. I don't get why there's such a big fuss about this!

Guess it's just the media picking the film apart, trying to belittle its success.

I still pretty sure stuff like human nature and i just cant stop loving you were all real, doesnt matter to me

Just another media outlet doing its part to discredit Michael Jackson, like we didn't already know Earth Song uses elements of the demo.

This is funny, let me point out 2 quotes in that small paragraph.

"In addition, usage of master recordings (such as Earth Song) was credited in the end titles."

"Music experts claim Jackson's strong singing is down to clever editing, with former BBC senior studio manager Andrew Rose insisting footage of the Thriller icon belting out Earth Song is fake."

Well done Andrew Rose, quite the detective I see

"Music experts claim Jackson's strong singing is down to clever editing, with former BBC senior studio manager Andrew Rose insisting footage of the Thriller icon belting out Earth Song is fake."

Very funny, i wonder how much he gets for his expertise, we all know when he was singing live and when he wasn't but if he wasn't singing live it was because he was saving his voice which he proved in human nature and IJCSLY was in top form.

Very funny, i wonder how much he gets for his expertise, we all know when he was singing live and when he wasn't but if he wasn't singing live it was because he was saving his voice which he proved in human nature and IJCSLY was in top form.

"Don't make me sing out when I shouldnt be singing out! I shouldnt!" :D:wub:

I've been saying this for ages, but kept getting shouted down :smilerolleyes:

Same :\ I hope they have all read this now. Youve got to know they wont comment on it now though as theyve been proven wrong.

this is stupid. no one can drop it and enjoy anything. its pointless to sit and argue over something like this because either someone comes off stupid for thinking Michael actually sang(which i think he did.) or someone comes of cocky for sayin "I Told You So". Thanks OP you just Reignited the flame of the did he or didnt he sing live argument..... Wow.

this is stupid. no one can drop it and enjoy anything. its pointless to sit and argue over something like this because either someone comes off stupid for thinking Michael actually sang(which i think he did.) or someone comes of cocky for sayin "I Told You So". Thanks OP you just Reignited the flame of the did he or didnt he sing live argument..... Wow.

It never stopped, and this is news. He was hardly not going to post......

I considered just letting it drop and not gloating, however some people got a tinsey tinsey bit offensive when arguing with me about it. So I decided I would gloat a tinset tinsey bit.

It never stopped, and this is news. He was hardly not going to post......

I considered just letting it drop and not gloating, however some people got a tinsey tinsey bit offensive when arguing with me about it. So I decided I would gloat a tinset tinsey bit.

The thing is, the film isnt 100% live at all, but by what the report says, Michael could very well have sang everything live in all of his rehersals, the report just says that the master audio is dubbed over the performances to make it look better when the audio was incomplete.

so to sum up, This Is It is not totally live at all, but was Michael singing totally live in the actual rehersals? We may never know.

then the people who went expecting a full live REHEARSAL were sadly disappointed and should ask for a refund. you people i SWEAR are never happy with anything you always have to argue over something. If he sang every song live you would find fault with it. The point is he DIDN'T sing every song live and he gave his reasons and we need to respect it and stop beating it to death. give it a rest! The man did what he did to suit himself not you.

His live vocals were awesome, how does this change anything?

to some its insufficient, they want something from Michael and they didn't get it so they bitch about it until there is nothing left.

To me just seeing him do a rehearsal for a tour at age 50 is a great thing. Michael Jackson would have never done this if he didn't have kids. We would have never seen what he could do. Its sad to see that his death caused so much pain but it also gave us a gift that we wouldn't have gotten other wise. We would have never seen the rehearsal footage we would only have the concerts. Yes that is what everyone wanted but that's not what we got. Its something we SHOULD have got.

then the people who went expecting a full live REHEARSAL were sadly disappointed and should ask for a refund. you people i SWEAR are never happy with anything you always have to argue over something. If he sang every song live you would find fault with it. The point is he DIDN'T sing every song live and he gave his reasons and we need to respect it and stop beating it to death. give it a rest! The man did what he did to suit himself not you.

Youve got me so wrong its unbelievable.

I dont care at all if its live or lip synched. .....just because im debating with people overs whether it is or isnt. Doesnt mean I care either way. I am a big fan of the HIStory Tour which was like 90% lip synched. So its hardly going to bother me if he lip synched a few songs on This is it.

I was very happy with This is it, and have expressed my love for it in many threads.

However, when you come into a thread that is solely to do with the track list and live vocals. Then you have to expect that will be the topic. Its not rocket science.

You go into a thread talking about the funniest moments of the film, you will get people expressing how they thought certain bits of the film where funny. You go into a thread asking fans what did they think was the best performance, you will get all positive stuff and people expressing their love for the film and specific performances in it.

You come into a thread talking about live vocals, you have to expect people expressing their opinion on what was live and what wasnt.

If you look at all my posts, I have not once said anything a long the lines off. 'Oh, he lip synched Earth Song, that sucks'. Ive simply just said that I think it is lip synched. Which doesnt bother me what so ever.

If you look at all my posts in other threads such as the best performance thread, its nothing but positive stuff expressing my love for the 'Breaking my heart nah' bit of Billie Jean, among other bits.

yeah I think those were too. And I'm pretty sure we were all able to tell when he wasn't singing live, it's really not that big of a deal for rehearsals.

I agree here!
The news are just bullsh*t! This is really bothering me, goddamn it! It's pretty obvious that Michael still CAN sing! Why are they acting like it's a big deal? It is one but not for Mike anymore, not after all those professional years and definitely not on his own songs! Why Mike shouldn't be able to sing anymore? Is he so down? Is he a mess, a zombie, a drug addict or something like that? Plus, he's not doing much performance there, so if he just wanted to he could sing perfectly, in my opinion! But that's also a point, it's only the rehearsals, he's not giving a hundred percent - either at dancing or at singing!
Is it so hard to understand?
Damn media...

Youve got me so wrong its unbelievable.

I dont care at all if its live or lip synched. .....just because im debating with people overs whether it is or isnt. Doesnt mean I care either way. I am a big fan of the HIStory Tour which was like 90% lip synched. So its hardly going to bother me if he lip synched a few songs on This is it.

I was very happy with This is it, and have expressed my love for it in many threads.

However, when you come into a thread that is solely to do with the track list and live vocals. Then you have to expect that will be the topic. Its not rocket science.

You go into a thread talking about the funniest moments of the film, you will get people expressing how they thought certain bits of the film where funny. You go into a thread asking fans what did they think was the best performance, you will get all positive stuff and people expressing their love for the film and specific performances in it.

You come into a thread talking about live vocals, you have to expect people expressing their opinion on what was live and what wasnt.

If you look at all my posts, I have not once said anything a long the lines off. 'Oh, he lip synched Earth Song, that sucks'. Ive simply just said that I think it is lip synched. Which doesnt bother me what so ever.

If you look at all my posts in other threads such as the best performance thread, its nothing but positive stuff expressing my love for the 'Breaking my heart nah' bit of Billie Jean, among other bits.

did i name you out? id i just say YOU? No... i didnt.

did i name you out? id i just say YOU? No... i didnt.

Your response was obviously motivated by either me or darkpheonixwing. Or both of us even, and ive been at conflict with you before over me talking about what was lip synched and what wasnt.

Besides, most of what I wrote was in everyones defense. The only person here who has openly said that the lip synching bothers them is Arty, and everyone knows that.

So what is your point?

33lm5fm.jpg

The media is just trying to stir up drama as usual. They can't just let him have his success, even posthumously. They've always got to try and manufacture a controversy... anything for a story.

LOL.

I still pretty sure stuff like human nature and i just cant stop loving you were all real, doesnt matter to me

I agree. The ending of IJCSLY gave me chills when I watched it.

Your response was obviously motivated by either me or darkpheonixwing. Or both of us even, and ive been at conflict with you before over me talking about what was lip synched and what wasnt.

Besides, most of what I wrote was in everyones defense. The only person here who has openly said that the lip synching bothers them is Arty, and everyone knows that.

So what is your point?

hmm ya know this isn't the only Michael jackson fan forum i visit. There are OTHERS out there.

And my point is this is a stupid ass argument. One that keeps coming up no matter how many times Michael says he was saving his voice, no matter how many want it all to be live they are going to have to deal with the fact that it wasnt and they are going to have to get used to it.

hmm ya know this isn't the only Michael jackson fan forum i visit. There are OTHERS out there.

And my point is this is a stupid ass argument. One that keeps coming up no matter how many times Michael says he was saving his voice, no matter how many want it all to be live they are going to have to deal with the fact that it wasnt and they are going to have to get used to it.

I have one thing to add. If the quote about using old material to fill in on Earth Song is true, it is NOT lip synching! If parts of the audio were not good enough on the live recording and they filled in with old material after the fact, that means that Michael was singing live and the audio wasn't good enough for the movie. Lip synching implies that he wasn't singing live at all in the rehersal, but was mouthing the words to a track. There is a difference. It makes sense that some of the recordings of the rehersals were not good quality since they weren't being recording for a movie but for personal use.

Why is there ONLY news of MJ not using real vocals for just a few times in REHEARSALS????? when he admits he's trying to conserve his voice for the real show?

But nobody is complaining.

Back