Michael Jackson fragrances?

4. Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker

35935117.jpg

that thing is NOT lovely. anything but.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Would buy an Mj cologne if i could.

Hmm, they didn't even try to find a new name for one of them..'Jackson's Legend' is likely to be confused with 'Legende de MJ' by those not in the know. Guesss thats not an accident.

Interestingly, an item on the website '123 people' is quoting a different name for the ladies perfume:

'These celebrity perfumes of a special kind are titled The Jacson Legend for Men and Timeless from Neverland for Women. They are part of a collection called Tribute to Michaël Jackson. The fragrances will launch on March 7th in Las Vegas with a host of celebrities in attendance, including Silvester Stallone and Janet Jackson.'

Versailles by Julian Rouas has reportedly already been sold in 300 000 copies in the US and was developed in association with the Osmothèque, according to the brand's website. Ensued a project to create perfumes inspired by the King of Pop. A contract was signed 10 days later on December 12th, 2010.

After that, it was a sprint to develop the fragrances on time for a spring 2011 launch. Grassois perfumer Joseph Rubino had to imagine the compositions based on accounts given by the family and materials and evocations sent from the United States such as unique combinations of flowers and scented objects from Neverland. For Timeless from Neverland, there were 18 tries, 5 final propositions. Sample 375 was felt by the nose to be the most susceptible to please Joe Jackson, and he was right, while the perfumer himself preferred sample 378, which Jackson senior decided to keep for a potential future perfume.
A fragrance for Sharon Stone is also apparently up in the air.'

http://www.123people.com/ext/frm?ti...hael_jackson_the.html&section=blog&wrt_id=262

Words actually fail me!
I wonder what the 'scented objects' were ...suggestions on a postcard please... (Essence of Elephant Enclosure, anyone?...sorry, those memorial booklet poses just got me mad)

Last edited:
myosotis;3199236 said:
Hmm, they didn't even try to find a new name for one of them..'Jackson's Legend' is likely to be confused with 'Legende de MJ' by those not in the know. Guesss thats not an accident.

Interestingly, an item on the website '123 people' is quoting a different name for the ladies perfume:

'These celebrity perfumes of a special kind are titled The Jacson Legend for Men and Timeless from Neverland for Women. They are part of a collection called Tribute to Michaël Jackson. The fragrances will launch on March 7th in Las Vegas with a host of celebrities in attendance, including Silvester Stallone and Janet Jackson.'

Versailles by Julian Rouas has reportedly already been sold in 300 000 copies in the US and was developed in association with the Osmothèque, according to the brand's website. Ensued a project to create perfumes inspired by the King of Pop. A contract was signed 10 days later on December 12th, 2010.

After that, it was a sprint to develop the fragrances on time for a spring 2011 launch. Grassois perfumer Joseph Rubino had to imagine the compositions based on accounts given by the family and materials and evocations sent from the United States such as unique combinations of flowers and scented objects from Neverland. For Timeless from Neverland, there were 18 tries, 5 final propositions. Sample 375 was felt by the nose to be the most susceptible to please Joe Jackson, and he was right, while the perfumer himself preferred sample 378, which Jackson senior decided to keep for a potential future perfume.
A fragrance for Sharon Stone is also apparently up in the air.'

http://www.123people.com/ext/frm?ti...hael_jackson_the.html&section=blog&wrt_id=262

:bugeyed

PaPa Joe is really smart this time not using "Michael Jackson" on the product. lol
Once again Joe is cashing in his dead son.
I really feel sorry for MJ. Poor guy is a cash machine to his Dad no matter dead or live.

I wonder who this product is actually aimed at...........

For one thing............99.9% of celebrity perfumes are absolute rubbish.........the only exception is Liz Taylor's (and I've never smelled MJ's early 90's ones).........

Usually it's the fans of the celebrity who buy the perfumes.........that's why they sometimes sell so well...................

But most MJ fans won't buy this..........and I doubt the family have any fans left (and that's if they actually had any fans.........only MJ's fans ever supported them in the past)...............

Now I'm not one to hope for the worst.............But I really do hope these schemes to make money from Michael's name and his fans do fail.............

I read that ROUAS has scammed alot of people out of alot of money. He is VERY SHADY PERSON. Joe Jackson shouldn't enter a business venture with a person who has bad reputation of scamming and in racketing (Do Jackson's investigate or do background check with whom they do business with?!?).

http://hubpages.com/hub/Scam-Artist-Julian-Rouas-Head-On-A-Pike

How this deal got so far, when there are reports that FBI is on watching this guy?

http://www.bizoppjunction.com/busin...as-fraud-perfume-scam-julian-rouas-paris.html

I read that ROUAS has scammed alot of people out of alot of money. He is VERY SHADY PERSON. Joe Jackson shouldn't enter a business venture with a person who has bad reputation of scamming and in racketing (Do Jackson's investigate or do background check with whom they do business with?!?).

How this deal got so far, when there are reports that FBI is on watching this guy?

http://www.bizoppjunction.com/busin...as-fraud-perfume-scam-julian-rouas-paris.html

All Joe sees is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Try to give this information to others, because you know that many fans will be tempted to buy the perfume. Thanks for the information.

btw here is a commercial of Michael's fragrance back in the early 90's

Oh God, is this was US TV commercials looked like in the early 90ies??? I.can't.I.just.can't. Bwahaha. Dangerously seductive? I think my favorite was the purple shadow women feelin' the stuff. :wild:

$29.99? Sounds like a bargain.

I remember this perfume when it came onto the market, although I remember another picture on the flacon, I think somebody posted that as well.

Oh God, is this was US TV commercials looked like in the early 90ies??? I.can't.I.just.can't. Bwahaha. Dangerously seductive? I think my favorite was the purple shadow women feelin' the stuff. :wild:

$29.99? Sounds like a bargain.

I remember this perfume when it came onto the market, although I remember another picture on the flacon, I think somebody posted that as well.

OH yum yum. You know I tried to order this on Amazon on Thursday night. It is not available, and they do not know if they will restock. Back then they should have did a campaign like Elizabeth's White Diamonds. Only selling it through this 1800 number limited the sales. Further, many people did not know about it. I still buy White Diamonds due to the original beautiful ad and it is in the major stores.

OH yum yum. You know I tried to order this on Amazon on Thursday night. It is not available, and they do not know if they will restock. Back then they should have did a campaign like Elizabeth's White Diamonds. Only selling it through this 1800 number limited the sales. Further, many people did not know about it. I still buy White Diamonds due to the original beautiful ad and it is in the major stores.

You know, I have always noticed that for years. It was never pulled off the shelves- so I am assuming that it must be still selling well.

(not like I need more perfume, I think I have every Chanel fragrance of the last few years stocked here. :bugeyed, and every Laura Biagiotti perfume that I ever fell in love with becomes cult- and then production stops. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRG. I just love perfumes, hm, nothing like a tiny dab bottle of Chanel.

Or this- I.WANT.IT.BACK.ON.THE.MARKET. (throws herself on the floor and pounds ground with hands and feet in a very mature manner!)
o.7768.jpg

Last edited:
Pace,you and I have something in common--scents. I have them in the bathrooms and bedroom. In fact, I am thinking of getting a special cabinet to put them all. I use perfume everyday whether I am at home or at work. I have moderate price ones and the expensive ones. People sometimes ask me which scent I have on, and I cannot say most times, because after a bath I reach for a bottle of something and squirt it on. I do not use Channel because it does not work excitingly with my chemistry. Also, I do not use the scents of artists post 1990.

I am hoping that Micahel's perfumes from the 90s come back, or if he was working on one before he died as someone hinted, I will definitely add them to my list. However, this new venture by Jo and company, I will pass up.

That's interesting about chemistry, Chanel works great with me for the most part, especially those of the last 10 years. Chance, Allure Sensuelle (OMGOMGOMG, why did they pull that one, too??) and most Laura Biagiotti fragrances.

I love some of the rarer 'stinkier' ones too, Bal a Versailles definitely falls into that category. Takes confidence to wear. Not everyone can pull of something like "Poison". I'm a faithful shopper at "The Perfumed Court", *whistle*, love that place!

That's interesting about chemistry, Chanel works great with me for the most part, especially those of the last 10 years. Chance, Allure Sensuelle (OMGOMGOMG, why did they pull that one, too??) and most Laura Biagiotti fragrances.

I love some of the rarer 'stinkier' ones too, Bal a Versailles definitely falls into that category. Takes confidence to wear. Not everyone can pull of something like "Poison". I'm a faithful shopper at "The Perfumed Court", *whistle*, love that place!

Oh oh, You should not mention Poison. Now I know our body chemistry is different. Poison is the one that most people find exciting on me and is my favorite. I only began using Bal last year, and place a tiny dab on because it is strong. We will both try that 90s perfume when we get our hands on it again and compare how it works for us. Next time you are in New York, go to the perfume counter at Bergdorf Goodman on Fifth Avenue. They have some that are only made for the store. I bought my first Tom Ford Black Orchid there. Now I know where your spare money goes!!!!

Gee I see we turned this thread into "Perfumes I Love."

All Joe sees is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Joe never deal with businessmen...only scammers. And the Jacksons have burned (scammed) so many people in the industry, no legit business person would want to deal with any of them.

That is why they only have scammers coming up with business proposals.

Look what happened to his business dealings with henry Vaccaro?? And MJ's estate is stuck with the problem now.

Joe & Katherine are the worst business people on the planet. They went through a fortune and nothing to show for it but 2 bankruptcy filings

Last edited:
I went on the guy's site, and well, take a look for yourselves: http://www.julianrouasparis.com/paris/jackson2.php

Apparently, a lot of people are very angry with him. There are all sorts of things going on about his company--that last year, he skipped town, that he wouldn't pay model girls for their time and work-related expenses, among other things. All in all, nothing good to say. That shot of him smiling with the memorial booklet in hand sent shivers down my spine--not a good sign at all. =/

While I love the concept of a Michael Jackson perfume, I would want nothing to do with something cooked up by Joe and this very shady-sounding Julian Rouas guy. So I'll be sticking to my Chanel, Burberry, Versace, Berdoues, Marina de Bourbon, Hugo Boss, Vera Wang, and Ed Hardy perfumes.

P.S.: That commercial was great!

wow fraud case against him? I would like to say that I'm surprised but I'm not. Unfortunately up to these point all Jackson business attempts have been with shady people.

Wow! :bugeyed

On another note, has anyone bought cologne made out of MJJ's DNA called M?
[youtube]O6dCI-GWjUE[/youtube]

On another note, has anyone bought cologne made out of MJJ's DNA called M?
[youtube]O6dCI-GWjUE[/youtube]

I don't think these are made 'out of' dna...it reads as if they 'translate' maybe an electrophoresis sample into a code which is then translated into a mix of fragrances..eg 1 = rose , 2 = sandalwood etc. so not really a dna perfume at all...dna has no scent. They also say in their advertising (weblink below) that they change the fragrance depending on whether it is for a man or a woman ( if you want the fragrance as a gift for a friend of the opposite sex, let us know).... not unique then. Just a lot of hype imho.

How is my DNA used to make my fragrance? is it a pheromone? What if my DNA smells bad?
My DNA Fragrance is not a pheromone enhanced fragrance and no claims have been made or will be made that it is. DNA has no odor, so it does not set the precedent for your natural scent nor does it control the smell of the fragrance you are creating. All My DNA Fragrances smell good. They are a mystical blend of fragrance notes formulated using your DNA genetic code, which outlines the blueprint for your exclusive fragrance formulation.

http://mydnafragrance.com/perfume/faqs-on-my-dna-fragrance.html

Last edited:
I don't think these are made 'out of' dna...it reads as if they 'translate' maybe an electrophoresis sample into a code which is then translated into a mix of fragrances..eg 1 = rose , 2 = sandalwood etc. so not really a dna perfume at all...dna has no scent. They also say in their advertising (weblink below) that they change the fragrance depending on whether it is for a man or a woman ( if you want the fragrance as a gift for a friend of the opposite sex, let us know).... not unique then. Just a lot of hype imho.

How is my DNA used to make my fragrance? is it a pheromone? What if my DNA smells bad?
My DNA Fragrance is not a pheromone enhanced fragrance and no claims have been made or will be made that it is. DNA has no odor, so it does not set the precedent for your natural scent nor does it control the smell of the fragrance you are creating. All My DNA Fragrances smell good. They are a mystical blend of fragrance notes formulated using your DNA genetic code, which outlines the blueprint for your exclusive fragrance formulation.

http://mydnafragrance.com/perfume/faqs-on-my-dna-fragrance.html

Thank you for the information, I have visited their website in 2009, and I might say it does look different now. In 2009 they advertised fragrances from a lot of celebrities from James Dean, Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson, etc. But now it looks total different. All the fragrances are out of stock, only Marilyn Monroe's is available. That is why I asked did any one order it.

I went on the guy's site, and well, take a look for yourselves: http://www.julianrouasparis.com/paris/jackson2.php

Apparently, a lot of people are very angry with him. There are all sorts of things going on about his company--that last year, he skipped town, that he wouldn't pay model girls for their time and work-related expenses, among other things. All in all, nothing good to say. That shot of him smiling with the memorial booklet in hand sent shivers down my spine--not a good sign at all. =/

While I love the concept of a Michael Jackson perfume, I would want nothing to do with something cooked up by Joe and this very shady-sounding Julian Rouas guy. So I'll be sticking to my Chanel, Burberry, Versace, Berdoues, Marina de Bourbon, Hugo Boss, Vera Wang, and Ed Hardy perfumes.

P.S.: That commercial was great!

Thanks for the link. They're using MJ's image to sell it.

Again.

Just let them make money from Michael's image.............

The more money they make from Michael's image => The more money the estate can sue them for!!!!!!!

Just let them make money from Michael's image.............

The more money they make from Michael's image => The more money the estate can sue them for!!!!!!!

^^thats a good one. I never even knew there was a Michael perform that was dna related. I will pass up on that one.

Interesting to look at some of the other products on this site. The VIP SPA collection anti-aging lotion appparently contains 2% botox, which as far as I can see may not be currently licensed for topical (on the skin as opposed to injected) application. (I stand to be corrected...)
Granted it may be organic, but I'm not sure I'd like this as a 'natural ingregient' in an anti-aging cream. I wonder what the other 'fine essential ingredients' that they don't mention are? Like the Neverland fragrance pics though , I guess its all good for hype.

Last edited:
Back