Michael Jackson "Dance" Game Unveiled

TSCM

Proud Member
http://mjjr.net/news-i304-6.html

Michael Jackson "Dance" Game Unveiled; Launches Friday

Michael Jackson's new online competition game, DANCE, has been unveiled and the official prize tournaments begin tomorrow, August 22, 2008. The game is graphically rich, and features digitized real-time motion capture graphics of a Michael Jackson impersonator, believed to be Navi. The gameplay is similar to the ever popular DDR, Guitar Hero, and Rock Band franchises. In the game, you must tap the appropriate arrow key at the right time to allow the Michael Jackson character to perform one of his signature dance moves in beat to the music. The music comes from Michael Jackson's back catalog of hits. Each level consists of a single song, and you must dance to the music and rake up as many points as possible to advance to the next level. If you perform enough perfect combos in a row, the Michael Jackson character does a special trademark dance move. Each level also places "Michael" in a new location, and there are three levels in total (Beat It, Billie Jean, Smooth Criminal).

20080821DANCE_a.jpg

"Starting Friday 22nd August you can add the Michael Jackson Dance application to Facebook, Bebo or MySpace. Players will compete for hourly, daily and overall prizes including King Of Pop iPod Nanos, a PS3 with 32" LCD TV and 2 round the world flights! Play the brand new Michael Jackson dance game for your chance to win a pair of around the world flights, plus hundreds of other prizes. You will be pitched against other players from all over the world in a battle to be crowned the ultimate champion of this fantastic new game." Full terms and conditions will be available tomorrow.

20080821DANCE_b.jpg

20080821DANCE_c.jpg

Check it out: http://dance.michaeljackson.com/

Source: MJJR.net / MichaelJackson.com

Last edited:
This is cool but how do you play the game? lol

Nevermind. I just saw that the game has it's own instructions

Last edited:
If you go on MichaelJackson.com you can play :wild: It didn't give me a score, but it was fun :clapping:

Thanks Jillie! Just played and got something like 60000 points! Not bad for a first try.. thats the beta version of the game so I am guessing there are going to be more songs and stuff added!

Edit: Scrap that, just got 80,000!

Last edited:
I hope people dont think the impersonator on the game is actually Michael, lol

That's really cute. That first pic looks like Navi :yes:

Last edited:
http://www.inthenews.co.uk/entertainment/music/michael-jackson-launches-social-networking-game-$1237525.htm

Michael Jackson launches social networking game

To promote his forthcoming King of Pop album, released on August 25th, Michael has launched a dance game application on Facebook, MySpace and Bebo allowing fans the chance to win a host of fantastic prizes.

The game will allow users to control Michael Jackson's dance moves as they aim to keep up with the steps during his tracks in a dance-mat style routine. Hand-and-eye co-ordination is the key to the game as arrows direct users to try and build up the biggest combo they can and see the King of Pop break out the trademark moves he made a worldwide phenomenon.

Prizes will be awarded for the highest hourly and daily scores, exclusive ringtones for hourly winners, and limited edition iPod Nanos for the daily winners.

The overall top five scorers from each social network will then move on to a secret extra level. This level will pit the players against each other as they aim to be the lucky recipient of two round the world plane tickets (for players aged 18 and over), or a Sony Bravia 32" TV and a Playstation 3 (for players aged under 18).

King of Pop, a greatest hits collection to honour the music legend's 50th birthday, will be released on August 25th, and fans were able to choose the tracklisting of his new album thanks to an exclusive deal.

In the first fan-driven album of its kind, Sony BMG partnered with GMTV and the Sun newspaper to give Jackson's UK fans the chance to vote for their favourite songs, with the top 18 forming the album's track listing.

Thanks Jillie! Just played and got something like 60000 points! Not bad for a first try.. thats the beta version of the game so I am guessing there are going to be more songs and stuff added!

Edit: Scrap that, just got 80,000!
There will only be these three levels in the official game, then a secret fourth for the top 5 (*cough*BAD*cough* ;))

25,100 :(

And the look of disapproval from Navi at the end of level three is too funny. I'm tryyyyiiiiiing :weeping: :lol:

The trick to part 3 is not only does it go really fast but it's easy to get distracted by the dancing Michael. :cute:

It's hard to play the game AND watch him dance. I LIKE! :shifty: *goes to play it again* :wild:

Thanks for posting.

omfreakin'g I just got the yell at the end of the supercombo on level one :jumpy:

Edit: 46,300 yay! And no "you suck" looks from Navi. LOL! That's enuf for tonight otherwise I'll never get anything done.

Great game!!! :yes:

Last edited:
hmmmm...sound really cool!!!!
I'd better not embarass myself though...

i cant concentrate on the arrows ... my eyes want to watch michael move :(

This game cool. I only got to the Smooth Criminal level and from there I can't seem to get past it. :(

But you know, it would have been so much better for Michael himself to simulate the moves as the character in the game lol! That looks like an impersonator instead of a full animation (which it is).

I really cannot to play this game.. it sounds like u guys r havin so much fun!
It really reminds of the time i used to play the moonwalker game!
Any of u remember that?

Hey its kinda cool!
But its kinda hard too! :D
but well i just keep on playing:)
the impersonator is def NAVI indeed:)

Back