Michael Jackson AEG Hearing

And I don't blame Katherine one bit. Wouldn't you if it was your son and you suspected foul play...?

Yes I know this is business(I used to work in accounts for a major label) but... they won't lose hardly any money by waiting for this tour to go ahead, he still has millions of fans regardless... they are capitalising on the general public's level of interest right now I know but it all seems so cold and heartless with Michael still not buried yet bless him. Whenever the tour would happen it would generate lots of interest as now Michael is in the same realms as Elvis and John Lennon.

This is purely my opinion and not based on fact but I feel as if AEG are pushing to seal the deal now before other things get leaked surrounding Michael's death, health tests etc...

As for MJ not being buried, AEG is not responsible for that. MJ should have been buried 2 months ago. It is almost sickening the family act as if it took 2 months to decide where to bury a man. Most people decide in 2 days.

AEG is also not responsible for MJ's death. The sooner fans and his family come to terms with that, the quicker the grieving process can move forward into acceptance.
MJ death put them in a bind. Does his death suck? Of course, but AEG is a business and they have to survive for years to come just like everyone else including MJ's estate. They lost alot of money including money they fronted to Mike and lost through ticket sales and merchandising.

Do we know exactly what AEG got? I don't think they have a license to his name and image at all. Do they own the rights to the footage? Don't they just get profit for a while?

As for MJ not being buried, AEG is not responsible for that. MJ should have been buried 2 months ago. It is almost sickening the family act as if it took 2 months to decide where to bury a man. Most people decide in 2 days.

AEG is also not responsible for MJ's death. The sooner fans and his family come to terms with that, the quicker the grieving process can move forward into acceptance.
MJ death put them in a bind. Does his death suck? Of course, but AEG is a business and they have to survive for years to come just like everyone else including MJ's estate. They lost alot of money including money they fronted to Mike and lost through ticket sales and merchandising.

We might have to agree to disagree :) As I can't see how they've lost 'lots' of money, they've prob still made 40% of ticket sales(random guess at somewhere in the region of due to the refund or ticket option and they got $60m for the rehearsal footage... yes they have had some outgoings already but they probably didn't hire the Staples center as they own it and so that leaves the memorial(est over $1m) crew, staff, dancers money... They 'may' have lost some money but not as much as they are making out I bet. I'm not being 100% emotional in this, I am fully aware of how the industry works from my past job in accounts at a major record label in London, doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Also I still think they'd make lots of money if they waited as he is now in the realms of Elvis and Lennon.

We might have to agree to disagree :) As I can't see how they've lost 'lots' of money, they've prob still made 40% of ticket sales(random guess at somewhere in the region of due to the refund or ticket option and they got $60m for the rehearsal footage... yes they have had some outgoings already but they probably didn't hire the Staples center as they own it and so that leaves the memorial(est over $1m) crew, staff, dancers money... They 'may' have lost some money but not as much as they are making out I bet. I'm not being 100% emotional in this, I am fully aware of how the industry works from my past job in accounts at a major record label in London, doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Also I still think they'd make lots of money if they waited as he is now in the realms of Elvis and Lennon.

The thing is, the estate will probably be better off with this rather than let AEG sue for what they lost from MJ not performing and the money they fronted to him without anything in return basically. They didn't get 60 million from the movie since the estate recoup 90% of the money. And its not as though AEG is profitting big time from these deals since the estate is getting the majority of the money in comparison.

This thing will not go Katherine's wasy at all, nothing will. It's like Sneddon and Melville

You have to remember that this is a judge who is friends with Branca and he will use his position to do his friend every favour to the detriment of the Jackson family.

If Michael was alive and was to see this, the court railing against his mother, favourite nephew and all that, he would have thought twice

That's the problem when people manipulate you and you think they are your friends.

I mean, memorabilia are Michael's private stuff. He fought that lawsuit and even settled, to prevent his items being put on public display or sold.

Branca obviously has no sensitivity to the family's feelings, it's not all about money in life. What is $6million when sesnitivities are overlooked?

Branca's senitivities are only money

AEG never had a deal or say in those things. Branca now gave AEG the memorabilia which had already been given to Katherine by the judge

And by the way, AEG cannot sue Michael's estate for loses because MJ did not tour, because Michael died in the hands of their doctor.
It's the reverse, MJ is the one who would sue.

Unfortunately from MJ, i have come to learn that anything which involves a judge ruling on him nowadays, is not about being in favour of him.
And that now extends to the family.

If the media are generally negative towards the Jacksons, then the attitude of the judge, a member of the public who reads media trashing Jacksons, will also be negative

How can Branca do a deal that allows AEG to own Michael's footage?

Michael owns all his songs, music videos, and now, his last production, the most valuable, has rights sold off to someone else?

I think the judge made the right ruling. The Jackson family is questioning every move that is being made by The Executors and AEG. But every time they do this, they are preventing the estate and Michal's children from making a living off of their dad's legacy. I understand what Taj is saying, but the reality is money needs to be made and in a timely manner for the sake of those children. It is there future that is on the line. There have a right to profit from their dad's wealth potential. And I am sure that this is what the executors are trying to do.

I get this feeling that Ms Katherine is gonna go against the executors no matter what they do.

I get her questioning things, but she really really hurts her credibility by letting it be known that known crooks like Leonard Rowe, Fred Moultrie and frickin Randy Jackson are advising her.

This thing will not go Katherine's wasy at all, nothing will. It's like Sneddon and Melville

You have to remember that this is a judge who is friends with Branca and he will use his position to do his friend every favour to the detriment of the Jackson family.

If Michael was alive and was to see this, the court railing against his mother, favourite nephew and all that, he would have thought twice

That's the problem when people manipulate you and you think they are your friends.

I mean, memorabilia are Michael's private stuff. He fought that lawsuit and even settled, to prevent his items being put on public display or sold.

Branca obviously has no sensitivity to the family's feelings, it's not all about money in life. What is $6million when sesnitivities are overlooked?

AEG never had a deal or say in those things. Branca now gave AEG the memorabilia which had already been given to Katherine by the judge

And by the way, AEG cannot sue Michael's estate for loses because MJ did not tour, because Michael died in the hands of their doctor.

Unfortunately from MJ, i have come to learn that anything which involves a judge ruling on him nowadays, is not about being in favour of him.

If the media are generally negative towards the Jacksons, then the attitude of the judge, a member of the public who reads media trashing Jacksons, will also be negative

Michael owns all his songs, music videos, and now, his last production, the most valuable, has rights sold off to someone else?

I am sorry, but your post really doesn't add up? I would ask you to further elaborate on the points you mention........with some facts or informed information.

1. Where are the facts that the judge and Branca are 'friends'? Since when? How do they know each other?

2. I don't see the court 'railing' against Katherine Jackson at all.......in fact, after calling for todays 'hearing' she was not even present in court? Her lawyers forced today's proceedings by demanding that 'people' in her camp be allowed to look at confidential documents because those people would be testifying today and needed the information......i.e. Randy Jackson and Rowe.....neither were present in court today.

3. the memorabilia was not 'already given' to Katherine Jackson at all. The only thing the lawsuit that MJ had earlier this year did was stop THE SALE of the things that were to go to sale. Those things along with everything else is property of the ESTATE, not Katherine Jackson. Like it or not, agree or not, this is the fact.

4. I have not seen anything that says Michael Jackson owns the footage shot at the TII rehearsals. It was shot by AEG, not MJJ Productions or Michael Jackson's personal videographer, as far as I've read.

5. Do you really think a judge is swayed by "the sun" or "the mirror" or "news of the world" or other tabloid information?..........HE HAS FACTS that we do not.

6. Taj said some beautiful stuff today about his uncle, whom I have no doubt he loved and was close to.....however, he offered no alternative suggestion as to what should be done in terms of a traveling exhibit, which IS what today's court session was about. In fact, the only thing mentioned by Katherine Jackson's lawyers today as an alternative company to AEG facilitating the exhibit was "a start up company from the middle east"?

7. Branca can do a deal with AEG because he is an executor of the estate.

Anger, disgust at the system, sadness, confusion, etc is fine and indeed healthy, I agree. But, really..........we should try and be a bit more realistic and focused, IMO.

Originally Posted by rsw22

Exactly this is all staged for the m.asses;it's a done deal. Michael does all the work( slowly planning projects and carefully putting things back together) for the last 4 years of his life. They murder him and now SONY, AEG and "The fixer" Branca(SONY) will make all the money. As for Kline and Murray Their secret accounts are waiting once the Police closes the case; and they will. The Media and thier shills are happy with this end of a script they wrote themselves. Jackson fans will remain mindless and buy everything even from the folks whom killed him and steal from his family(as long as they get "their" new songs) I will not buy any thing else. I supported Micheal when he was alive and "broke" and or "cash poor"( while being 50% OWNER of the $4-$8 billion dollar SONY Music Publishing) yet now that he's dead the Media is reporting his estate will earn as much as $200 million this year alone!!!!!!

This was the plan all of the Jackson "friends" are apart of this.
Just look at his "friend" Mark Lester(the Media's newest whore)
This makes me sick.

I've read in some articles that the estate owns the TII footage rights. But AEG shot the movies. the estate will receive 90% of the revenue and AEG 10%

Okay Watch what's going to happen. They are about to sell everything. They are about to disassemble Michael's Legacy. If Michael no longer own it, then its no longer his legacy. They are getting lower than low now.

I am sorry, but your post really doesn't add up? I would ask you to further elaborate on the points you mention........with some facts or informed information.

1. Where are the facts that the judge and Branca are 'friends'? Since when? How do they know each other?

2. I don't see the court 'railing' against Katherine Jackson at all.......in fact, after calling for todays 'hearing' she was not even present in court? Her lawyers forced today's proceedings by demanding that 'people' in her camp be allowed to look at confidential documents because those people would be testifying today and needed the information......i.e. Randy Jackson and Rowe.....neither were present in court today.

3. the memorabilia was not 'already given' to Katherine Jackson at all. The only thing the lawsuit that MJ had earlier this year did was stop THE SALE of the things that were to go to sale. Those things along with everything else is property of the ESTATE, not Katherine Jackson. Like it or not, agree or not, this is the fact.

4. I have not seen anything that says Michael Jackson owns the footage shot at the TII rehearsals. It was shot by AEG, not MJJ Productions or Michael Jackson's personal videographer, as far as I've read.

5. Do you really think a judge is swayed by "the sun" or "the mirror" or "news of the world" or other tabloid information?..........HE HAS FACTS that we do not.

6. Taj said some beautiful stuff today about his uncle, whom I have no doubt he loved and was close to.....however, he offered no alternative suggestion as to what should be done in terms of a traveling exhibit, which IS what today's court session was about. In fact, the only thing mentioned by Katherine Jackson's lawyers today as an alternative company to AEG facilitating the exhibit was "a start up company from the middle east"?

7. Branca can do a deal with AEG because he is an executor of the estate.

Anger, disgust at the system, sadness, confusion, etc is fine and indeed healthy, I agree. But, really..........we should try and be a bit more realistic and focused, IMO.

So basically you are saying that this guy has the power to sell everything that belongs to MJ. Please correct me if I am wrong. Cause you have really blown my mind with this one.

And you are okay with this?

Exactly this is all staged for the m.asses;it's a done deal. Michael does all the work( slowly planning projects and carefully putting things back together) for the last 4 years of his life. They murder him and now SONY, AEG and "The fixer" Branca(SONY) will make all the money. As for Kline and Murray Their secret accounts are waiting once the Police closes the case; and they will. The Media and thier shills are happy with this end of a script they wrote themselves. Jackson fans will remain mindless and buy everything even from the folks whom killed him and steal from his family(as long as they get "their" new songs) I will not buy any thing else. I supported Micheal when he was alive and "broke" and or "cash poor"( while being 50% OWNER of the $4-$8 billion dollar SONY Music Publishing) yet now that he's dead the Media is reporting his estate will earn as much as $200 million this year alone!!!!!!

This was the plan all of the Jackson "friends" are apart of this.
Just look at his "friend" Mark Lester(the Media's newest whore)
This makes me sick.

BRAVO! BRAVO!

You hit the nail on the head.

I will never give my money to anyone who had anything to do with the murder of Michael Jackson. (((((((NEVER!!!!!!!!!))))))) :shout:

I've read in some articles that the estate owns the TII footage rights. But AEG shot the movies. the estate will receive 90% of the revenue and AEG 10%

Oh that was just a butter up. But know watch them.

Watch who makes all the money of this.

Sony & AEG

AEG 60 mil

Sony (No telling how much they will make off the movie)

AEG again, 3mil

Watch whose next bet ya it will be Sony (Let's not forget about the catalog, who you think his going to sell that to.)

They really think we are stupid!

that sounds more reasonable
50/50 is so wrong...

This is all messed up.

Why would AEG be entitled to anything these are Michael's belongings.

What would make them think they are entitled to half of the profits. I don't get it.

Will it be something like a museum exhibit in an actual museum?

This is all messed up.

Why would AEG be entitled to anything these are Michael's belongings.

What would make them think they are entitled to half of the profits. I don't get it.

Will it be something like a museum exhibit in an actual museum?

That's what I don't understand too....what exactly does it have to do with AEG? :unsure:

I'm a little lost...they want half of the entire memorabilia tour revenue? not just what comes from the TII footage?

ok so the memoriabilia tour is just them showing offmj's stuff...six to four months per city for two yrs. they d on't sell his stuff, it's just like they did for julien's in la, where fans could see his stuff.

they cannot sell teh atv

and if mj never intended to live at nvr again, he was certainly gonna use it for something. he never made it known that he didn't want to display his stuff, he just didn't want to sell it anymore. so a museum would seem prudent. maybe that's what's to come in the future

I fail to understand why AEG is involved in anything other than concert rehearsal footage, i.e. a film, and perhaps products they had prepared in conjunction with the concerts. I don't see how they could have any claim whatsoever to any of Michael's memorabilia/profit from a touring exhibition. Unless there is somehow a connection between AEG and the executors of the estate? (Some sort of informal connection having to do with profits. . .)

Working with AEG was recent for Michael. He apparently signed on to do concerts. So WHY are they so involved with the estate beyond those concerts and the film? Makes no sense. . . . . .

cuz they had his ass on lock for three yrs. and note, this mem. tour will be for two yrs.

y can't katherine's people ask that question? i think the estate sees that aeg has connections, they're a big company, so y scrap them and go w/ someone else that'll end up taking longer and we need to 'strike while the iron is hot'?

Ok i have read all of this and i really dont understand wat AEG has to do with michaels life,thay was only in the jackson life for this tour i think?so why should thay have a say so about it all,im so angery seeing red very very quickly,i think thay have a bloody cheek(wanted to use other words but there r young ppl on here and i respect that)A big Grrrrr Arrrrg thats all i can say lost for words to be honest :-( x

So basically you are saying that this guy has the power to sell everything that belongs to MJ. Please correct me if I am wrong. Cause you have really blown my mind with this one.

And you are okay with this?

I def need to correct your thought that I think Branca can SELL anything/everything....I never said that. I think everyone should really read others thoughts with care....I'd love to know how you deducted that from what I said?

And, I am NOT okay with ANYTHING that has/is happening. are you kidding me....I think the whole situation is overwhelmingly sad. But, I was responding to the previous post with some realistic information. I mean, just saying that "You have to remember that this is a judge who is friends with Branca and he will use his position to do his friend every favour to the detriment of the Jackson family.", as the previous poster did, seems to me an emotional statement that needs clarification and proof.

I don't see why everyone is seeing that anyone involved in the court session yesterday said that AEG is selling the memorabilia for the exhibit. They are the company that will facilitate the exhibits...........I don't see how this translates into them 'owning' the stuff, or selling the stuff. Those things are property of the estate...not AEG, and I don't belileve anything that happened at court yesterday changes that.

I said "Branca can do a deal (AND that deal is a traveling exhibit, NOT a sale) because he is an executor for the estate". That is just a fact about how estates and trustees work, not an opinion of mine regarding what Branca has a right to personally.

I can't say for sure whether or not I PERSONALLY am "okay" with the deal that will see a traveling exhibit (And, please remember that THIS is what my post is about) because I DON'T KNOW really anything about the specifics of deal.

Don't see how I blew your mind...cause I really didn't say anything revolutionary or strange. I am only stating what was happening in terms of an exhibit of memorabilia, and the court session regarding it. I said nothing about what "I think" Branca has rights to?

Actually, Branca CAN do pretty much what he wants, as it stands now. (That was the way upon my mother's death, when her . .tiny. . . estate had an executor. They sold her HOUSE, and my wishes didn't matter!) The decisions lie with the executors. Their goal seems to be to make the maximum in money. The more the estate draws in, the more they get, because they get a percentage of money earned. That might not align with the family's wishes to SLOW DOWN, grieve in peace, and so on. There is no need for Michael's stuff to go on tour right now, and I actually find it opportunistic and disrespectful. His legacy will continue for centuries.

I dont really care to see a tour of Michaels belongings, and Im put off all the more knowing that AEG get something out of it.

vic, trish said two things cannot be touched. the children's trust and the atv. per mj, he had it set up that way.

and if there was truly a conflict of interest between branca and the judge, katherine could ask for a new judge. she hasn't which means tehre's no proof to back that statement

I def need to correct your thought that I think Branca can SELL anything/everything....I never said that. I think everyone should really read others thoughts with care....I'd love to know how you deducted that from what I said?

And, I am NOT okay with ANYTHING that has/is happening. are you kidding me....I think the whole situation is overwhelmingly sad. But, I was responding to the previous post with some realistic information. I mean, just saying that "You have to remember that this is a judge who is friends with Branca and he will use his position to do his friend every favour to the detriment of the Jackson family.", as the previous poster did, seems to me an emotional statement that needs clarification and proof.

I don't see why everyone is seeing that anyone involved in the court session yesterday said that AEG is selling the memorabilia for the exhibit. They are the company that will facilitate the exhibits...........I don't see how this translates into them 'owning' the stuff, or selling the stuff. Those things are property of the estate...not AEG, and I don't belileve anything that happened at court yesterday changes that.

I said "Branca can do a deal (AND that deal is a traveling exhibit, NOT a sale) because he is an executor for the estate". That is just a fact about how estates and trustees work, not an opinion of mine regarding what Branca has a right to personally.

I can't say for sure whether or not I PERSONALLY am "okay" with the deal that will see a traveling exhibit (And, please remember that THIS is what my post is about) because I DON'T KNOW really anything about the specifics of deal.

Don't see how I blew your mind...cause I really didn't say anything revolutionary or strange. I am only stating what was happening in terms of an exhibit of memorabilia, and the court session regarding it. I said nothing about what "I think" Branca has rights to?

Sorry if I came off an this way, but this post made a light bulb come on in my head.

And yes I realize the MJ's stuff will only be on display and this is how the profit will be made.

But, my question is.

Does he have the power to sell everything Michael owns?

Vic already answered this question for me.

Yes this blows my mind. Everything is really becoming much clearer to me now.

Actually, Branca CAN do pretty much what he wants, as it stands now. (That was the way upon my mother's death, when her . .tiny. . . estate had an executor. They sold her HOUSE, and my wishes didn't matter!) The decisions lie with the executors. Their goal seems to be to make the maximum in money. The more the estate draws in, the more they get, because they get a percentage of money earned. That might not align with the family's wishes to SLOW DOWN, grieve in peace, and so on. There is no need for Michael's stuff to go on tour right now, and I actually find it opportunistic and disrespectful. His legacy will continue for centuries.
they can't touch the atv. aside from mj making that untouchable in his will, there is no benefit for the kids that way. this is a guaranteed $75M asset so there's no way to justify selling it. it's the one thing, aside from their father's name and legacy, that will garner money for the estate.

everyone is going w/ the assumption that the reason everything mj is selling is b/c it's a hot commodity NOW and that it will fade off after time. elvis has always been a top seller, kurt cobain as well. so i don't know y they r putting the rush on things.

the aeg connection is that other companies are approaching them w/ mj ideas and they want to work thru aeg so if the estate wants to capitalize on those projects, they have to work w/ aeg

i,m really confussed over all of this.
i'm from the UK and we are not getting any real news over here of whats going on so i am relying on TMZ and other American news sites.
how credibly are there news channels and should i be believing any of what i'm reading?
MJJTATTOOS007-1-1.jpg

Back