Michael Doesn't Like The Remixes On Blood On The Dance Floor!!!

there you go..that's what it was.

Yep.
It was definately a Sony idea, but when they consulted with Mike and will.i.am about it and they said "no" I guess they came to a middle ground. I dont know, but I would guess that Mike thought it be better to compromise and do re-makes and actually have input himself, rather than just be stubborn with Sony and let them run the whole thing. It turned out well. Its the 5th biggest album this year with over 2 million copies, which is more than Mariah Carey's new album which had mega promo and has had 3 singles all with videos so far, live performances, interviews and the whole thing.

But yeah, thats all irrelivant to this thread. He will never take Sony's word again I have no doubt. They used the "kids love remixes" to totally sell Mike on the Blood On The Dance Floor concept. And while the album sold EXTREMELY well, thats not what really matters in the end. Its whether or not Michael is happy with it, because it is HIS art. If he is not happy with them then I feel for him.

I feel that it is an interesting concept to release remixes of the originals...It gives the audience an opportunity to see/hear the different creations that an Artist can get simply by utilizing their funk...

I enjoy the whole album/cd of "Blood On The Dance Floor"...my favorites are Blood On The Dance Floor, You Are Not Alone (love the piano, thank you Mr.Jackson), and HIStory...

Giggles~~~

Knowledge Is Growth~~~"Education Is The Key"

i dislike all the remixes from BODTF except History which I think is better than the original one. The rest sucks imo. The five new songs are some of his best songs, pure class.

You all are missing the one point. It is true that Sony wanted a remix album and Michael was hurrying (at the same time touring) to release a studio album instead. But why they came into the decision of the final BOTDF product was that there were 5 songs preventing it being a single release. With not enough new material it would have been a single. (Let's say the single of "Blood On The Dance Floor" for example.) And Michael wanted it to be an album so that's why it's a disc like that.

I always wondered why on earth they put there remixes of songs that haven't been released as a single and that made me wonder Michael and Sony might have opinion differences. It could have been better but in the end it was ok. Some of those remixes could have been better but it's definitely one of the best remix albums you can get with that money or maybe even the best.

P.S. And HIStory released as a remix (only; not the original version in the first place at all) is one of the weirdest things I've met with Michael. I don't know so many songs that would have been released only as a remix.

Last edited:
what are you talking about.:mello: Michael said he didn't like the BOTDF mixes. He didn't say to Hel* with all remixes. He didn't say lets have a remix burning. So him buying someone ELSEs remixed music has nothing to do with him not liking for others to remix his OWN music. Also you don't even know why he bought that music so um...:doh:
I was responding to someone else who said MJ disliked ALL remixes. It wasn't about BOTDF.

Aside from Scream Louder, I absolutely hate the remixes on BOTDF. They are garbage. It's 2bad MJ didn't make that into a Special Edition release in 2001 with the other albums, and replace the remixes with rare stuff.

I always felt that the remixes forgot what the point of the song was...it lost what made it what it was...:sad:

The 5 songs were outtakes anyway.

Blood on The Dancefloor-from Dangerous
Superfly Sister-from Dangerous
Morphine-from HIStory
Ghosts and Is It Scary- I think these were new

The 5 songs were outtakes anyway.

Blood on The Dancefloor-from Dangerous
Superfly Sister-from Dangerous
Morphine-from HIStory
Ghosts and Is It Scary- I think these were new

both Ghosts and Is It Scary were initially meant for the Addams movie in early 90s and both were considered for HIStory, so nothing was developed intentionally for the remix album.

i don't like that remixes either.i listen to them once and never again!the original songs are so pretty that you can not perfect that!

I think Michael has let it be known that he doesn't like remixes since the Dangerous era most of his B Sides, and 12'' singles had DJ remixes.

I don't like any of the remixes on Blood On the Dance Floor, though the remix if Scream is cool as it samples the music from Sly & The Family Stone (who's songs are owned by Michael). There are a couple of good remixes of Jam and In The Closet from the 1992 12" remix singles.

I think Michael allows his music to be remixed to be played in clubs and dance music radio stations etc, but I think his songs are more than good enough (well much better than the remixes) to get people in clubs dancing. I remember when They Don't Care About Us and Stranger In Moscow were released as a singles, and only the remixes of them were played on the radio. I hated those remixes, and even though both of those songs reached around No.4 and 5 in the UK singles charts, I'm sure they would have been No.1 or 2 if the original Michael Jackson compositions were played on the radio. Because those singles only had the remixes played on the radio, those songs are the classics they should be, as they are among the best songs Michael has ever written, composed and produced.

I always felt that the remixes forgot what the point of the song was...it lost what made it what it was...:sad:

Remixes can be good. In the 80s they were more creative. Now it's just some soundalike house or techno stuff.

omg u serious? i loved them!
Altough i do perfer the proper version of songs.

Remixes can be good. In the 80s they were more creative. Now it's just some soundalike house or techno stuff.

The main reason why all remixes nowdays has a house thing to them is cause they are made to fit dancefloors to promote the artist really. Remixers rarely get to create something new and unique of a song that already has an audience (and trust me, depending on which song you remix, making it to something new and original while preserving the context of the original track is not the easiest thing to do.) So creativity is not the issue, it's what the labels are willing to release..

One great rule thou is to never remix a track if you know that you can't make it as good or better than the original..

I always got the impression that MJ wanted some remixes seeing how they were on one of his new albums? lol

Also on the History 2 video compilation, it has the Wyclef remix to Blood On The Dance Floor, not the regular version. I assume MJ had control over what videos were put on. Neither 1 or 2 has the "She's Out Of My Life", "Dirty Diana" or "Another Part Of Me" videos, so he must have not wanted them on there.
She's Out of my Life is like a missing music video. Everytime there is an MJ video marathon on TV, they never show the video. I don't know why. Maybe MJ doesn't want it shown for some reason.

Back