Michael Doesn't Like The Remixes On Blood On The Dance Floor!!!

No, J-Lo remix album is still not outsold "BOTDF/HITM".

Also, Jackson did not say he wanted to release those five songs from the album as standalone product (without remixes). Thus it was probably more other way around: ER/SME said they want remix album and if Michael had some songs to add there for higher sales. So he gave those songs (not to say he did not want to release them, of course).

No, J-Lo remix album is still not outsold "BOTDF/HITM".

Also, Jackson did not say he wanted to release those five songs from the album as standalone product (without remixes). Thus it was probably more other way around: ER/SME said they want remix album and if Michael had some songs to add there for higher sales. So he gave those songs (not to say he did not want to release them, of course).

sounds like u r saying they put words in his mouth.

By the way, the interview that mentioned here was held by Christophe Boulme of Captain Eo Productions, a French company that published focused on Michael "Black&White" magazine, as well as "HIStory" magazine (back in 1995/1996).

[URL="http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/member.php?u=10447" said:
vncwilliam[/URL]]sounds like u r saying they put words in his mouth.

Which words? Jackson did not say anything ER/SME would want him to say; quite contrary, he basically said he never wanted to release "BOTDF/HITM". The same story as he did not want to release "HIStory", dragging this project for like seven years before it was actually done.

Last edited:
I do...I think they are absolutely fabulous...

Heal The World~~~"Education Is The Key"

IDK why Mike O.K'd the 'Beat It' remix on T25.. lol!

I'm glad to know he had no part in creating that remix though.. ha ha!

Last edited:
Which words? Jackson did not say anything ER/SME would want him to say; quite contrary, he basically said he never wanted to release "BOTDF/HITM". The same story as he did not want to release "HIStory", dragging this project for like seven years before it was actually done.

what i am saying is he never said he wanted remixes. obviously they parted ways..so..they mistreated him.

IDK why Mike O.K'd the 'Beat It' remix on T25.. lol!

I'm glad to know he had no part in creating that remix though.. ha ha!

I think he only okayed the Akon song because he was on it. :lol: And the Will tracks 'cause they were/are/or are they working together.

Kanye and Fergie were probably Sony's ideas anyway.

I think he really don't like any remix of his songs....
If I remember well....it was written on moonwalk.....

MJ doesnt like ANY remixes not just the BOTDF mixes. MJ feels remixes take something away from the original track. This isnt new news either BTW.

If he hates remixes so much.. and let people mess with HIStory, why oh why would he let people touch Thriller?

I love all the remixes on BOTDF.. not so keen on Thriller.. but then again, the style is completely different.

I remember in the 80s, some magazine wrote that he purchased a Pet Shop Boys remix album. If he doesn't care for remixes, why buy this?

yeah i saw that interview and most of them were forgettable especially when compared to the remixes on the dangerous project.

I liked 2 Bad & Scream. I don't remember the others, so they must have not been that interesting, lol. I generally don't like house music anyway, except for a few songs.

I like the BOTDF remixes better than the Thriller ones. Goodness, don't even get me started... :lol:

I'm sure Michael doesn't dislike remixes to the point where he won't even listen to one. Based on one's opinion, sometimes the remix is better than the original. That's never been the case for me with a Michael Jackson song, but I can't say I'm too fond of many remixed MJ songs.

Last edited:
Also on the History 2 video compilation, it has the Wyclef remix to Blood On The Dance Floor, not the regular version. I assume MJ had control over what videos were put on. Neither 1 or 2 has the "She's Out Of My Life", "Dirty Diana" or "Another Part Of Me" videos, so he must have not wanted them on there.

Also on the History 2 video compilation, it has the Wyclef remix to Blood On The Dance Floor, not the regular version. I assume MJ had control over what videos were put on. Neither 1 or 2 has the "She's Out Of My Life", "Dirty Diana" or "Another Part Of Me" videos, so he must have not wanted them on there.

What's wrong with him? :huh:

:rofl:

i think Mike may have had a hand in the Wyclef and Jam mixes (or his 'blessing' maybe) - since according to Wyclef he has met and seen MJ in the studio.

the remaining Dance/House mixes were most probably commissioned purely by Sony.

Aww michael....I love love love love love the HIStory remix. THat joint is HOT 2bad is good to. earth song and stranger in moscow is good to. The only think is that they are too long.

Also remixes aren't made to be BETTER in then the original. It's just having fun mixing up a great song. I don't really see the harm IF it's done RIGHT.

And the T-25 remixes...well will.i.am's are HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT.
I can understand where michael is coming from. A lot of times in life you don't want to do something or don't really like something but end up doing or going along with something for various reason.

But All I can say that HIStory Is FIRE! I love that mix.

In an interview from 1998, Michael confirmed he didn't really like the remixes on Blood On the Dance Floor, as he didn't appreciate other producers altering his work. But his record company told him kids love remixes. :smilerolleyes:.

Source: For The Record.

I remember in the 80s, some magazine wrote that he purchased a Pet Shop Boys remix album. If he doesn't care for remixes, why buy this?
what are you talking about.:mello: Michael said he didn't like the BOTDF mixes. He didn't say to Hel* with all remixes. He didn't say lets have a remix burning. So him buying someone ELSEs remixed music has nothing to do with him not liking for others to remix his OWN music. Also you don't even know why he bought that music so um...:doh:

yeah. mj was personally involved there. those are wonderful!:)
So true. Even still (there is a possibility) he may not have like them but went along with it like he did before (with botdf) for reasons WE DO NOT know. ( I do think he liked will's mixes)
Also he may have been saying (regarding botdf) that he does NOT like when ppl alter his work but left out what he was really thinking. "when it sucks. lol"

But yeah at least he did have something to do with T-25 vnc.:yes:

if he didn't like those then he might think the Thriller ones are as aweful as they go!

As you know the thriller 25 ones arent remixes

Sony actually ASKED will.i.am and Michael to remix the original thriller songs for the release, and they both said no. There is an interview, I cant remember if its video or audio or what it is, but it is will.i.am explaining it. He said Sony proposed they make some remixes and will.i.am's opinion straight away was that it was a dumb idea because will.i.am hates remixes, especially with music like Michael's which shouldn't be messed with. They finally agree on re MAKING the songs, for which Michael was actually involved in (unlike Blood On The Dance Floor mixes)

As you know the thriller 25 ones arent remixes

Sony actually ASKED will.i.am and Michael to remix the original thriller songs for the release, and they both said no. There is an interview, I cant remember if its video or audio or what it is, but it is will.i.am explaining it. He said Sony proposed they make some remixes and will.i.am's opinion straight away was that it was a dumb idea because will.i.am hates remixes, especially with music like Michael's which shouldn't be messed with. They finally agree on re MAKING the songs, for which Michael was actually involved in (unlike Blood On The Dance Floor mixes)

there you go..that's what it was.

Back