Michael Doesn't Like The Remixes On Blood On The Dance Floor!!!

smoothcriminal12

Proud Member
In an interview from 1998, Michael confirmed he didn't really like the remixes on Blood On the Dance Floor, as he didn't appreciate other producers altering his work. But his record company told him kids love remixes. :smilerolleyes:.

Source: For The Record.

Why did he still chose to have them on the record then if he didn't like them lol

yeah i remember this. he wanted to wait longer and put out a brand new album but sony wanted BOTDF out so he could perform the single and the tour could help sales of the record. and yeah, he said he only released remixes coz sony told him kids love remixes. i dont mind the remixes but by the way the first 5 songs on there sounded, a new album after HIStory tour ended would have been VERY interesting:) His 5 new songs on Blood were class.

those remixes were terrible. The whole BOTDF project should not have been released

yeah i remember this. he wanted to wait longer and put out a brand new album but sony wanted BOTDF out so he could perform the single and the tour could help sales of the record. and yeah, he said he only released remixes coz sony told him kids love remixes. i dont mind the remixes but by the way the first 5 songs on there sounded, a new album after HIStory tour ended would have been VERY interesting:) His 5 new songs on Blood were class.

True! its a shame that sony wanted that...
I would love to see some more songs from blood! they rock!

any idea what interview this was? cus i dont remember reading/hearing this, so would be interested in doing so.

yeah i remember this. he wanted to wait longer and put out a brand new album but sony wanted BOTDF out so he could perform the single and the tour could help sales of the record.

Actually, MJ wanted to release the 5 "new" songs on their own, as an EP. It is true he didn't want the remixes, but then, he didn't want to release a full album anyway.

Never was too keen on the remixes myself. They do sound like an altered version of Michael's songs.

Too bad, the 5 new songs from BOTDF were kickass :(

if he didn't like those then he might think the Thriller ones are as aweful as they go!

Oh I remember this. :lol: Yeah, he does not like the remixes.

Wow, I'm learnin' new stuff everyday :lol: I loved the Flye Tyme Scream remix though.

well knowing BLOOD ON THE DANCE FLOOR is the largest selling remix album in history is ok with me...

So the KOP doesn't like the BOTDF remixes, huh? Interesting...

i agree with the king they suck. the og's are much better but i like the new songs on the album.

And Michael was sued by Syl Thompson last December/January for one of these remixes because it sampled one of his songs, allegedly without permission/royalties.

Last edited:
And Michael was sued by Syl Thompson last December/January for one of these remixes because it sampled one of his songs, allegedly without permission/royalties.

i can understand why mj doesn't like mixing it up with unestablished people then. because a lawsuit always ensues

the kids love the remixes? lol, what about the lifetime fans sony, were they just to be ignored for a whole album? (minus 5 songs)

Back