Michael and Whitney? Really David?

David Gest talks a load of rubbish. He has said before that he had a maid called Vaginica Semen, and that both his mother (who he claims was a Vietnamese nun) and father had only one leg each.

This was just a joke, he was winding his campmates up when he appeared in I'm A Celebrity.

It would appear that Whitney did say that she wanted to marry Michael, as for the kiss, who knows. But there really is no need for him to mention any of this in an interview about Whitney.

Dang! David Gest is living proof that you don't have to be a woman to be a gossiping bird!

I can't believe these threads...:ermm:

Are we a Whitney fan board now?

Well let me explain - I didn't post this in the News section, but it has since been moved here from Michaelmania. Not my fault.

Also, I thought it might make a fun light-hearted discussion topic amidst all the chatter over Tohme and other serious legal matters, and the current dry spell.

Considering all the plutonium grade vilification that other 'friends' and 'business acquaintances' have piled on mj, this seems pretty harmless and kinda cute. David is just being david - he's such a name dropper.

Re: David Gest Says: Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson shared passionate kiss

The picture they chose made lol :p Not sure what to believe but the thought of this being true made me smile :)
Same here. I think its a cute story and may be true, may not, who cares its harmless . I dont know why some people are getting worked up about it, we talk about other celebs whenever they are tied to Michael but a discussion of Michael and Whitney or just whitney in general and some are getting worked up..okayyyy guys :ermm: and thanks MsCassieMollie, I thought I saw Whitney herself referring to this marriage topic somewhere on a doc. She may have been joking but it just shows that David didn't pull all of it out of nowhere. But yeah the thought of Michael and Whitney together makes me smile too, that would be soo cute :wub: looks like we'll never know for sure now.

Last edited:
As harmless as this is, it's still just tacky to come out with this now.

Same here. I think its a cute story and may be true, may not, who cares its harmless . I dont know why some people are getting worked up about it, we talk about other celebs whenever they are tied to Michael but a discussion of Michael and Whitney or just whitney in general and some are getting worked up..okayyyy guys :ermm: and thanks MsCassieMollie, I thought I saw Whitney herself referring to this marriage topic somewhere on a doc. She may have been joking but it just shows that David didn't pull all of it out of nowhere. But yeah the thought of Michael and Whitney together makes me smile too, that would be soo cute :wub: looks like we'll never know for sure now.

Yes thank you! i really dont see anything wrong with this article. and these reactions are confusing me. The article is sweet and like u said hes not pulling this from nowhere because we learned this in his docu coming from Whitney's own mouth that he invited her over to his home for dinner and she also mentioned that she wanted to marry Michael...its cute. This story doesnt bother me at all.

Yes thank you! i really dont see anything wrong with this article. and these reactions are confusing me. The article is sweet and like u said hes not pulling this from nowhere because we learned this in his docu coming from Whitney's own mouth that he invited her over to his home for dinner and she also mentioned that she wanted to marry Michael...its cute. This story doesnt bother me at all.

I thought the story was cute too when I first read it...the reactions here surprised me...

I thought the story was cute too when I first read it...the reactions here surprised me...
I can't figure out what's so objectionable about a cute little story about Michael kissing a beautiful woman and her wanting to marry him.

Even though David gets a major :smilerolleyes: from me normally, I do think this story is cute as well. I always thought the Bubbles story was cute. When Whitney said she thought it was Michael on her toes, my first thought was why she didn't think, "What in the world is wrong with Michael! Get off of my toes!" but she thought of it positively. :naughty: :naughty:

So my guess is they probably did have some feelings for each other. Now, whether it was passion, I don't know. But they apparently spoke about the hardships of the industry and had a comraderie in that regard. Who knows! :lol:

It makes me smile. :)

I agree I think it's a harmless story. At the end of the day we are only talking about one smooch, all I can say is IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME. And what's wrong with Whitney wanting to marry Michael anyway?

I was grinning, don't see would could induce such wrath. If Whitney assumed that was Michael doting on her toes... and it was Bubbles instead... I just take that as 'progression', or great story.
Do I think "passionate kiss" and 'too shy' don't go together? :rofl: Yeah, kind of. Cute story nonetheless.

From the Gest doc:Whitney: "I really wanted to marry Michael and you [David Gest] were in the way all the time, so that's why."David: "He should've married you."Whitney: "Yeah he damn well should've, right."David: "I love you so much."Whitney: "I love you, too."
I think they were mucking round there

Cute story. Who knows why people end up with the ones they do. Why she ended up with the likes of Bobby Brown and not MJ (or someone like MJ) is beyond me.

I dont care how cute it may sound. David Gest constantly sells these exagerated stories about MJ to the SUN one of the worst Tabloids ever. Becuase of Whitneys death he found a nitch to exploit them both and make $$ in the process on the very day of her funeral. Why even go there - He go$$ips to much IMO

The sun article is actually about whitney's funeral, this part about Micheal is a small part of it, also he talks about the three of them singing together. I must admit, although I see David Gest as harmless but rather irritating now I have seen the full article it is very bad taste that he should a. Talk about her private funeral and b. Include that story about Michael. It's not very respectful towards Whitney and her family, he should have felt more honour at being invited to her private burial. So now I realise the context of all this, I take back my earlier comments.

I don't like that he said this: "When we met last year, it was at her concert in Copenhagen and it was the saddest performance I had ever seen her give," he said. "Tears came to my eyes as she just couldn't hold her notes.

Was that necessary? Saying she was sooooo bad that he cried??

Michael was shy but he dated Elvis Presleys daughter and then married her.
I think if he really wanted something he went for it.
Michael loved Whitney Houston;
"Maybe I look at the world through rose colored glasses but I love people all over the world."
He loved other persons too......

To be honest, I dont believe this. Gest surely exaggerates and the timing leaves me suspicious as well. At this point, the press want stories left, right and centre about Whitney. Wouldn't be surprised if people fabricate in order to meet the demand. But dosen't mean it's not true I guess.

He basically did the same thing when Michael died. He went straight to the Sun and sold stories about Michael, even going as far as to say that Michael was too ill to do TII and was an activate drug addict. So him saying how 'terrible' Whitney was the last time he saw her is no surprise. It just part of his 'tragic' tale.

Gest is quickly becoming a celebrity vulture. When a big celebrity dies, he's there to sell their story to the highest bidder. Even if the story is cute, this is a disturbing practice.

aliana101;3602277 said:

Resa;3602287 said:
I can't figure out what's so objectionable about a cute little story about Michael kissing a beautiful woman and her wanting to marry him.

I think it´s because of the timing. The story is cute but it doesn´t mean it isn´t fabricated. Remember when Jermaine claimed that Michael Bearden had asked to pray for Michael because he wasn´t well? When people thanked him he deny that story. And it was a harmless story, though a lie.

LadyinHisLife80;3602736 said:
I think it´s because of the timing. The story is cute but it doesn´t mean it isn´t fabricated. Remember when Jermaine claimed that Michael Bearden had asked to pray for Michael because he wasn´t well? When people thanked him he deny that story. And it was a harmless story, though a lie.

Speaking of Jermaine, he said in his book that Michael teases him about that he loves Whitney when he's dueting with her. I think it's cute.

LadyinHisLife80;3602736 said:

But that wasn't a harmless story - it was part of the jackson's attempt to place the blame of mj's death onto aeg by insisting that mj was dangerously ill during rehearsals.

A harmless story in my opinion is suggesting 2 people, single at the time (and gorgeous), had a little crush on one another. Makes a change from all the drug talk, leaking of casket photos etc etc

Back