Michael and Whitney? Really David?

Rhilo

Proud Member
So apparently Whitney was majorly in love with Michael (I know the feeling, totally believable), and Michael had a crush on her as well, according the David Gest. Whitney wanted to marry Michael.

If this came from anyone else, but Gest I'd have no problem believing it, it's just that it's a known fact that Gest loves to embellish his stories...:smilerolleyes: He's another attention seeker, grabbing any opportunity for 5 seconds of fame.

Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson were in love, says David Gest

David Gest has claimed that Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston were once "very much in love".

Gest, a close friend of both of the late stars, shared his belief that Houston would have had a less troubled life if she married the King of Pop.

"She really loved Michael and he adored her," he told The Sun. "Michael told me they once shared a passionate kiss, and she told me she was at one time very much in love with him.

"I think she really wanted to marry him but, although he had a crush on her, he was too shy. Later, he confessed to me he should have made every move.

"If they had got together, I believe Whitney would not have done drugs or become a semi-recluse."

On his own relationship with Houston, Gest said that he was captivated by the singer "from the moment [he] spoke to her".

"When we met last year, it was at her concert in Copenhagen and it was the saddest performance I had ever seen her give," he said. "Tears came to my eyes as she just couldn't hold her notes.

"I actually walked out after four songs, had a sob then came back to watch the rest of the show. My heart was bleeding for her. The woman who was possibly the greatest female vocalist of all time had given her only performance I'd ever seen that wasn't up to par."

Gest added that afterwards they "talked about bad marriages and mistakes we had both made in life".

"She talked to me about drugs and how she wished she had never done them," he revealed. "That conversation was deeply personal, a real heart-to-heart."

Houston's funeral took place in New Jersey on Saturday (February 18) and she was laid to rest in the state the following day. She passed away on February 11 at the age of 48.

source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz...ael-jackson-were-in-love-says-david-gest.html

IDK I think Gest is harmless but he does tend to exaggerate his stories on purpose. But if anybody knows stuff I believe David does, he's known Michael and Whitney for ages.
I don't think Michael backed down because of his shyness, there just wasn't something there that was needed for a good relationship. And would they have managed to "save" each other or destroyed together? Sadly I don't think it would have been a good match.

David is a nut... but Whitney did say she should've married Mike

David Gest talks a load of rubbish. He has said before that he had a maid called Vaginica Semen, and that both his mother (who he claims was a Vietnamese nun) and father had only one leg each.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/entert...son+shared+passionate+kiss/6186945/story.html
5604473.bin

Whitney Houston "really wanted to marry" Michael Jackson, according to their friend David Gest.

The music producer was a close confidant of both the late stars, and he believes Whitney - who was laid to rest in New Jersey on Sunday on Feb. 19 - would have liked to have got together with the "Thriller" singer, but he was "too shy" to make a move on her.

"She really loved Michael and he adored her," he said. "Michael told me they once shared a passionate kiss, and she told me she was at one time very much in love with him.

"I think she really wanted to marry him, but although he had a crush on her, he was too shy.

"Later, he confessed to me he should have made every move. If they had got together, I believe Whitney would not have done drugs or become a semi-recluse."

The 58-year-old star - who was previously married to Liza Minnelli - saw Whitney perform in Copenhagen, Denmark, last year and he was reduced to tears by the fact she could no longer hold the notes she used to.

David - who interviewed the music legend for his acclaimed documentary 'Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon' - added in an interview with The Sun newspaper: "When we met last year, it was at her concert in Copenhagen and it was the saddest performance I had ever seen her give.

"Tears came to my eyes as she just couldn't hold her notes. I actually walked out after four songs, had a sob then came back to watch the rest of the show. My heart was bleeding for her."

© Copyright (c) The Province

Last edited:
Re: David Gest Says: Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson shared passionate kiss

Shut up, shut up, shut up David Gest!!!!!:beee:

Geez, what a publicity hound.

The picture they chose made lol :p Not sure what to believe but the thought of this being true made me smile :)

Him again!!!! How come he never talked about this before, and if it is true, why mention about a private kiss. Is this guy a teenager or what. No offense to teens.

David is lying and he knows it! i hear that mj may have had a little crush on her but it was nothing serious. Plus whitney was with bobby brown nearly most of her life so when in the heck did this "kiss" happen?For david to say this bout mj & whitney when they both are longer here to deny or say its truth is downright disgusting

From the Gest doc:
Whitney: "I really wanted to marry Michael and you [David Gest] were in the way all the time, so that's why."
David: "He should've married you."
Whitney: "Yeah he damn well should've, right."
David: "I love you so much."
Whitney: "I love you, too."

As nice as this article sounds, I don't believe it. Niether Michael nor Whitney are here to say whether this is true or not. Even if this story is true, I don't think he should be talking about it anyway because it's personal. This is all just my opinion.

Last edited:

Awkward cuz this article soure is from my local newpaper who never writes anything MJ related. Wow Ottawa Citizen, the one time you decide to report on MJ you chose this. FAIL.

Anyway, I was thinking about David Gest's comments to the Sun and what I think put me off the article is how he says Whitney said that she "really wanted to marry him" - like, these two as far as we know weren't even in a relationship. Why would Whitney be throwing around the 'marriage' idea to David. It's like a teenage girl saying "I want to marry Justin Bieber". People just don't talk seriously about marriage in that manner and I can't imagine Whitney ever saying that seriously. The fact that David Gest took something she could have said in what is probably an expression of admiration and turned it into fact - "They should actually be married" annoys me to no end.

Like, I have said before "Michael, marry me" - you wouldn't expect someone to take that and spread it around saying "Marissa want's to marry a man who has been dead for nearly 3 years" - because that's not at all what I meant by it. It's just an expression of admiration.

Shut up david.tacky tacky tacky

Who knows, really... I don't think she was really his type, but I don't know very much about her so I'll stay out of this one.

:flip: He needs to stfu.

True friends really do not do this kind of thing.

Another attention seeker...
who runs his mouth about MJ to plug his product :ermm:

LOL this article made me come back to MJJC after 5 months! I saw the article on a website and came here to see if Guest really said this.

Back