Memorial artists announced (Merged)

Or Madonna, Liz Taylor and Diana Ross?!

People like Elizabeth Taylor and Diana Ross might go to the private memorial not the crowded Staples Center memorial. Maybe Michael's closest friends are attending the private one. Quincy Jones said he didn't want to go to Staples because it would be very impersonal.

if you know your comments are going to sound disrespectful and negative...

please don't post it..................be respective of this family.... all the other sh*t is not needed..... these are sensitive times... so let's think b4 we post...

if you know your comments are going to sound disrespectful and negative...

please don't post it..................be respective of this family.... all the other sh*t is not needed..... these are sensitive times... so let's think b4 we post...

Thank you....perfect Post..:)

I agree that it is only a poor show without Michael, boring and pathetic.

Fans want a public funeral, Michael would want that too, but family is doing what they want... dont respect the demand of the fans!

because there is a question!

Why such a media attention? For a group of people of the list?

We are not interested in them!

People like Elizabeth Taylor and Diana Ross might go to the private memorial not the crowded Staples Center memorial. Maybe Michael's closest friends are attending the private one. Quincy Jones said he didn't want to go to Staples because it would be very impersonal.

Very true... i realised that after I posted it. I suppose its like a wake in the most public form.

I will be relieved after tomorrow... I always feel in between a passing and the funeral, one is hanging in limbo. I hate this time as u r filled with grief. After tomorrow, comes acceptance.... hard but true. Michael will be able to rest a peace with no more horrible interfering autopsy's.

No matter who gets announced, there will always be somone missing....a lot of people will be too grief stricken to do it....

I've never understood why a lot of Michael Jackson fans always want things their way and ONLY their way. I remember when the footage of his last rehearsal was released some people were complaining that he was miming. This is getting out of hand. Just be happy we are getting something, and most of those people on that list know Michael a lot better than any of us do. If this memorial isn't what you want, then don't watch it. Simple as that. But I'm going to accept whatever the family decides, because as Janet said, "To you Michael is an icon, to us he'll always be family."

I agree that it is only a poor show without Michael, boring and pathetic

Comments like that make me want to xxxx. You are talking about this like it is a show that's going to be put on DVD. It's a MEMORIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With fans like this, who needs enemies.

Shaheen Jafargholi is amazing and i hope he sings who's loving you again he done it beautifully at the auditions

Re: Performers at the memorial

i think its good to have a show atmosphere for Michael, especially with the producer of the grammys and Kenny Ortega behind it. Michael wouldnt want us to be upset, he would want us to dance and smile for him... give him the send off he deserves with such an incredbile outpouring of love that he will recieve

Elizabeth taylor has twittered that she wont be there, as she feels michael wouldnt want her to grieve with thousands of fans

Performers??!!!

It's not a show...

I have to agree with you. If you are most interested in who will be performing at a MEMORIAL SERVICE of someone you claim to love and respect, then you better check your values. They certainly don't match those of the king. I agree with Liz...no way is the Staples memorial going to be a wonderful experience. I am truly afraid it will be ugly, and I grew up in LA. I pray it does not.

Im 100% sure that Madonna, Elizabeth Taylor and Diana Ross will be present at the memorial, they cannot dissapoint MJ and his fans :)

Really? Glad to know you are psychic. Well, you are wrong. And why are you all so "up in the air" as to who is performing? Have you ever been to a memorial or funeral? If anything, I would like to have Patti Labelle sing the Lord's Prayer and THAT IS IT. Love, not performing.

someone on the Adam Lambert forum said Jermaine will be singing smile.. is it true?
:(

I agree that it is only a poor show without Michael, boring and pathetic.

Fans want a public funeral, Michael would want that too, but family is doing what they want... dont respect the demand of the fans!

because there is a question!

Why such a media attention? For a group of people of the list?

We are not interested in them!

What? There's a public memorial for the fans, and a private ceremony for family. Did MJ have family dinner with the public? What about his kids? Should his kids be out and about in front of cameras and such during the funeral of their father?

I'm sorry, I'm really failing to see the logic here.

I'm glad to see anything where they speak positively of MJ. I see it as a remembrance of his life, not a funeral. I'm tired of being sad, since I know he is in a better place. I want to smile when I think and hear of MJ and not cry...i've done it so much already.

How disappointing that at a time like this.... that everyone is bickering and complaining over the performing list....

As for all complaining about the likes of Diana Ross and Liz Taylor not attending/participating... they have already expressed that they don't wish to be involved. They have lost a close friend... we should not be expecting them to come out as "Dame Elizabeth Taylor" etc and fullfill our needs or visions of what would be the perfect send off.
There's no such thing as the perfect send off for someone you love.
Also the Prince crap is so OLD... why some of you are bringing up something that has nothing to do with the memorial is a joke...

I'll be watching this for closure... not to feel like it's what Michael is due.. or what I as a fan is due.

The guest list is 'interesting' and some of those announced would maybe not be to my taste...

I only hope that there's no industry cynicism and that the managers of these people in attendance/performing don't see this as a huge PR stunt for those they represent.

Some will be rubbing their hands together with glee (like the Las Veags shop owner in the Bashir doc!) thinking it's another 'Candle In The Wind' moment for them to capitalise from....

Something more 'traditional' would be nice....but this is out of MJ's hands.....

the fans will be consumed with grief and the reality. to be honest the fans wont really notice who is singing, they'll only hear the words and michael singing.

Yeah.....I think that will be the case....

We can watch on TV, but the feeling in there will be enormous...from the fans and family

unfortunatelly, whitney houston will not be at the memorial

she was eager to go, but Ive read somewhere that 'they' (I dont know who) put her down ;(

she should go and pay her tribute to our king ;)

0707usherwonder.jpg

stevie and usher rehearsing

How disappointing that at a time like this.... that everyone is bickering and complaining over the performing list....

As for all complaining about the likes of Diana Ross and Liz Taylor not attending/participating... they have already expressed that they don't wish to be involved. They have lost a close friend... we should not be expecting them to come out as "Dame Elizabeth Taylor" etc and fullfill our needs or visions of what would be the perfect send off.
There's no such thing as the perfect send off for someone you love.
Also the Prince crap is so OLD... why some of you are bringing up something that has nothing to do with the memorial is a joke...

I'll be watching this for closure... not to feel like it's what Michael is due.. or what I as a fan is due.
Absolutely 100% agreed. :(

Back