March 10 - News and mentionings - Jackson set to break tickets sales!

wow....
About 10,000 tickets for each of the ten concerts announced last week went on sale yesterday morning on Ticketmaster to fans who had registered their interest on Jackson’s website.
However, demand was so high that the website crashed, leading the promoters to announce another 20 dates — which also quickly sold out. It is thought that nearly 300,000 seats have been sold so far. The remaining tickets for each show will go on sale tomorrow.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article5891378.ece

There are many people who buy the tickets to resell them at over 1000dollars. I doubt anyone will pay that kind of money for the tickets, and then there will be many empty seats in the O2 arena. This will be a disaster to MJ

You sure are negative. Oh well, suit yourself, Michael's number one and everyone who isn't afraid of him will actually acknowledge that.

Found this =)

During the two day pre-sale, 17 additional date was added to meet high demand.
More than 1.5  million fans caused two sites offering pre-sale tickets to crash within minutes of going online. In the space of two hours, 190,000 tickets were sold and within a few hours these tickets were appearing on eBay for £10,000. Veronica Schmidt of The Times, stated of the reception, "Michael Jackson has floored his critics".

:clapping::wild::tease:That is awesome, and his critics are idiots, LOL. It' MICHAEL JACKSON! They should know better than to call him a hasbeen or to say that he doesn't have fans anymore. How much more do we all have to do for them to realize he still has fans all over the world?!

All this stuff is so exciting to me! But I won't be able to go....live in California.

I have a question....do you guys think that THIS IS IT tour t-shirts will be sold on that website? I sure would like to be able to order one of those.

There are many people who buy the tickets to resell them at over 1000dollars. I doubt anyone will pay that kind of money for the tickets, and then there will be many empty seats in the O2 arena. This will be a disaster to MJ
u couldn' tbe more wrong....

a disaster if they weren't sold. if they were sold and scalpers weren't able to buy them, then oh well, empty stadium but not empty wallet!

u couldn' tbe more wrong....

a disaster if they weren't sold. if they were sold and scalpers weren't able to buy them, then oh well, empty stadium but not empty wallet!

well the sellers will just lower the price to 750 or 500.. cos money wasted if they dont sell, lol.

doesn't matter how low they put the price, mj and aeg have already made stacsk from it.

nic im trying! shaun and i are running circles around az trying to figure this out! what about u?

Found this =)

During the two day pre-sale, 17 additional date was added to meet high demand.
More than 1.5  million fans caused two sites offering pre-sale tickets to crash within minutes of going online. In the space of two hours, 190,000 tickets were sold and within a few hours these tickets were appearing on eBay for £10,000. Veronica Schmidt of The Times, stated of the reception, "Michael Jackson has floored his critics".
Christian Audigier, the fashion designer, and a personal friend of Jackson, will be working on the clothing for the shows.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Take that!! :punk:

I've been reading the posts...and saw how the sale of the tickets are coming along and how Mike has now increased dates ...it's so nice to see this all happening for him.

When I got my code I looked at those thriller type packages...they're expensive yes....nice if you have that kind of money to spend. Like a movie star treatment of champagne and a red carpet etc. I imagine lots of Mike's friends and dignitaries will be coming to these shows...

Just hope Michael will be up for all these shows...

I thought he said just 10 and THIS IS IT! :clapping:

I think he will get round to other cities - but London really is so much more than just the British capital. As Rasta said in the other news thread: the world travels to London.

Back