March 10 - News and mentionings - Jackson set to break tickets sales!

I have to find my flying pigs becuz Rollingstones has NEVER been this kind to Michael.. even the comments shocked me.. there were only 2 jerks and I didn't post them

Rolling Stone

function logout(){document.cookie = "RollStoneUser=; domain=rollingstone.com; path=/; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-70 00:00:01 GMT";document.cookie = "RNCommunityUser=; domain=rollingstone.com; path=/; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-70 00:00:01 GMT";document.cookie = "HD=; domain=rollingstone.com; path=/; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-70 00:00:01 GMT";}var match, screenname, s;s = document.cookie;match = s.match(/screenname=([^&;]*)/);if(match)screenname = match[1];if(screenname){document.write('Welcome ' + screenname + ' | Log Out
');}else{document.write('Login | New User
');}

Michael Jackson Announces Dates for “This Is It!” Run at O2 Arena

3/10/09, 11:41 am EST
26584914-26584917-slarge.jpg
Photo: Fraser/FilmMagic

Michael Jackson has revealed the dates for his 10-night This Is It! run of concerts at London’s O2 Arena. The King of Pop’s first show is July 8th, and he’ll perform every other night until July 18th (leaving a day’s rest between every show), when he’ll take a four-night break before his next date, July 22nd. After that, only three shows remain: July 24th, 26th and 28th.

The general public onsale is March 13th, and fans who entered the online lottery the day Jackson held his press conference will find out soon whether or not they’ll have the opportunity to purchase tickets beforehand with a pre-sale password. For those in Europe — and super-fans willing to travel — the London shows are a huge deal. “This is it. I just want to say these will be my final show performances in London,” Jackson said during a press conference last Thursday. “I’ll be performing the songs my fans want to hear — this is it. This is really it. This is the final curtain call.” Jackson has not yet announced plans to perform anywhere else.

Why the gap between shows? Rock Daily has several explanations (and theories). First, the O2 already had some shows lined up in July — including a July 11th Ne-Yo gig (a Ne-Yo appearance during one of MJ’s shows wouldn’t be out of the question, or vice-versa). A full-scale stage show is exhausting — just ask Janet Jackson, who nixed most of her Rock Witchu jaunt — so Michael’s people may be factoring in recovery time for the now 50-year-old star. Maybe Jackson has a thing for even numbers (he’s not performing on a single odd date). Perhaps promoters AEG Live are leaving some room in case Jackson decides to extend the run beyond a “This Is It!” 10 gigs.

Regarding the last possibility, if you’re buying tickets for July 28th expecting to see Jackson’s last London show, you might not actually being seeing Jackson’s last London show — Billy Joel fans experienced this phenomenon when his supposed last concert at Shea Stadium became his second-to-last show at Shea (and the final concert wound up featuring Paul McCartney.) Jackson dates as they stand now:

Michael Jackson
July 8 – London, England @ O2 Arena
July 10 – London, England @ O2 Arena
July 12 – London, England @ O2 Arena
July 14 – London, England @ O2 Arena
July 16 – London, England @ O2 Arena
July 18 – London, England @ O2 Arena
July 22 – London, England @ O2 Arena
July 24 – London, England @ O2 Arena
July 26 – London, England @ O2 Arena
July 28 – London, England @ O2 Arena
Related Stories:Comments

Otis Mack | 3/10/2009, 8:18 pm EST
I’ve been waiting since late 2001 for
this to happen. I wonder after London there will be U.S. dates.
We will see! Go Michael! Go!

Jay C | 3/10/2009, 6:18 pm EST
He is music GOD!!!! Period almost 1 billion albums sold… F***K the Beatles, It’s Michael’s world…

Starr | 3/10/2009, 6:16 pm EST
I’d love to see Michael and all…but I bet those tickets are ridicoulously priced and I’m terrified of flying over the ocean from St. Louis Missouri to London England…

Anonymous | 3/10/2009, 6:10 pm EST
Tickets are 75 British pounds, which is approx. $105 US Dollars.

Mel | 3/10/2009, 5:41 pm EST
Got my presale code today too!! Whoop whoop!

Brad | 3/10/2009, 5:37 pm EST
i love mj. he is very talented. i cant wait to see him in London.

Sofina | 3/10/2009, 5:06 pm EST
Woo I got my pre sale code today and will be ordering those tickets tomorrow at 7am! Yay!!

ana | 3/10/2009, 4:45 pm EST
how much is the tiket does someboy know that? oh and michael jackson rullez !kicks ass! and i love him sooooooo much! he is a man with a heart of gold too bad he was missjudged!but he will always have my support

T | 3/10/2009, 4:44 pm EST
I am a huge fan, and will definitely be trying to get tickets! But one is always skeptical. Who knows if he’ll actually get on stage or not!

Amrik | 3/10/2009, 3:35 pm EST
MJ will always be known as the king of pop he practically owned the 80’s with hi music and I can safely say that I will be on those ticket lines 1st thing in the morning!!!!!

Anonymous | 3/10/2009, 2:17 pm EST
How much would one of these tickets be expected to sell on ebay?
And what are the chances of every show selling out?

ginger | 3/10/2009, 2:11 pm EST
I believe he is the best of all!

Always | 3/10/2009, 2:09 pm EST

M J will forever and is always the best. For all time.

Josh | 3/10/2009, 1:59 pm EST
I am planning to travel from Cleveland Ohio USA to London to see The King of POP…so its safe to say that I am a Super Fan

Cartman | 3/10/2009, 1:54 pm EST
I hope that this is his big comeback and that he hits the US before he truly says goodbye

Fran | 3/10/2009, 1:52 pm EST
He should really get back into singing! millions of fans miss him veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyy yyyyyyyy much!

Mark | 3/10/2009, 1:24 pm EST
I don’t believe he will ever step on the stage on July 8, 2009. It just isn’t going to happen. You are hiding your heads in the sand.

francis | 3/10/2009, 12:31 pm EST

what about a new album for his fans all across the world!

Terry M | 3/10/2009, 12:09 pm EST
Joel’s ‘Last Play At Shea’ was never advertised as a one night only or final show date. And Paul MacCartney’s appearance at the second show was as much of a surprise to Billy Joel as it was to the audience.

function testText() { counter=0; theText = document.getElementById("comment").value; theNewText = ""; listArray = theText.split(" "); theNewText = parseIt(listArray); document.getElementById("comment").value=theNewText;}function parseIt(array) { theText=""; for (i=0;i30){ array="
"; //alert(tempText.length/30); num = parseFloat(tempText.length/30); for (x=0;x

.............Awwwwwwwww,such great news for Michael!!!:D:clapping::wild:
It WILL break!!!!!!:D:yes::clapping::wild::punk:

and going, and going...expect this through summer:

[SIZE=+2]"Huge demand for [Jackson] show[/SIZE]
Over a million fans have requested for tickets to see superstar Michael Jackson live at the O2 Arena this summer.

Around 16,000 people a second are said to have visited Jackson’s official site after tickets went on pre-sale.

A spokesman for promoters AEG Live has depicted the demand as "extremely high", stating "phenomenal is an understatement"."

http://star-ecentral.com/music/slee...te=3/11/2009&title=Huge demand for Jacko show :bugeyed:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Does anyone know if this is a reputable magazine/source? Are they usually nice to Michael?

Exciting yes! I found out this morning that I have the golden willie wonka ticket. I have a pre-sale code!!!!! Wait, does everyone else have one too?

Someome tell me, how has the US media been reporting on this kind of news? They were so eager to spread around any negative rumour, are they fair enough to also tell the good news? What about that witch on cnn 'world today' show that was just last week saying that "there's too many water under the bridge for this comeback", predicting that throwing concerts cause your broke ensures their failure..? Where's Anderson Cooper with all his irony? has someone told them on air that a million people are waiting on line for these concerts? I just long to see their faces as they hear the news..

check this out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7934470.stm

omg aj hammer on showbiz tonight said on the night of the pc that mj looked great and that showed rumors that he was sick was false. the lady said that he had to take a physical and passed w/ flying colours so yippee!

Someone just told me across the office there are now 21 dates for the show on Ticketmaster.co.uk... Adding more by the minute due to demand.

Make that 22 dates, apparently.

Someome tell me, how has the US media been reporting on this kind of news? They were so eager to spread around any negative rumour, are they fair enough to also tell the good news? What about that witch on cnn 'world today' show that was just last week saying that "there's too many water under the bridge for this comeback", predicting that throwing concerts cause your broke ensures their failure..? Where's Anderson Cooper with all his irony? has someone told them on air that a million people are waiting on line for these concerts? I just long to see their faces as they hear the news..

check this out:

You are right. I was thinking the same thing. Last week on Doug banks, Dee reported that the rumors that Michael's people paid fans to be out there at the press conference, the comic on the show was not buying that crap. then word came Michael show is in high demand and she had to report it. She is always ready to belittle Michael but she did report it and I was glad because that put down the nonsense the MJ paid anyone to be at his press conference. I guess now they want to jump on the Chris Brown/Rhinna mess because that is what is selling now.

omg aj hammer on showbiz tonight said on the night of the pc that mj looked great and that showed rumors that he was sick was false. the lady said that he had to take a physical and passed w/ flying colours so yippee!
That jerk on Foxnews with the dark hair that comes on in the morning show was one who thought Michael was sick and he said this prove the reports were wrong. Geraldo was on there and talked about some concerns some people have for the shows if it is going to be organized right however he said he is glad for Mike after those "trumped up charges".

The BBC have been good to Michael
See, this is what pisses me off about the overall media. they will degrade you one minute when they think the world is against you then turn around and kiss your feet when they think people love you. I have said many times that celebs should NOT listen to media peoole who claim they do not have fans no more (or people who degrade them. Often time, those people did NOT like you from the start).

check this out:

i was watching Anderson Cooper when the announcement in London was coming and he was excited.. and he said nothing negative...

as far as that other lady you mentioned.. I am in Miami and we get different anchors... for the US shows.. the anchors I have heard mentioned Mike on CNN are excited.. in fact they had a camera on a guy that does the news during the day.. and he was jamming to Michael ... THE WAY U MAKE ME FEEL.. and didn't realize he was being taped...

You are right. I was thinking the same thing. Last week on Doug banks, Dee reported that the rumors that Michael's people paid fans to be out there at the press conference, the comic on the show was not buying that crap. then word came Michael show is in high demand and she had to report it. She is always ready to belittle Michael but she did report it and I was glad because that put down the nonsense the MJ paid anyone to be at his press conference. I guess now they want to jump on the Chris Brown/Rhinna mess because that is what is selling now.

I am glad.. that Chris/Rihanna thing is great timing for MJ.. it saved all the non-sense.. over analyzing shows that usually bring all the dead beat idiots like Diamond, JRT,etc.. that claim they know things...

This is such a wonderful time for us to rejoice in, and it has been a long time coming, so I don't mean to be negative, but when I was chuckling at all the cynics who doubted he could come back my thoughts turned to those to tried to destroy him, from that family, who are no doubt kicking themselves for not being loyal and in his camp to enjoy VIP treatment, to the Murdoch puppets, and the deafening silence from he who shall remain namless at FOX. I have been laughing at the idea that he has either slashed his fat wrists, is tucking into a massive plate of humble pie, or heaven forbid, still on Ticket Master desperately trying to get to see the object of his obsession.

Michael is now going to get the glory he deserves, and make a fortune in the process, and he deserves every bit of it.

There are many people who buy the tickets to resell them at over 1000dollars. I doubt anyone will pay that kind of money for the tickets, and then there will be many empty seats in the O2 arena. This will be a disaster to MJ

Those who buy to resell tickets normally do so from third-party sites.

Those who have registered directly on the site far outnumber this capacity as each credit card can be used only a given number of times, and if it's a reseller, they would need 100 cards to buy about 1000 or so tickets.

Also, if they were selling for $1000 and couldn't sell them, then they would cut their losses, and even sell for as low as $20 if the tickets were not shifting.

Bottomline, Michael doesn't lose because tickets are sold out and the percentage for resellers is minimal with this direct registration.

Remember that the organisers can detect a connection trying to register multiple times, and would therefore analyse duplicate registrations from given terminals and automated systems for signs of a reseller.

I am glad.. that Chris/Rihanna thing is great timing for MJ.. it saved all the non-sense.. over analyzing shows that usually bring all the dead beat idiots like Diamond, JRT,etc.. that claim they know things...
True but I do not think no one who means Michael well care about these clowns. If people did care about what DD, JRT,etc, Michael would not be selling tickets, songs still played, and songs on AMerican Idol, and cds still selling.

There are many people who buy the tickets to resell them at over 1000dollars. I doubt anyone will pay that kind of money for the tickets, and then there will be many empty seats in the O2 arena. This will be a disaster to MJ
As long as the money is in Michael's pocket, that is all that matters. I do not think it this will happen though. You would be surprise what some people will do in the end to get a Michael ticket at the last minute.

This is such a wonderful time for us to rejoice in, and it has been a long time coming, so I don't mean to be negative, but when I was chuckling at all the cynics who doubted he could come back my thoughts turned to those to tried to destroy him, from that family, who are no doubt kicking themselves for not being loyal and in his camp to enjoy VIP treatment, to the Murdoch puppets, and the deafening silence from he who shall remain namless at FOX. I have been laughing at the idea that he has either slashed his fat wrists, is tucking into a massive plate of humble pie, or heaven forbid, still on Ticket Master desperately trying to get to see the object of his obsession.

Michael is now going to get the glory he deserves, and make a fortune in the process, and he deserves every bit of it.
Notice all of his haters are on a downfall. DD can not get a good job, that family will ALWAYS be labled as con artist, etc. Notice even Nancy Grace plays Michael's music now to show CHILDREN. Now if she really thought Michael was guilty, Nancy/CNN would NOT dare allow his music to be played at all.

Found this =)

During the two day pre-sale, 17 additional date was added to meet high demand.
More than 1.5  million fans caused two sites offering pre-sale tickets to crash within minutes of going online. In the space of two hours, 190,000 tickets were sold and within a few hours these tickets were appearing on eBay for £10,000. Veronica Schmidt of The Times, stated of the reception, "Michael Jackson has floored his critics".
Christian Audigier, the fashion designer, and a personal friend of Jackson, will be working on the clothing for the shows.

Found this =)

During the two day pre-sale, 17 additional date was added to meet high demand.
More than 1.5  million fans caused two sites offering pre-sale tickets to crash within minutes of going online. In the space of two hours, 190,000 tickets were sold and within a few hours these tickets were appearing on eBay for £10,000. Veronica Schmidt of The Times, stated of the reception, "Michael Jackson has floored his critics".
Christian Audigier, the fashion designer, and a personal friend of Jackson, will be working on the clothing for the shows.

do u have a link? tanks

Yeah - does anyone know??

Did it break records ??

The entertainment shows: Access Hollywood, Extra, and E! have reported the big news. However, crappy ET/Insider never reported the big news. They were busy paying that nut octocrazy for her crazy stories about her crazy life. Those haters totally ignored the biggest entertainment story of the week. Fools.

But on last night's show they had on ken baker who's an executive news editor for E! who used to work for US Weekly and was claiming when discussing the whole chris brown/rihanna thing and talking about chris career he claimed that the molestation case for MJ "killed" his career and aj agreed with it but wait didn't mj still continue to sell out like he did with the HIStory Tour and didn't HIStory and Invincible go to number 1? But you know I guess I shouldn't really take what he said to heart cus this is the same guy who was laughing his ass off on E!'s Chelsea Lately when they were discussing that story about Marlon.

I love Google.. found the article with link

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article5889522.ece

March 11, 2009

Michael Jackson sells out London concerts and adds more shows

Michael-Jackson-2_498502a.jpg

(Carl de Souza/AFP/Getty Images)

Michael Jackson will now play 25 concerts

Veronica Schmidt

div#related-article-links p a, div#related-article-links p a:visited {color:#06c;}Michael Jackson has floored his critics by selling out his 10 London concerts, and adding a further 15 shows after demand brought down his website and left fans without tickets.

The onetime King of Pop’s O2 residency will now stretch from July 8 through to September 10, with more dates likely to be added.

This morning, AEG, who runs the O2, had to send an email to reassure frantic fans who had registered to buy tickets but were unable to complete their bookings as Tickmaster struggled to manage the huge rush of traffic.

Chris Edmonds, Ticketmaster's Managing Director, said: "We have witnessed an unprecedented level of demand for the Michael Jackson concerts at The O2. Unfortunately, due to a technical issue, we were unable to facilitate all immediate ticket requests. Apologies to those fans who were unable to log on, but fans should keep on trying to purchase tickets."
Related Links

Many doubted Jackson’s ability to fill the 20-000-seat Greenwich arena after years spent as a virtual recluse. An icon through the Eighties and Nineties, he was relegated to showbiz curiosity after facing financial woes, media exposes, and child molestation charges, for which he was acquitted.
But the singer’s comeback announcement last week worked fans into a frenzy, with thousands rushing to register for tickets, despite the star's eccentric behaviour.
He kept the crowd waiting for 90 minutes before arriving at the 02 to announce the concerts, and then stayed just four minutes. His appearance was full of air-punches and he told the crowd his London concerts would be his last in the capital, repeating over and over, "this is it!"
The 02 residency will be Jackson’s first long run of concerts in 12 years. He has not released a new album since 2001 and his recent performances have been brief and disastrous. He suffered stage fright at the 2006 World Music Awards, held in London, and was unable to perform his smash hit Thriller. Another singer had to step in before Jackson shuffled on stage and got through just one verse and one chorus of We Are The World.
With tickets costing between £50 and £75, Jackson could earn £50 million from the run and is then expected to go on to tour and release a new album.

Back