March 10 - News and mentionings - Jackson set to break tickets sales!

mariemarie

Guests
Michael Jackson set to break ticket record for O2 comeback shows

Insiders say he is poised to add more dates to cope with the astonishing demand from fans.​

We're told: "It's crazy.​

Fans as far afield as Afghanistan, Africa and Australia are ready to board planes to attend. As many as 20,000 fans have preregistered from France alone - that's enough people to fill the entire O2 Arena."
Sales to registered fans begin on Wednesday, while the public can buy tickets from Friday. Visit www.michaeljacksonlive.com for details.​

You know it's going to be a BAD show!

More Michael Jackson Dates Expected

Given reports last week, ahead of Michael Jackson's appearance at The O2, Michael Jackson and promoters AEG planned to do as many Jacksons shows at the Dome later this year as ticket sales demanded, it should be no surprise there are rumours Jackson will double the length of his residency from the current ten days to twenty days later this week.

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1990 - In a poll, Russian pop fans elected the acts they would most like to see visit their country: Michael Jackson, Pink Floyd and The Beatles.

1988 - Michael Jackson said "I would like to say this about the United Negro College Fund. An education opens a person's mind to the entire world, and there is nothing more important than to make sure everyone has the opportunity for an education. To want to learn, to have the capacity to learn and not to be able is a tragedy. I am honored to be associated with an evening that says this will never happen."

2004 - It was reported in Santa Barbara, CA, that the Michael Jackson molestation case was possibly on a Grand Jury docket.

2005 - Michael Jackson arrived late for court in his child molestation trial due to a back injury. The judge threatened to put Jackson in jail. Jackson arrived in pajama bottoms and slippers.

michael_jackson_110707.jpg

Last edited:

1990 - In a poll, Russian pop fans elected the acts they would most like to see visit their country: Michael Jackson, Pink Floyd and The Beatles. [/CENTER]

wow Pink Floyd, Beatles and MJ all happen to be my favourite bands lol! they're the only 3 pages on facebook that I'm a fan of! And I'm from the UK haha. :laugh:

thansk for all the news. xoxo

great news to wake up to, cheers Marie.

funny how the tabs just make that turn-around on their subjects as easily as that. but anyway, i'm going to be flaunting my rightful MJ-fan ego all day today... haven't done it in a while.

^^^

quite right, we dont get to do it often, but at these times why cant we just say, ya damn right he is breaking the records! did we expect anything else? lol!

I certainly hope he does add more dates, I think the demand for tickets on friday will be massive and I want to see him, Id be so disappointed if I couldnt get tickets. thanks for the news marie :)

My mom and I were talking about the complete insanity surrounding his announcement and concert dates. We both have a feeling this is going to be an enormous "comeback". (We don't like calling it a comeback) I'm really excited and happy and hope for nothing but good things for Michael. Thanks for the awesome news!

It's crazy that 20.000 fans from France ALONE is signed up for presale! - If they all buy 4 tickets that would mean MJ could have 80.000 people from France at the O2 in LONDON see his concerts!

How cool would that be ?? - MJ having a concert in LONDON for fans and people from FRANCE alone! :lol:

That would be coolness right there!! - That would be rather arrogant, in the very very cool way!! :lol:

I'm so happy there's such incredible demand!! I hope I get tickets but if I don't, I'm happy there's such an incredible response!

Thanks for the news and mentionings. I just love good news. :girl_sigh:

This is great news, I've been absolutely loving this week.

On http://www.michaeljackson.com/tickets it's says City and State/Country - WHY would he do that if he ONLY were to perform in LONDON ??

I think this will go to many city's and countrys!

Otherwise it doesn't make sense to write on the http://www.michaeljackson.com/tickets which City and country the performance is in!

Am I the only one who thinks this?

I think we ain't seen nothing yet!

This Is It

Maybe they want to give all people in the world the chance to see im in london, hence they provide a certain amount of tix for certain countries.

Michael Jackson set to break ticket record for O2 comeback shows

Insiders say he is poised to add more dates to cope with the astonishing demand from fans.​

We're told: "It's crazy.​

Fans as far afield as Afghanistan, Africa and Australia are ready to board planes to attend. As many as 20,000 fans have preregistered from France alone - that's enough people to fill the entire O2 Arena."
Sales to registered fans begin on Wednesday, while the public can buy tickets from Friday. Visit www.michaeljacksonlive.com for details.​

:girl_haha: :clapping: :girl_happy:

Oh I can't bear this. We have waited for so long and all of a sudden all hell has broken loose. Those clowns last week predicting that he wouldn't sell out the ten days must be cringing with embarassment over this.

By the way I read that a purchase code for pre registered sales would be sent out today? did I get it wrong? I hope so because I havn't had one.

Given the amount of people registered and bearing in mind so many will be wanting to go to more than one concert there will be many disappointed people.

we can't all see him this summer,this is clear,we are too many!so we got to wait and see what he will offer for next year too,no?so smile,Michael knows we all want a chance to see him on stage:)

Thanks for the news, marie. :) The news is GREAT!

this is on AEG Lives website

"This Is It" Michael Jackson The King of Pop's Unprecedented Return to London

Client-5445-6-03022009-0.jpg

(London, March 9, 2009) - Last week, The King of Pop announced his dramatic return to the stage at the O2 arena. Millions of fans around the world tuned into the global media announcement prompting unprecedented numbers to register for the presale from a record breaking 202 countries around the world.

With thousands of fans registering from as far as Australia, the demand for tickets is unmatched. In France alone, the number of fans applying for presale in just the 48 hours following the announcement would fill the O2!

To fulfill the unprecedented demand, fans are advised to stay tuned to www.MichaelJacksonLive.com for updates and additional show information.
As Michael Jackson said himself, he is coming to London to play, "All the songs my fans want to hear."

Randy Phillips, President and CEO AEG Live, said "We are making show business history here. The demand has exceeded our wildest expectations and without doubt will break box office records. This is the last chance to see Michael Jackson in London, we are doing everything we can at AEG live to ensure as many fans as possible can be a part of the experience."

Opening with 10 nights at the O2 Arena on July 8th tickets are a broad range. Ticket price £75 / £65 / £50, plus booking fees.

In an effort to ensure fans are able to purchase premium tickets and exchange tickets directly with other fans, AEG Live has entered into an agreement with Viagogo. The online site allows people to buy and sell live event tickets in a safe and guaranteed way.

Show Dates:
Wednesday, July 8th
Friday, July 10th
Sunday, July 12th
Thursday, July 14th
Thursday, July 16th
Saturday, July 18th
Wednesday, July 22nd
Friday, July 24th
Sunday, July 26th
Tuesday, July 28th

Visit www.MichaelJacksonLive.com or text ‘MJ’ to 81707 for your chance to join the presale. Text costs 10p to 12p dependent on network. UK only.

Official presale begins at 7am on Wednesday, March 11th.

Tickets go on sale to the public at 7am Friday, March 13th and will be available through www.MichaelJacksonLive.com

http://aeglive.com/news_detail.php?id=10191

Will you also be able to buy via aeglive.com ??

more news

More on Michael Jackson benefit shows
So perhaps you were one of the terrible cynics who thought no one would want to see 50-year-old man-child Michael Jackson moon walk across a stage one last time. Ha ha! There are reports that a million people have signed up for an early chance at tickets. Regular tickets go on sale Friday. Dates for Jackson"s shows in London at the 23,000-capacity venue are: July 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 22, 24, 26, 28. Further dates will be announced if the 10 dates sell out as expected. Ticket prices range from $68.94 to $103.41.

http://www.mercurynews.com/entertainment/ci_11880209

for those not checking the O2 thread.. this was posted a little earlier by poster Violet

Record-Breaking Presale Registration!

Last week, The King of Pop announced his dramatic return to the stage at the O2 arena. Millions of fans around the world tuned into the global media announcement prompting unprecedented numbers to register for the presale from a record breaking 202 countries around the world.

You are now in the queue to recieve a presale code when more become available.

We encourage you to monitor your email inbox closely as we expect additional codes to be allocated once the presale begins. We are seeking approval to add more shows so all of Michael's fans can be accommodated.

Be ready to act quickly when you recieve another email from MJ@MichaelJacksonLive.com containing your presale code.

The presale begins promptly at 7am [GMT] 11 March 2009 and runs through 6am [GMT] 13 March 2009.
10 SHOWS!
Wednesday 8-Jul
Friday 10-Jul
Sunday 12-Jul
Tuesday 14-Jul
Thursday 16-Jul
Saturday 18-Jul
Wednesday 22-Jul
Friday 24-Jul
Sunday 26-Jul
Tuesday 28-Jul

Visit MichaelJacksonLive.com for more news, great video clips, news, and download the widget

Back