Love Never Felt So Good (Remix) [feat. Justin Timberlake]

I keep listening to the song and I'm like: "'Cause bayyybeee...."

tumblr_m5n3muDJAb1qfi7g6_large.gif

Starting to warm up to this remix a bit more. The production is cleaner than on the solo version, which I like, but the Workin' Day And Night sampling is a bit unnecessary IMO and I think I like the bridge on the solo version better. One thing though -- is it me or is the first line MJ sings after the bridge not in the solo version?

I love this and the solo version. Today is a good day to be an MJ fan. L.O.V.E.to all

Prefer the solo the jt remix is a bit of a mess and doesn't quite work

Tell us how you really feel

At first I didn't know how I felt. All I can say now after giving it several listens! Love never felt so good! Congrats to the estate and sony! We have a hit, the remix with JT is even better ! Enjoy!

Great promotion to have a duet with Justin Timberlake !! - Great great choice!

The duet is #3 on Danish iTunes !!!

Love this version! It's retro yet modern. Timbaland's production is amazing. Am quite impressed :)

I kist heard it on the radio and they said they're going to play it again on the top of te hour!!! This is what I wanted!...... Mj on the radio with regular play, let's request the song no stop guys

I have just purchased both from itunes and i love them both they are fantastic

For now i've listened to the 30sec snippets on bbc site.

at 1st listening i thought instrumentation reminds me of DSTYGE,
at 2nd listening, sounds alot like Bruno mars treasure,

after few dozen times i think i like the solo version a little more over the JT remix. but its hard to say from those 30sec.

but overall i like the song.

right, the sampling is more like WDAN, than DSTYGE. But its present in both versions, not only in the remix.

Just heard it on Boston's big Top 40 station! That didn't take long! And they're playing it at the top of every hour!! MJ returns to Top 40 with a bang!

Heard this version on the old-school hip hop/R&B station while driving home from work! :clap: The DJ apparently played it at 5PM and then went into a custom mix of different MJ songs (including some live cuts!) before playing it again a few minutes later! So awesome to see this getting airplay! :punk:

The Timberlake Version is IMO better, because there is less hiss, and one thing i particular don't like about the main-version, is that the snaps/claps from michael are sometimes not in the same pace/rythm as the instrumental..

The Timberlake Version is IMO better, because there is less hiss, and one thing i particular don't like about the main-version, is that the snaps/claps from michael are sometimes not in the same pace/rythm as the instrumental..

Yeah, you'd think they'd really have made sure everything was in time. I notice it with the hand claps at 1:55+.

Yeah, you'd think they'd really have made sure everything was in time. I notice it with the hand claps at 1:55+.
I think the problem stems from the original track probably not having been recorded to a click track, so there are some natural, human tempo fluctuations in there. It would have been very difficult to get everything in time, especially because they do not have multitracks of this song. Timbaland did a much better job masking those issues than McClain imo, though the problem is still present in his version too. McClain's version also has some other issues. That drum roll sample that he uses a few times throughout the song cuts off really badly, which causes the transitions to sound very rough and unnatural. I do think he did a nice job on that breakdown section, which I prefer over Timbaland's bridge.

I think the problem stems from the original track probably not having been recorded to a click track, so there are some natural, human tempo fluctuations in there.

Ah, good point. :) And I agree with you on the drum rolls.

Back