London Tribute Concert CANCELED

twinklEE

Proud Member
Vienna - The Michael Jackson tribute concert in London that was scheduled for next June has been cancelled, as the show's Austrian organizer announced Friday that is being liquidated. Promoter Georg Kindel and his now-defunct company World Awards Media and Jackson's brother Jermaine had already disappointed European fans in summer by first announcing a Vienna tribute concert for September and then cancelling it because of a lack of stars and funds.

World Awards Media's majority owner, Vienna-based consumer fund Superfund, issued a press release on behalf of Kindel's company, saying that it would be dissolved.

After the failed Vienna show, Jermaine Jackson said London would be the ideal concert location because that was where Michael Jackson had planned to stage his comeback concerts.

Jackson died from medication overdose in June, shortly before the scheduled London performances.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/30...nizers-say.html
If true, I can't say I'm surprised after all who was doing the negotiations. -_-

Last edited:
Re: London tripute concert CANCELED

not sure why this would stop a london concert going ahead. was he working with this company on the london show or just the vienna one. as theres no direct quote in this story

I believe he was working with the same organizers/company, yes.

Jermaine is in London recently with his kids and wife.
i hope the news is true.

Re: London tripute concert CANCELLED

Are you fucking kidding me??

I'm sure they'll find another company to host/fund the event, after all the winner of this coming Sunday's Move Like MJ Final is meant to be performing at this as their prize - would look terrible on Jermaine if they were now working towards nothing before the show has even finished.

Uhh Ohh..

I'm sure they'll find another company to host/fund the event, after all the winner of this coming Sunday's Move Like MJ Final is meant to be performing at this as their prize - would look terrible on Jermaine if they were now working towards nothing before the show has even finished.

Mmmh wouldn't look good at all.

I don't think any tribute will work out without the Estate being involved and making it an official one. Jermaine is not the estate so his participation in it won't make the tribute official.

Let's face it people, Jermaine is a hot mess.

First off, his recently disparaging comments about Joe's non-abuse was ridiculous and untrue. So he wants a tribute to happen for the same person he is calling a LIAR????

Secondly, remember in the reality show when Halima was trying to work on getting stars on the phone and Jermaine instructed her to NOT go through their agents/managers, then later she said that "well...you're the headliner of the show" .... and there was no argument about that. The AWFUL website with Jermaine's face plastered all over - and Michael's was smaller than his? Then the bogus charities? Larry King's wife was listed, then some other Larry guy who looked like he actually is legit - then Jermaine's Earth Cares which is not listed as a charity in London, it's a corporation.

So too bad, too sad.

It's more of a tribute to himself than to his baby brother - and the world found out about it. Good riddance and here's to hoping the estate follows through on the August 29 tribute. Having it on the anniversary of MJs death is TOO MUCH. That's a day for quiet reflection, not a loud concert.

When April 4th comes around, do you see any Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. tribute concert parties? No! They all happen near his birthday, the 3rd Monday of January.

Whatevs, I'm DONE with Jermaine.

everyone knows everything Jermaine touches turns to dust

To be honest, I don't think any other organization is going to want to work with Jermaine Jackson after what happened in Vienna.

Not only do they need a good organization, willing to spend big money, they also need some A-list artist to make this a success. And after Vienna, A-list artist may not want to work with Jermaine either.

The whole thing ended very badly, in my opinion.

good.

I hope the estate does something on MJ's 55th birthday.

There will be the Soccer competition during the 2010 summer, and even though here is North America, we don't care much for soccer (or football as it is called outside of NA), the rest of the world will be focused on the games.

So, no tribute this year....wait a couple of years.

Me personally, I am going to Spike Lee's bash on August 29th at Prospect Park. I hope to see a lot of fans.

I don't think any tribute will work out without the Estate being involved and making it an official one. Jermaine is not the estate so his participation in it won't make the tribute official.

Well I hope the estate do something, and get some major stars.

I just want a tribute show, a quality one that is befitting of MJ.

What?! What about Move Like MJ, the BBC3 competition? The final's on Sunday and the prize is to perform there.

What?! What about Move Like MJ, the BBC3 competition? The final's on Sunday and the prize is to perform there.

It looks like the folks in charge of that competition should have VERIFIED and/or CONFIRMED that there was actually going to be a tribute show, instead of just taking Jermaine's word for it.

Maybe the NEW prize will be joining the brothers on their World Tour. LOL!

As if ANYONE takes Jermaine seriously. He should shut up and stop damanging MJ's name and reputation.

If the Estate organise something, Janet, MTV Icon, or anyone else, maybe it would work. But Jermaine, sorry, give it up!

Jermaine is in London recently with his kids and wife.
i hope the news is true.
he here for the dance like mj show

Good riddance and here's to hoping the estate follows through on the August 29 tribute.
whats that.? considering what mj did i twould beshameful if there was not some sort of tribute arranged. freddie mercury one was arranged for the summer of 92 when he died in nov 91. but i have reservations about who would plan it. it needs to come from the estate and no one else.

It looks like the folks in charge of that competition should have VERIFIED and/or CONFIRMED that there was actually going to be a tribute show, instead of just taking Jermaine's word for it.

Ooh, you're cruel!!!

Maybe Jermaine should offer the winner a consolation prize of flying the winner/s to Los Angeles and meeting the Jacksons.

That would be very nice.

LMAO! You really had me rolling on this one:rofl:

he here for the dance like mj show

whats that.? considering what mj did i twould beshameful if there was not some sort of tribute arranged. freddie mercury one was arranged for the summer of 92 when he died in nov 91. but i have reservations about who would plan it. it needs to come from the estate and no one else.

Rumors are that the estate is planning a huge tribute for August 29 - who knows, maybe they're gonna combine it with Spike Lee's gig (which the one SPike did was amazing - I wasn't there but I saw the footage & photos.

Now THAT would be massive.

Rumors are that the estate is planning a huge tribute for August 29
got any sources/more info on that. cause thats what i want to hear ie the estate are gonna do some thing properly

Last edited:

Are you fucking kidding me??

I know...but I wanted to watch more of "Move like Michael Jackson" :( SO if the London tribute is not gonna be on then whats gonna happen to the show.

IMO, Jermain does everything Just Because...I dont think he plans it well. Mike does a better job on doing that stuff. Remember when Mike said that Joe Was good at doing deals but got worse as time went on? well i think thats whats happened to Jermain...Hopefully there is something going on next JUNE if the tribute is not going on!

L.O.V.E.
Romi

got any sources/more info on that. cause thats what i want to hear

I'm looking for it - when I do a search, all I get are Jermaine's flop concert news.

I read it in several places that the estate themselves were planning it for August 29, 2010 - and that it would certainly conflict with Jermaine's June 25 date at the Wembley.

Lets hope they do something for real, the kids are too young and everyone else is out for their own benefit of getting their mug out, you know who too.

I can't resist posting this..

Demotivator__Epic_Fail.jpg

That says it better than anything I could've said myself.
Oh Jermaine, Jermaine... I almost feel bad for the guy. Emphasis on the word 'almost'.

I like Jermaine but maybe the estate needs to handle it this time and have a tribute with huge A-list artists and A few of Mike's musical friends. :(

:hysterical:

Brilliant visual!!!!

And you're right, I'd ALMOST feel sorry for him too if he wasn't so smarmy and self-centered.

I can't resist posting this..

Demotivator__Epic_Fail.jpg

That says it better than anything I could've said myself.
Oh Jermaine, Jermaine... I almost feel bad for the guy. Emphasis on the word 'almost'.

Ooh, you're cruel!!!

Maybe Jermaine should offer the winner a consolation prize of flying the winner/s to Los Angeles and meeting the Jacksons.

That would be very nice.

Yeh they'd like that I guess, except they wouldn't be performing infront of millions of people as promised.

I didn't want this to fail because Michael deserves a tribute concert, a GOOD one.

Back