LIVE HOLOGRAM CONCERT? August 29 [Verified Fake by MJ Estate]

Re: LIVE HOLOGRAM CONCERT? August 29

Are we sure this is legit? It's odd to me that Portugal and Jamacia are putting out info ahead of the Pepsi team based out of the U.S., who is supposedly sponsoring this concert. As usual, confusion reigns.

I remember reading about this concert on the KISS Fm radio contest page, and they advertised it as a Michael Jackson Tribute Concert. Hmmm...

I assume it will be a tribute concert with a special hologram performance at some point in the show. I kinda doubt it will be a full hologram concert.

I know the whole point is not to pretend he's alive, but it's extremely disrespectful. MJ isn't alive, he can't perform any more shows for his fans. The hologram is used to attract a crowd, like only Michael Jackson could. This is not a Michael Jackson concert, and we just have to look at how 'exclusive' he was. Never did festivals for example. This is just a poor way of promoting something, and using MJ to do it, and because he isn't alive they can do whatever they want, and get money from him this way. Put up a video of Wembley on a big screen, but don't use a hologram to pretend someone is alive when they clearly aren't.

I assume it will be a tribute concert with a special hologram performance at some point in the show. I kinda doubt it will be a full hologram concert.

Yes, you are probably correct.

I find this odd. First, because this rumors is coming from Europe and not America itself, where the supposed concert will be held. And second, I think if the hologram thing was true it would already have been announced officialy, as many fans will come from overseas to see it.

And the Pespi Jamaica fb page that is advertising the MJ hologram concert, seems to be an unofficial page. It says "Pepsi Jamaica's Official FAN Page".

We will have to wait and see if it's really true...

Exactly! Those are my suspicions as well.

591606.jpg

Ok guys,

I have deduced that this is actually going to happen during Billboard and Pepsi's Summer Beats Concert Series that was posted a couple weeks ago when it was announced that residents in Ohio had a contest to win tickets to see a Tribute Concert in NYC on this exact date.

http://www.1033kissfm.com/pages/landing_contest?contestID=3160

I know the whole point is not to pretend he's alive, but it's extremely disrespectful. MJ isn't alive, he can't perform any more shows for his fans. The hologram is used to attract a crowd, like only Michael Jackson could. This is not a Michael Jackson concert, and we just have to look at how 'exclusive' he was. Never did festivals for example. This is just a poor way of promoting something, and using MJ to do it, and because he isn't alive they can do whatever they want, and get money from him this way. Put up a video of Wembley on a big screen, but don't use a hologram to pretend someone is alive when they clearly aren't.

That's one way of looking at things... certainly not the ONLY way. Which is why I said, if you don't want to see it, don't watch it. Nobody's forcing you to do anything.

That's one way of looking at things... certainly not the ONLY way. Which is why I said, if you don't want to see it, don't watch it. Nobody's forcing you to do anything.

Nobody's forcing the producers of this concert to attempt to have 'MJ' at the show. I certainly won't watch it, I think it is extremely disrespectful, and he should be allowed to rest without people trying to make it look as if he still is alive.

The post was removed from Facebook!

Nobody's forcing the producers of this concert to attempt to have 'MJ' at the show. I certainly won't watch it, I think it is extremely disrespectful, and he should be allowed to rest without people trying to make it look as if he still is alive.

I respect your opinion, but why shouldn't it happen for those fans that want to see it? Like you said, you will not watch so why does it matter to you either way?

I'd go if I could. Looking forward to this :)
I don't understand why some people don't think of it the same as a new way to experience MJ, like TV, cinema. It's the same really. That's not about ''reincarnating'' MJ. LOL -_-

I enjoyed watching the Tupac hologram on Youtube. So if they do MJ even better I wouldn't mind I guess?!

Official comment on Hologram/Pepsi concert from the Estate:

"Recently, there was an item on an international Pepsi affiliate's social media page regarding a "Michael Jackson Hologram Concert."
This item is not accurate and there are no such plans in place by Pepsi, the Estate of Michael Jackson or anyone else.
We regret any confusion that may have been caused in the MJ fan community by this incorrect post, which is being taken down."

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

Moonwalker.Fan;3671466 said:
Official comment on Hologram/Pepsi concert from the Estate:
"Recently, there was an item on an international Pepsi affiliate's social media page regarding a "Michael Jackson Hologram Concert."
This item is not accurate and there are no such plans in place by Pepsi, the Estate of Michael Jackson or anyone else.
We regret any confusion that may have been caused in the MJ fan community by this incorrect post, which is being taken down."

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

Thank you for clearing that up. I thought it was strange.

So all that fretting over something that didn't even exist.

Thank god. Waiting for info from Gaz though.

Well that puts an end to another rumour then.

Oh well. Maybe one day...

That would have been so cool! And I wouldn't even care if "hologram"ing dead celebs is exploitive.

However, a full length show would be very expensive to create.
They'd need to make a CGI MJ (which Digital Domain did AMAZINGLY with 2Pac at Coachella, and that was just for 2 songs).
The only other way is if the subject is shot on green screen on static shot.

Didn't I read that the permanent MJ Cirque Du Soleil show will have a hologram MJ incoroporated into the show (not to be confused with the touring show going on now).

Pepsi Jamaica facebook http://www.facebook.com/pepsijamaica

Pepsi Jamaica
Saturday
Want a chance to see the King of Pop perform 'LIVE'?! Enter our KOP Sweepstakes and stand the chance of wining a DREAM trip for 2 to see the Michael Jackson hologram perform LIVE in New York!

483193_10151461618302119_2036091387_n.jpg

I just burst into tears when I read this...it takes my breath away to think of seeing him in concert, even if it is only hologram. Miss you so much Michael...sometimes its physically painful to listen to his music!

My hopes were risen really high this time and my friends are gonna hate me for lying to them, better go tell them lol one guy already made plans to go there xD

I don't think you have to apologize, the statements about your own country are quite bold. I respect you feelings towards it but I don't know why you say Michael hated Portugal? maybe I'm misinformed but I don't know if that was ever expressed. Anyway, I think you could tell them to think twice before spreading a rumor like this. I think it's disrespectful to get fans to believe something and then having the Estate confirm it was all lies. I don't know if they ever thought it wouldn't spread that much or something, but it was definitely wrong of them to make so much publicity to something they knew wasn't going to happen..

Back