Lets Discuss The Upcoming BAD tour DVD..

where has this come from? why cant anybody provide a link?

OMG, i had no clue that Bad Tour is gonna be release!! :woohoo: :party: YES, I hope Dirty Diana is included :dropdead:

There has not been an official statement, however mickyj and smooth criminal05 who are in contact with MJs estate have stated that there is a bad tour dvd being planned for the future. It will most likely coincide with the 25th anniversary of Bad (2012).

Last edited:
I'd love to see anything from the wembley shows because from the clips i've seen, MJ is amazing.. and the crowd are livee!

My misleading thread title sense is tingling lol

If Bad tour is ever released i'd like to see Madison Sqaure Garden 1988. Smooth Criminal and The Way You Make Me Feel was sung live that night

I am really looking forward to this dvd but is it in 2012?

I'd like to see second leg :)
Dirty Diana,Smooth Criminal,The Way You make Me feel,Another Part of me....

personally i wont believe its ever coming out until i actually buy it and have it in my hands....

it just seems anything which requires work or a bit of hassle to sort out, dosent happen..

were as, an easy re-release of history videos or greatest hits is all we ever get..

cos people just seem to buy them, over and over again, even if they have em anyway...

dont know why everybody is getting exited about this allready, nothing of this talk is official, there is no official statement about Bad tour Wembley 88 beeing released, all this started with Birchey stating that its going to be reeased soon, he allready showed proof that the Wembley 88 16 july show exists in pro quality, but all is beeing talked, nothing is sure. he said it was going to be released on summer, but now not anymore cause michael state want to release a new album. you can wait for this, im sure its not going to be released in the near future.

by the way, Bad Tour Paris 88 would be great too

I hope they make a compilation of some of his best bad concerts so it has all the songs he ever did on the bad tour (JGF with Stevie?).

I believe it was discovered that MJ and Stevie actually sung BAD together, not JGF. But it would still be very cool to that duet.

Please be second leg! I needs me some vintage Smooth Criminal!!!!!!!! OWW! :woohoo:

Id take anything but I think one of the Wembley shows would be the best, on the extras they could show MJ meeting Princess Di too :)

We definitely have to chill as for Bad Tour ever being released...

My misleading thread title sense is tingling lol

If Bad tour is ever released i'd like to see Madison Sqaure Garden 1988. Smooth Criminal and The Way You Make Me Feel was sung live that night

Adding fuel to the speculation: I heard that MSG and Kansas City were professionally recorded.. Maybe theses are also options to make the DVD cut. Does anyone knows more about Kansas? What about the footage used on Moonwalker beginning and final segments??? ;)

Yes this deal is only for records, however Sony also re-signed their rights to MJ's music so they profit off whatever MJ's estate has in mind. I know for a fact that the BAD tour is coming to DVD. When? Right now I'm told 2012 is the big year. It's the same year that the Bad album will be getting a makeover with unreleased songs, a DVD, and a new booklet. It will be titled "Bad 25 Year Anniversary Edition".

Yes this deal is only for records, however Sony also re-signed their rights to MJ's music so they profit off whatever MJ's estate has in mind. I know for a fact that the BAD tour is coming to DVD. When? Right now I'm told 2012 is the big year. It's the same year that the Bad album will be getting a makeover with unreleased songs, a DVD, and a new booklet. It will be titled "Bad 25 Year Anniversary Edition".

You might've explained this before, so sorry if that's the case. But how exactly are you tied to the Estate and/or Sony?

^ A good friend of mine works with Sony in the US and does many dealings with Michael Jackson's estate. He is very familiar with the big projects going on, specifically the new album and the new record deal. I cannot reveal his name on a public forum simply because if it ever got out, he could lose his job for breaching privacy policies. Hopefully you understand.

^ A good friend of mine works with Sony in the US and does many dealings with Michael Jackson's estate. He is very familiar with the big projects going on, specifically the new album and the new record deal. I cannot reveal his name on a public forum simply because if it ever got out, he could lose his job for breaching privacy policies. Hopefully you understand.

I completely understand and respect the need to keep his name out of this. Thank you so much for sharing the information.

In record contracts "records" included CD, DVD, BlueRay ect. Anything that delivers audio and video, which would include Itunes.

Darn, 2012 seems so far away... :(

Also, Smooth can you send in our concerns about the Bad DVD to your friend as well. It'll be nice if they include concerts from the second leg of the tour. *hint* *hint* :D

I hope not Yokohamma :s

Yokohama was awesome

that "Heartbreak Hotel" was insane!

I am dying for the bad tour to hit dvd you have no idea.

The only thing about Yokohama is that we don't get Man In The Mirror and Smooth Criminal.

This DVD has to have Another Part of Me, Dirth Diana, Man In The Mirror and Smooth Criminal!!!! :wild: :wild: :wild:

I hope it is released, but I really love the other tours were also released: Destiny, Triumph, Victory and History.

:timer:

Very happy to hear this I always wondered why the the bad tour was never released. I hope it's going to be in HQ

my guess for the official release is MSG 1988..Since it did win the vote for the best 100 MSG shows.

I hope to really see this!! I also hope for dvd releases of Ghosts & Captain EO for example to all the countries who still only have their old VHS's. I know that there have been some releases of those but not really have there been an official release where you can know for fact that you can walk into your local Video store and really be able to buy those. I'm not even asking for BluRay just DVD. BAD Tour would be more than awesome to have!! People all over the world want to see MJ's tours.

I could see it now in Canada & USA.(and anywhere else they've not been released) if they were to release these things.. MJ Fans would be lining up to buy these goodies.. we've all been waiting so long!

I want BAD Tour Madison Square Garden New York, Los Angeles would be great too!

I absolutely understand, discretion is key in this type of situation :) Thanks for keeping us updated.

Back