Lady In My Life.

This really is a great song...:wink:...if you close your eyes and listen to the lyrics...:blush:...you feel as though he is singing it to you only......Micheal sure knows how to sing that song...

This song the lyrics are beautiful, romantic and rocking nice to hear, is a song that touches me deeply, it has many songs from Michael when I first heard and touched my heart is because the letter has to do with me, they can play my soul and I can feel them

I don't know if anyone's posted Michael's comments on this song yet, if not here you go :)

"'The Lady in My Life' was one of the most difficult tracks to cut. We were used to doing a lot of takes in order to get a vocal as nearly perfect as possible, but Quincy wasn't satisfied with my work on that song, even after literally dozens of takes. Finally he took me aside late one session and told me he wanted me to beg. That's what he said. He wanted me to go back to the studio and literally beg for it. So I went back in and had them turn off the studio lights and close the curtain between the studio and the control room so I wouldn't feel self-conscious. Q started the tape and I begged. The result is what you hear in the grooves."

I don't know if anyone's posted Michael's comments on this song yet, if not here you go :)

"'The Lady in My Life' was one of the most difficult tracks to cut. We were used to doing a lot of takes in order to get a vocal as nearly perfect as possible, but Quincy wasn't satisfied with my work on that song, even after literally dozens of takes. Finally he took me aside late one session and told me he wanted me to beg. That's what he said. He wanted me to go back to the studio and literally beg for it. So I went back in and had them turn off the studio lights and close the curtain between the studio and the control room so I wouldn't feel self-conscious. Q started the tape and I begged. The result is what you hear in the grooves."

hehe i like hearing him beg for it... hes so sexy in this song. i love his voice but if you do listen to it with your eyes closed you get goosebumps from it haha.

I love the begging, that is the part that gets me every time. I love the entire song, but the begging - ooooohhh - it just makes me want to give it to him. LOL

Here I am again in this thread. lol

My husband and I chose this song to be played for our first dance on our wedding day, it was so romantic and we both love this song and have a very special memory to it. :)

I love these 2 lines of the song:

You're Every Wonder In This World To Me
A Treasure Time Won't Steal Away

"Lady in my life" is perfect for a wedding. It's a song about unconditional love and lifetime commitment. It's perfect love song.

Even when we're old and gray
I will love you more each day
'Cause you will always be the lady in my life

Maxwell just performed this on some Grammy nomination show.

i saw it he kinda suck ... only mj can pull of the song
:no:

Nothing against Maxwell, but he just BUTCHERED one of my favorite songs of all time and they called it a tribute.:agree:

I just wish people would stop trying to sing an MJ song or dance like him when they are going to screw it up royally.:no:

Ringo Star and Smokey are on stage right now....

is ringo wearing a MJ shirt?? :cry: :cry: :cry:

:no:

Nothing against Maxwell, but he just BUTCHERED one of my favorite songs of all time and they called it a tribute.:agree:

I just wish people would stop trying to sing an MJ song or dance like him when they are going to screw it up royally.:no:

Ringo Star and Smokey are on stage right now....

is ringo wearing a MJ shirt?? :cry: :cry: :cry:

ya maxwell was off key like dude u aint mj!!! hahaha jk and he said something like " im on the couch .. i'll paint your toe nail" or something like that i was like wtf!!! hahah he ruined the song!!
smokey said something about michael he will neva be forgetten and that mjs his lil bro :(
no ringo was wearing a frank sinatra tshirt lol

I really do love that song...I can't really describe exactly how his voice makes me feel when I hear it...It's something out of this world!

personally i prefer the ne-yo tribute/version than maxwell's

Last edited:
I love this song. But didn't anybody else think he said "I wanna give you one" instead of, "I wanna keep you warm."

This really is a great song...:wink:...if you close your eyes and listen to the lyrics...:blush:...you feel as though he is singing it to you only......Micheal sure knows how to sing that song...

I agree, I always think of him singing this especially to me...Michael has that special something...Not like we didn't know that already...

I've put this on my "possible songs to use as our first dance song for my wedding" list. I've had an idea of these songs for a while. Once I get the right man and we're planning the wedding, I'll consult.

This song is just...oh my gosh...there are no words to describe it! :wub: :wub:

My favorite song from Mike.....I literally played this 35 times back to back last night. :mellow:

ya maxwell was off key like dude u aint mj!!! hahaha jk and he said something like " im on the couch .. i'll paint your toe nail" or something like that i was like wtf!!! hahah he ruined the song!!
smokey said something about michael he will neva be forgetten and that mjs his lil bro :(
no ringo was wearing a frank sinatra tshirt lol
I didn't like Maxwell's performance either. Those ad-libs he put at the end took away the elegance of the song for me. :(

all overrrrr all ovaaa all ova all ova all ova babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :wild:

I am sooo in love with this song. :wub:
Didn't know there were people who thought it was boring.

Like all other female lovers of this song, I used to think of Michael singing this to me! :)

Its gorgeous, sexy and I would've loved a live version. Defintely a highlight on the Thriller album. Listening to it makes me wish I had been older during the whole Thriller era.

Back