Lady In My Life.

this song is definitely in my top 3 .
its a shame that he didn't sing live on this song.
i don't know ,maybe he did? i just couldn't find it

The song is so underrated. Michael's ad-libs towards the end are incredible! He sounds like he is begging, (which is basically the whole point). He is someone who knows how to convey emotion through singing and he showed that in LIML.

Just such a shame we dont have the long version in good CD quality sound.Please Sony put this on one of your many crappy re-released cash in Cds!

:wub:*sigh* I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this song!!:wub:

It makes me go crazy!!! :tease:

ok, but seriously, this is a perfect song in every way. And there's something about it that just.... :wub:
this is one of my dad's favorite songs ever

The song is so underrated. Michael's ad-libs towards the end are incredible! He sounds like he is begging, (which is basically the whole point). He is someone who knows how to convey emotion through singing and he showed that in LIML.
:yes::yes::yes::yes:

This is easily one of my favorites. Everything about this song is amazing. The lyrics, the music, Michael's smooth vocals and commanding final ad-libs. It's a beautiful, romantic ballad. I played it constantly after that awful day in June with a brand new appreciation.

Me, too. I cry every time I hear it. I love this song.

He's the only one for me. Come to meeeee.

I will keep you warm through the shadows of the night.

I love this song! When I listen to it, I pretend that Michael is singing it to me! LOL!

OMg, This song moves me in ways.

I love u Michael, you are the baby in my life. I love him, I love him, I love him,I love him, I love him, I love him, I love him

This is my favorite ballad of all time.

I've loved this song for over 25 years now and I always will.

I'm a die-hard romantic now in my 30's and to be honest, I give partial credit to listening to this song as a kid back in the early 80's. This song gave me my first example of what romance sounded like and what romance should be like.

And you are all correct....this song is definitely underrated. It always has been for some reason. I don't know of any time Michael ever sang this in any sort of live performance ever, but I'd always wished he would.

By the way, another great thing about this song is it's got to be the PERFECT closing song for Thriller. I mean seriously...this song just completely fits where it is on the album as the closer. Great, great work by Mike and Quincy on song placement.

This song Is NOOOOO Where near Underrated by ME. LOOOVE IT all over..alll over.. all over baby.. Oooooh!

Love this song. Awesome but underrated. It took some time to figure out the greatness of this song... or even listen to it. But now I love it! I don't even remember the time I have skipped this song anywhere. Awesomeness!

I get a little sad when I hear him sing "Even when we're old and gray..." because his chance to grow old was taken from him. :(

But I love how he sings that line...

haha. me too. His voice is just pure magic. Whenever I listen to this song I just indulge myself in the music and melt. He could of been singing about toes to that melody and I still would of loved it.
:yes::yes:

Amazing song...makes me dribble :p
:mello:...... :rollin:

I also loved the fact that they recorded it a thousand times, but it wasn't good enough all the time. But then Quincy told Mike to "beg", so he asked them to close the curtains and he BEGGED! That is the version we know now! :D
:girl_in_love:

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL MJ WOULD'VE EVER HAD TO BEG!!! WELL UNLESS IT WAS TO GET OFF HIM..LMAOOO:cheeky:

This song just makes me tingle especially towards the end when he gets fierce with it...
I LOVE YOU , I LOVE YOU, I NEED YOU, I WANT YOU BABY.....
OH AND
STAY WITH ME, I WANT YOU TO STAY WITH ME, I NEED YOU BY MY SIDEEEE :wub:
:hysterical:

:wub::wub::wub::wub:....... :yes:

Completely agreed!
some time ago, when I was crazy about the thriller most famous songs (although I do like them as before I am kind of tired of listening them), I used to skip this track. It´s not like a song that calls atention at first, you have to hear it quietly, carefully, you have to feel it. When I started doing it, I completely fell in love with this song. It´s just amazing! The way he sings it, smoothly, sensually...I´m hooked on it!

Last edited:
My husband and I chose this song to be played for our first dance on our wedding day, it was so romantic and we both love this song and have a very special memory to it. :)

My husband and I chose this song to be played for our first dance on our wedding day, it was so romantic and we both love this song and have a very special memory to it. :)
*sigh* that's amazing :yes:

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

How did I miss this thread for so long?! I LOVE and ADORE "Lady In My Life". Gorgeous song with incredible and passionate vocals from Michael. Definitely one of my fave MJ songs ever. It's brilliant. I love it so much! And I'm so glad that it hasn't been overplayed like most of the other songs on "Thriller". It makes it more special to me.

Oh how I wish that MJ had performed LIML live.

That is really sweet:). I think "Lady In My Life" is a perfect song to play at a wedding. Very romantic indeed.

*sigh* again, lol. I just saw this thread again on the main forum page and I figured I needed to come back again and say how much I love this song, lol. Muahahahaaa!!

*sigh* again, lol. I just saw this thread again on the main forum page and I figured I needed to come back again and say how much I love this song, lol. Muahahahaaa!!

Same with me. i've commented in here as well.. I looove this song,always have!

I love these 2 lines of the song:

You're Every Wonder In This World To Me
A Treasure Time Won't Steal Away

This song is the sex and that's how I have to explain it :lol:

All over all over all over all over baby!Whooooooo! !

Close your eyes and he's right there...

SeXy-SmOoth-SeDucTive :cupid:
I adore the song! :cloud9:

Back