Lady In My Life.

littlesparrow

Proud Member
Can we just talk about how incredible (and underrated) this song is please?
I just had to make this thread, because I was appalled at the amount of people in the Thriller Elim. game who don't like it!

Lay back in my tenderness, let's make this a night we won't forget.
Girl, I need your sweet caress.
Reach out to a fantasy, two hearts in the beat of ecstasy
Come to me, girl...

[size=+3]SO SMOOTH.[/size]
This song melts me like ice.

Easily in my top 10, and easily one of, if not the sexiest songs by Michael Jackson.

Discuss.

That song is a great ballad , didn't know alot of people didn't like it. One of the best songs on there.

I love this song! When I listen to it, I pretend that Michael is singing it to me! LOL!

I absolutely love it! Definitely one of my all time faves.

One of Mike's best performances, the vocals are sublime! There's so much passion in his voice, I wonder who was the "Lady" he was thinking of as he recorded it??? I'd LOVE to know.
I don't know why it wasn't released as a single, it's my mother's personal favorite, she prefers it to most of his more famous songs and hasn't stopped listening to it ever since I introduced her to it a few months ago.

its not that we dont like it in the elimination thread.....its only that, well me, like the others better that are left on the thriller album more. i dont dislike the lady in my life, but i dont feel it to be number 1 or 2 or 5 in my heart either. but of course i listen to it.

its not that we dont like it in the elimination thread.....its only that, well me, like the others better that are left on the thriller album more. i dont dislike the lady in my life, but i dont feel it to be number 1 or 2 or 5 in my heart either. but of course i listen to it.

Yes, that makes sense.
I've seen various people say that they find it boring both in there and in other threads, that's what surprised me, really!

There is just something about this song, even when I hear the first few notes I get goosebumps. Always has been a fave of mine. :wub:

That song is multiple orgasm inducing at the first 5 words. Please chile, I can't even click the button to listen to it cause it's just too much! :heart: When I found the long version I was too through! This was me: :stretcher:

It is my favorite song of his, probably #1 for me out of all of his music. I know he didn't write it but it doesn't matter.. the way he SINGS it SLAYS me.

I DO LOVE THIS SONG!!! *see my siggy*

Actually, I never really paid real attention to the Thriller album (well, don't get me wrong, I knew all the songs and everything) but always forgot how it's good until re-listening to it.. And recently, I just completely fell in love with this song, well, it was after a MJ tribute concert in Montreal when singer 'Gage' sang it.. aaaw my God!

Talk about orgasmic song! Just at the breakdown! There! yes!
all over all over all over all over.....
*listening to uncut version now...*

This song is my MJ song. I have loved it for 25 years. It reminds me of high school and love, along with PYT. I was hoping that it would have made the TII cut, I do hear it played on the radio quiet storm shows (as noted above), so it is probably one that is requested a lot.

I could listen to it forever, and I will... I love the Thriller album and this song is like the cherry on top!

Exactly, and I think that's important that we remember that.
Or else it would mean that we don't like any other song except the one that is gonna win.

The Dangerous elimination is a good example where I absolutely love the entire album, except 2 songs which I "just" think are great. :)

That song is multiple orgasm inducing at the first 5 words. Please chile, I can't even click the button to listen to it cause it's just too much! :heart: When I found the long version I was too through! This was me: :stretcher:

It is my favorite song of his, probably #1 for me out of all of his music. I know he didn't write it but it doesn't matter.. the way he SINGS it SLAYS me.

haha. me too. His voice is just pure magic. Whenever I listen to this song I just indulge myself in the music and melt. He could of been singing about toes to that melody and I still would of loved it.

one of my favorite mj ballads..i'd love to see michael singing this song live.

This song sends shivers down my spine when I hear it..

One of his most beautiful ballads. Great to listen to when you're in love.

I think this is one of the most romantic songs MJ ever sang. It's just beautiful.

How can anyone not like this song? It's sublime! :wub:

And confession time... when he sings "Girl I'm gonna keep you warm", I used to think he sang "Girl I'm gonna give you one"! :blush:

I'd love to hear a live version too if anyone has one. Not found one yet.

I also loved the fact that they recorded it a thousand times, but it wasn't good enough all the time. But then Quincy told Mike to "beg", so he asked them to close the curtains and he BEGGED! That is the version we know now! :D

i have never heard the uncut version so im glad you posted it. WOW i have always loved this song. always brings a little ping to the pit of my stomach lol.

Exactly, and I think that's important that we remember that.
Or else it would mean that we don't like any other song except the one that is gonna win.

The Dangerous elimination is a good example where I absolutely love the entire album, except 2 songs which I "just" think are great. :)

I absolutely love Dangerous. I think that is my favorite album.

1. My first MJ album...
2. love every song from the album

back to topic.... i love LIMF

meee toooooo :cheers:

And confession time... when he sings "Girl I'm gonna keep you warm", I used to think he sang "Girl I'm gonna give you one"! :blush:

So did I! :hysterical:

I also loved the fact that they recorded it a thousand times, but it wasn't good enough all the time. But then Quincy told Mike to "beg", so he asked them to close the curtains and he BEGGED! That is the version we know now! :D

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL MJ WOULD'VE EVER HAD TO BEG!!! WELL UNLESS IT WAS TO GET OFF HIM..LMAOOO:cheeky:

This song just makes me tingle especially towards the end when he gets fierce with it...
I LOVE YOU , I LOVE YOU, I NEED YOU, I WANT YOU BABY.....
OH AND
STAY WITH ME, I WANT YOU TO STAY WITH ME, I NEED YOU BY MY SIDEEEE :wub:

This song is in my top 10.
It's romantic and sexy at the same time. And I love that part towards the end when he starts to beg "I love you", "I need you".

Back