Lady Gaga - Alejandro

i really like the songs she composed and performed before she became famous, but i guess after she got signed the record companies wanted her songs i guess to have a more popish sound for radio listeners

Does anyone think she looks better in the video posted with Brown hair, shes way too over the top now she looked cute when she was 'normal'.

Does anyone think she looks better in the video posted with Brown hair, shes way too over the top now she looked cute when she was 'normal'.

i see what you mean, but the image keeps the audience entertained b/c there's lots of great singers who can piano really well so the image with fashion is an extra to stand out

I've never really liked Alejandro the song, I think its the weakest from the Fame Monster, so couldn't understand why she wanted to make it a single.
But anyway, I watched the video the other day with my friend (who is a big Gaga fan) and neither of us were impressed. She's started to kill her songs with her videos. I felt she did the same with Telephone; before I saw the video I loved that song, now I can't listen to it, it reminds me of the video, and the video was too much.
A good thing about Gaga, is she keeps us guessing. We'll never know what she has in mind for the next music video and I suppose the surprise is what makes her so interesting; whether you actually like her artistry or not.
She's probably one of the better artists out there for making pop songs at the moment, but whether you can stand her next to the likes of Madonna yet, is debatable. Lets see what she's doing in 10 years time before we make any comparisons.

I honestly dont get the hype surrounding her appearance. Fans and critics says she is so innovative, unique, goes her own way, stylish, dont care if she upsets anyone, sexual, controversial (in a good way) and yada yada..

For me, she is acting exactly the same as Madonna did during the 80s and 90s. Ive seen this concept before.. Madonna has already done this imo. Been there done that kinda.

I actually like Lady Gaga, most of her songs most of her videos..

However when I first seen this one I felt like "okay this is trying to hard to be different". It looked like she was trying to hard to pass Madonna. So sorry I don't like this one.

tumblr_l3phmx8FTQ1qzzaelo1_500.jpg

lol....
where is the line between being inspired by your idols and coping them?

I just want to say that this song is very catchy, can't take it out of my mind these day.. Ale-alejandro.The video doesn't have any meaning?

Lady Gaga’s “Alejandro”: The Occult Meaning

Lady Gaga’s Alejandro video caused quite a stir with the blasphemous nature of its imagery. Many people are, however, still wondering: What is the meaning of the song and what message is the video trying to convey? This article examines the occult symbols used in Alejandro in order to understand its underlying message.

So, by show of hands, who envisioned gay Nazi soldiers being raped by Lady Gaga while first listening to Alejandro? Okay, counting … one person. One sick, disturbed person. But seriously, art doesn’t have to be literal and Lady Gaga’s latest video surely isn’t. As was the case with Bad Romance and Telephone, the video for Alejandro adds another layer of interpretation to the song by giving the words a deeper meaning.

Taking place in a cold, Orwellian, militaristic setting, the visuals of the video sharply contrast with the “summer-y” Latin beat of the song. Other opposing concepts collide and blend in the video as well: good vs. evil, male vs. female and domination vs. submission. The religious symbolism, in addition to adding the “shock factor” necessary to get people talking, gives the song a definite spiritual connotation.

The video for Alejandro is very symbolic and leaves it open for multiple interpretations. For instance, I’ve read an interpretation of the video claiming that it portrays the Catholic church’s repression of the gay community. This interpretation might have some validity to it, but it ignores many important aspects of the video. Other observers seem to believe that all videos with religious imagery are “tributes to Madonna.” This is an astute observation, but doesn’t explain anything. In addition to a possible tribute, the symbolism of the video tells a story of spiritual rejection and metamorphosis taking place in the context of an oppressive police state. The trend of incorporating militaristic and oppressive imagery in recent music videos has been discussed in some previous articles on Vigilant Citizen.

The video was directed by Steven Klein, a well-established photographer in the fashion industry. He has worked with Calvin Klein, Alexander McQueen, Madonna, Nike and many others. His photographic style often exploits the theme of homoeroticism and he obviously carried that theme into this video format.

We will attempt to decode the symbolism of the video and how it relates in today’s context. Here’s the video:

http://www.youtube.com/v/niqrrmev4mA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&
Spiritual Transformation

The most prevalent theme in the song is rejection. The introduction of the song establishes this concept right away:
“I know that we are young.
And I know you may love me.
But I just can’t be with you like this anymore,
Alejandro.”

The video starts with a funeral procession. Gaga wears a black veil and holds the Sacred Heart, the bleeding heart of God for humanity. Something is dead inside of Gaga and it seems to be her love for Alejandro.
Is there a syringe in the Sacred Heart?

But who is Alejandro? A gay guy she cannot be with? A man she is cheating on with Roberto and Fernando? All possibilities, the song is not quite clear about that. The imagery of the video, however, tells the viewers that Alejandro might stand for something deeper.

In a later scene, Gaga is shown laying down, wearing a red latex nun suit and holding a rosary.

Looking at the sky she says: “Stop, please, just let me go.” Then, just when she says “Alejandro,” she raises her hands to the sky. In this context, it is safe to say that Alejandro might very well be God.
But why the name Alejandro? The letters within that name might give some clues. The first letter of Alejandro is “A” and the last letter is “O” … the Alpha and Omega of the book of Revelation, the beginning and the end of everything. In other words Alejandro is the name of the personal god Gaga is talking to.
“She hides true love
En su bolsillo.
She’s got a halo ’round her finger,
Around you.”

The halo around the finger is a wedding ring and Alejandro has a halo around him, which signifies he is considered “holy.” The wedding ring represents Gaga’s union with God through religion, but she is now ashamed of this marriage. She hides the ring in her bolsillo, the spanish word for pocket.

The concept of rejection is thus applied to God as he does not seem to satisfy Gaga’s spiritual needs. She then decides to seek godhood herself by embracing a new type of spirituality. It seems to me the nun becomes a Luciferian priestess.
Luciferian priestess hiding one eye as a sign of Illuminati control or loyalty

google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);
Inverted Cross

Gaga’s robe contains many inverted crosses. This is extremely significant in symbolic language. The cross is a symbol of the Christian faith as it represents Jesus Christ’s sacrifice and resurrection. In Christianity, the inverted cross is known as the “Cross of St. Peter”, in honor of Simon Peter who requested to be crucified upside down because he felt unworthy to be put to death in the same matter as Christ.
In non-Christian circles, however, the inversion of the cross represents the perversion and desecration of what it symbolizes. For this reason, inverted symbols are found in black magic and satanism.
“In symbolism, an inverted figure always signifies a perverted power (…) Black magic is not a fundamental art; it is the misuse of an art. Therefore it has no symbols of its own. It merely takes the emblematic figures of white magic, and by inverting and reversing them signifies that it is left-handed.”
- Manly P. Hall, Secret Teachings of All Ages
Inverted cross and inverted pentagram as satanic symbols

The inverted cross, placed on Gaga’s crotch, becomes a phallic symbol. Superimposed and combined with her female genitals, the theme of androgony becomes prevalent. In occult circles, the alchemical transformation of the spiritual matter, the Great Work, must unite both opposing energies.
Becoming a God

The rosary is a set of beads used in Catholic tradition for prayer and meditation. By swallowing the rosary, Gaga incorporates within her a symbol of religious devotion because 1) it is shocking and would get media attention 2) represents Gaga seeking to obtain godhood by her own means. We have here a symbolic representation of the tenets of Luciferianism, which is the drive to attain divinity by one own means. Lucifer is considered to be the active principle towards godhood, the one who brought “divine light” to the humans.

In another scene, Gaga is shown giving the sign of benediction and blessing, a gesture reserved in Catholicism to those who are considered Holy.
A classic image of Christ showing the sign of Benediction and pointing towards the Sacred Heart

Later in the video, Gaga is violently pushed around and abused by the dancers surrounding her. She surrenders and removes her robe for sexual, ritual initiation.

At the ending of the video, Gaga is consumed from within and her “inner light” comes out, representing her transformation from the physical to the spiritual plane.

Gaga’s performance at American Idol truly exploited the Luciferian theme of the song.

The performance takes place in a setting reminiscent to the Garden of Eden, where the “Fallen Angel”–Lucifer, the one who was banished from Heaven and tempted Adam and Eve with divine knowledge–presides over the ceremony. Fire comes out of the angel’s wings(after all, he is the “Light Bringer”) each time Gaga says “Alejandro.” At the end of the performance, Gaga is lifted up under the Fallen Angel as a blood-red liquid oozes out from the fountain underneath him. Another ritual sacrifice has taken place on prime-time television.
Police State Imagery

Gaga’s spiritual transformation is taking place in a dark, oppressive and militaristic backdrop. This trend in music videos has been discussed in The Transhumanist and Police State Agenda in Pop Music. The article describes how the public is currently being bombarded with militaristic and oppressive imagery, intertwined with sexuality, in order to desensitize the public and create a subconscious positive association. Alejandro is clearly a continuation of this agenda set by the rest of the industry. During the entire video, we see in the background a giant screen displaying scenes of social unrest, buildings on fire and military police running around, placing the viewers in a tense and oppressive ambiance.

The video opens with men marching to a militaristic rhythm, some of them having their heads covered, maybe hinting that those men are prisoners of some sort. One of men is inside a pyramidal shape while another holds a hexagram as the prisoners march. Is this a representation of the masses marching to the rhythm of the elite, holding up high the symbols of its own oppression?

Gaga is then shown in a position of power, wearing a black, illuminated crown while looking over the prisoners performing for her.

The “Black Queen” removes one goggle at a time, flashing the Illuminati All-Seeing Eye sign (discussed in many previous articles on this site) and revealing the true nature of her power.
Again, One-Eye hinting to the nature of the oppressive force

In this scene, Gaga wears a “gun bra,” in accordance with the agenda of the sexualization of oppressive imagery. Her back-up dancers are dressed in uniforms reminiscent of fascist dictatorships in the era of Hitler, Franco and Mussolini. Political oppression is indeed sexy … oh wait, no it’s not … it actually goes everything America supposedly stands for.
Mind Controlled Slaves?

In a symbolic scene, a soldier is shown attached to strings, like marionette. He is not in control of his own movements and holds a gun on his privates (more sexualization of weaponry). He stares blankly, looking confused as a mind-control slave would.

In what looks like an internment camp, Gaga has the gay men bound to a bed as she rapes them, in what looks like a reenactment of ritual abuse.

In the final scene of the video, Gaga is shown attached to strings. Is she herself controlled into perpetuating this agenda?

In Conclusion

As stated above, the video to Alejandro is very complex and symbolic, tand lends itself to multiple interpretations, depending on the viewer’s knowledge and point of view. There are, however, parts of the video in which the symbolism is clear and concise, leaving little doubt regarding the message being communicated. During the video, Gaga goes through a very profound metamorphosis, rejecting Christian faith by desecrating its symbols and embracing a new type of spirituality.

Is Gaga’s transformation a representation of the transformation that is currently happening on a worldwide scale? Are members of the elite, who were thought to be part of “regular” religions, revealing their true, Luciferian selves to the public? Will the New World Order leave traditional religions in the dust to embrace a new type of spirituality?

Whatever the case may be, pivotal videos such as this one disseminate into the collective unconscious a specific set of symbols and values that will become, in time, “part of our culture.” In order to achieve this, charismatic figures that are admired by the public are used make those messages cool and trendy. Music fans have been subjected to an intense creative drought in the past years, which caused them to be desperate for a new, eccentric and iconic presence. So Lady Gaga comes into picture, slightly distances herself from the painfully formulaic music acts and is heralded as the new pop princess. She also brings with her all of the Illuminati agenda and flashes in her fans faces the symbols of their own oppression. I’m sure many fans have a gut feeling that something is wrong with her act, but still can’t stop listening to her. They must tell themselves, “well there is nothing else to listen to.” And that’s what media monopolies are all about.

http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=3979

After waiting a considerable amount of time since the single was first released for this video to air on television, all I can say is that I am profoundly disappointed. I must say that the song itself is really catchy, although lacking in any depth whatsoever. I never expected Lady Gaga to come up with anything groundbreaking or even mildly surprising as far as general standards of quality are concerned. I did, however, expect Gaga to keep up with her personal standards of quality, which, to be honest, aren't particularly high at all. Her last couple of videos have at the very least had some sort of storyline, however sketchy. I applaud her decision to make "Telephone" a follow-up to "Paparazzi". While I didn't expect the "Alejandro" video to be related in any way to the previous two videos, I did expect it to at least be loosely related to the lyrics of the actual song (or to something besides pointless homoerotic scenes).

I was disappointed to see this horrible video after waiting all this time. For those of you who may have your doubts, the homoerotic scenarios have absolutely nothing to do with my negative response to this video. I believe Gaga could have made a coherent video while still utilizing homoerotic scenes (which seemed to be her intention, if we are to judge by her interview with Larry King). However, Gaga focused her attention on the sexual scenes (homoerotic and otherwise), thereby completely abandoning any existing storyline (assuming one even existed in the first place). The end result is over eight and a half minutes of absolutely pointless material displayed for our viewing displeasure.

I am neither a fan or a hater of Lady Gaga. Her material (I hesitate to call it music, but that's my stance with most mainstream artists today so that's not exclusive to her) is generally catchy and of acceptable quality if judged against the material produced by her peers. I like some of her songs, although I really don't care for most of her stuff, to be honest. This song is one of her best ones, in my personal opinion. I am just disappointed to see her waste one of her only songs with a halfway coherent storyline in favour of random, made-for-shock (well, for most people) sexually "charged" scenes. The whole thing is cheap and fails to raise an eyebrow for me, but then again, I am an avid reader of the Marquis de Sade's material, so it takes a whole lot more than Lady Gaga and Xtina Aguilera's poorly made videos to come close to even getting my attention in that way.

Conversely, I am sure a ton of 50's housewives will be having a cow over their precious children (or grandchildren?) viewing "such filth". LMAO, I say that in jest! xD

I think the video is meh but i really love the song. The song has something that has been really lacking in today's mainstream music and that's melody. The song has a great catchy beat and fantastic melody.

I think the video is meh but i really love the song. The song has something that has been really lacking in today's mainstream music and that's melody. The song has a great catchy beat and fantastic melody.

couldn't agree with you more! :clapping:

and you know what else makes this song great? No auto tune!!! (Well not that i could hear anyway)

i like her, her style and most of her previous songs.
this song isnt bad... but it has two big flaws...
in the video its way too long...
its so repetitive it got annoying with the first viewing for me...
and the video is too much full of references to other artists work.

^^ She straight up copies madonna in so many ways but I guess that video sums up some of the things pretty good.
I personally can't stand her 'music' and the way she gets treated in the press. No one in the media dares to say that she is straight up reliving Madonna's career and copying other artists to mix it up a little while it is so obvious. Only difference is that Madonna did all that in about 25 years and knew when to make a powerfull impact while this girl rushes and stuffs it in about 2 years.
I really think that she is already addicted to the spotlight. Her ego is probably growing just as fast.
But to each their own I guess.

Last edited:
i love the video!!!!!!
its awesome!!
her creativity just keeps impressing me i think shes brilliant so different to anyone else these days
the songs awesome too!

i love the video!!!!!!
its awesome!!
her creativity just keeps impressing me i think shes brilliant so different to anyone else these days
the songs awesome too!

Why do you like this video? I just want to hear things from the perspective of someone who actually liked it.

I thought it was rubbish, as you can see from my first post here. It lacks a point, a connection to the song, and creativity. A bunch of random, made-for-shock sexual images is not my idea of creative. You, however, say otherwise. I would like to hear more please.

I think her stuff is mostly emotionless rubbish with no point to it whatsoever. It's noise, JUST LIKE most of the acts out there today. I don't see any difference between her and most of the people out there today. She's copying Madonna with the blasphemous religious imagery, etc.

The only song of hers that can rightly be called a song is "speechless" because the emotion is clearly audible. She wrote that for her dad, though, so that may be the reason why that one is so good. She clearly has the talent and capacity to make good songs--I don't know why she's selling out and making stupid, pointless noise.

"Alejandro" was a pretty catchy song. I don't know why she ruined it with that horrible video. Her last two videos were entertaining. I don't know why she had to make "Alejandro" homoerotic/sexual nonsense. If she was going to go that way, fine, but at least have a storyline. Random crap is not artistic. It's just random crap.

Anyway, I think I have sufficiently voiced my POV. Your turn. :)

Guys lets just tall about the artist and the video, not have a comparison to Michael. And guys, tone down the language please. If you don't like her then fine but say it in a constructive way, not call her every name under the sun. To be honest I'm not a fan of Gaga, I don't dislike her, but I think she tries too hard to shock and people will get bored like people are starting too already. I was disapointed by the video, I thought it was too long and a bit dull. It went on forever. Too much filler in it.

Guys lets just tall about the artist and the video, not have a comparison to Michael. And guys, tone down the language please. If you don't like her then fine but say it in a constructive way, not call her every name under the sun. To be honest I'm not a fan of Gaga, I don't dislike her, but I think she tries too hard to shock and people will get bored like people are starting too already. I was disapointed by the video, I thought it was too long and a bit dull. It went on forever. Too much filler in it.

LOL @ comparing gaga to MICHAEL JACKSON!

Anyway, I agree with everything you said here. Personally speaking, Gaga fails to shock, awe and amaze me. Her stuff is just sad. People are so easily shocked by cheap crap, though. She's basically Madonna 2.0
Even that stuff isn't shocking. There's stuff from the 18th century that would completely blow these two ladies out of the water in shock factor =P

I know someone made a comment about the video being a metaphor for gay struggles. That is true, but it's totally inappropriate for a song like "Alejandro". Gaga should have devoted an entire song to that issue and accompanied it with the video. Otherwise, the images seem totally random and out of place.

Anyway, I didn't see anyone calling gaga anything (other than a cheap copycat), so I reckon the offensive posts must have been removed? I kept my criticisms civil and fairly constructive. *deposits two cents*

I like how the video has nothing to do with the song. Just a bunch of random ass "shocking" shit to make people go "OMG SHE'S SO DEEP!".

it's not ok to compare her to Michael...but it is ok to compare her to Madonna..lol

but.anyway...funny how this gaga is called lady gaga, and madonna is madonna, and it brings to mind lady madonna by the beatles. very important that i mention that. lol

it's not ok to compare her to Michael...but it is ok to compare her to Madonna..lol but anyway...funny how this gaga is called lady gaga, and madonna is madonna, and it brings to mind lady madonna by the beatles. very important that i mention that. lol[/
QUOTE]

LOL.

I actually do believe it is a huge insult to Madonna to compare Lady Gaga to her but Lady Gaga does copy her all the time so that's where the comparison comes from. Also, Madonna is no where as talented as Michael so that's why people get offended when others say "Michael Jackson" and "Lady Gaga" in the same sentence.

I have to say that the first time I saw Just Dance, I said : "Lady GaGa? Well there sure ain't nothing "Lady" about her!" :lol:

Last edited:
oh..i'd be offended by a comparison to Michael, too. lol.

and i don't care if gaga's compared to madonna..lol

The song sounds like a 90's old skool Ace of Base track, but it is one of my favorites on Monster, its great to see her bring that sound back, the video is dope to

I found this video very interesting........

Lady Gaga copies Madonna?

[youtube]Lo2RcQr42BY&feature[/youtube]

:unsure:

:lol:

Thanks for posting this, I like watching these kind of things :), the best one has to go to Beyonce, the amount of people shes copied of is unbelievable, can't remember what the videos called but its on youtube Beyonce Biggest copycat or something like that it was called...

Back