La Toya releases new book and single / Summary @ Pg 30 / Pictures @ Pg 33

Re: La Toya to release new book and single on the same day

I'm not really anticiapting th book though i;ll give ti a chance but i am looking forward to that album, they played 'Just wanna' dance on RuPaul's drag race and the songs i've heard on youtube sound good, with the proper promotion i think she could do well on the dance charts.

Latoya, just like Jermaine, was desperate to be famous. She was jealous of MJ & his fame.
Latoya was not jealous, she was very open to Michael that he was an inspiration and she even told him that. There is nothing wrong with that, not every sibling of a successful artist is jealous, some are actually happy for their success and get inspired.

I don't understand why people who hate the Jacksons bother to come to this section. We all know your opinion on them. "They are living off Michael, they didn't love him..." You don't need to spread that shit over every thread in 2300 Jackson Street. Why can't I discuss La Toya's new book and new single without having to see people hating on the Jacksons?

I think there should be a debate thread about the Jacksons because some people just can't help spreading their opinion in every Jackson-related thread.

Are you forgetting that Hollywood Tonight was started around 1999 and got released in 2010? Much Too Soon was started in 1981 and got released in 2010.

Doesn't the fact that La Toya spent time on this single tell you it must be quite good? She didn't just work on it for a few weeks and release whatever she could come up with in that time.
:clapping:

Even though I am not too happy about her putting Michael on the cover to make the book sell better, this will be the only Jackson book I want to buy

Here is an updated description of the book if anyone is interested:

In an account sure to send shock waves around the globe, La Toya sheds new light on the dynamics of the Jackson family and the curtain of secrecy and intrigue that has surrounded her brother Michael, and the rest of the Jackson children, since they became stars in the '60s and '70s. She explains her estrangement from— and gradual reconciliation with—one of America's most famous and close-knit families.

Like Michael, La Toya experienced an upbringing that made her vulnerable to exploitation, and her own journey led to hell and back at the hands of her former manager and husband, Jack Gordon. Sharing with honesty and an open heart some of the most painful episodes of her life story, La Toya reveals how anyone—regardless of fame, fortune, or status—can be trapped in a cycle of abuse, and how she was able to find the courage to rebuild her shattered sense of self, her career, and her relationship with her family, and to finally break free.

This tale will touch the hearts of the millions who are fans of the Jackson family's music as well as those who have ever shared a special relationship with a sibling. Not just the story of the world's most renowned family, this memoir will inspire anyone who feels as if their life has fallen apart and there's nowhere to go, unless they too can learn to truly start over. . .

http://books.simonandschuster.com/Starting-Over/La-Toya-Jackson/9781451620580

libsta81;3394551 said:

In an account sure to send shock waves around the globe, La Toya sheds new light on the dynamics of the Jackson family and the curtain of secrecy and intrigue that has surrounded her brother Michael, and the rest of the Jackson children, since they became stars in the '60s and '70s. She explains her estrangement from— and gradual reconciliation with—one of America's most famous and close-knit families.

Like Michael, La Toya experienced an upbringing that made her vulnerable to exploitation, and her own journey led to hell and back at the hands of her former manager and husband, Jack Gordon. Sharing with honesty and an open heart some of the most painful episodes of her life story, La Toya reveals how anyone—regardless of fame, fortune, or status—can be trapped in a cycle of abuse, and how she was able to find the courage to rebuild her shattered sense of self, her career, and her relationship with her family, and to finally break free.

This tale will touch the hearts of the millions who are fans of the Jackson family's music as well as those who have ever shared a special relationship with a sibling. Not just the story of the world's most renowned family, this memoir will inspire anyone who feels as if their life has fallen apart and there's nowhere to go, unless they too can learn to truly start over. . .

Thanks! Well, I believe that will not have any "news" on this book. :fear:

libsta81;3394551 said:

Hmmmmmmmmok. Yeah....sure.

Not to be rude but, what exactly is Latoya's career? And I mean that seriously! Do she consider herself a singer? Do y'all see her that way? Even though she doesn't have the best singing career as we know it...she tried but, failed! So where is her and what is her talent?! Help me understand cause, I don't get it! I always seen her as a struggling Jackson trying to have what the J5, MJ and Janet has achieved that she just couldn't, truth be told!

Now, she uses that last name to do reality TV the cheapest form to get ur name out there for a few cheap bucks! That is what I see! Yes, she went through a lot and I'm glad she changed...somewhat. But, I still don't get what is exactly her career?! lol Oh well. I guess it only matters to some that she is related to MJ :smilerolleyes: and she know it too! lol

Last edited:

Not to be rude but, what exactly is Latoya's career? And I mean that seriously! Do she consider herself a singer? Do y'all see her that way? Even though she doesn't have the best singing career as we know it...she tried but, failed! So where is her and what is her talent?! Help me understand cause, I don't get it! I always seen her as a struggling Jackson trying to have what the J5, MJ and Janet has achieved that she just couldn't, truth be told!

Now, she uses that last name to do reality TV the cheapest from to get ur name out there for a few cheap bucks! That is what I see! Yes, she went through a lot and I'm glad she changed...somewhat. But, I still don't get what is exactly her career?! lol Oh well. I guess it only matters to some that she is related to MJ :smilerolleyes: and she know it too! lol

her career is whatever Paris Hilton's is. Celeb by association...you don't need talent for that, do you? The Kardashians have no talent either.

libsta81;3394551 said:

[http://books.simonandschuster.com/Starting-Over/La-Toya-Jackson/9781451620580

Everytime I see or hear that I just laugh.

her career is whatever Paris Hilton's is. Celeb by association...you don't need talent for that, do you? The Kardashians have no talent either.
I don't think Latoya's 'career' or fame/status for that matter can be compared to that of Paris Hilton or the Kardashians (esp Kim's) though all of them have the no talent factor in common for sure.

All her career is to be part of Jackson family. But if the rest of family members indeed was working so hard, she was absolutely useless. She was just messing around and as i see she still is. As a singer she is very bad, as well as a songwriter or writer or anybody else.

what is exactly her career?! lol
All her career is to be part of Jackson family.

As a singer she is very bad, as well as a songwriter or writer or anybody else.

Agree! :fear:

La Toya Jackson, Book Signing Tour “Starting Over”

Sun, May 29, 2011

Singer-songwriter La Toya Jackson will be signing copies of her second memoir, “Starting Over.” La Toya is the fifth born of ten children in the famous Jackson family. The height of LaToya’s career as a singer and entertainer was throughout the 1980s and 1990s, during which time she was in a volatile marriage for seven years with her then-manager Jack Gordon from 1989 to 1996. The 80s saw her rise to international success with the critically acclaimed album “Heart Don’t Lie” and her bestselling spread for Playboy magazine which sold over 8 million copies.

Toward the end of the 90s, La Toya’s career began to decline, for the most part due to an abusive relationship with ex-husband and manager Jack Gordon, who began booking her for gigs like spokeswoman for the Psychic Friends Network. During that time, Gordon had successfully alienated La Toya completely from the Jackson family and even coerced her into making false public statements about her famous brother Michael. La Toya re-emerged into the public eye in the early 2000s after a decade of wearing the badge of “black sheep” of the Jackson family. Since then, she had regained ties with her famous brother Michael, for whom she was named as the informant on his death certificate and the first family member to arrive at UCLA Medical Center after he was pronounced dead on June 25, 2009. The following month, La Toya went public with her belief that her brother was the victim of homicide. “Starting Over” will be released on June 21, 2011, and sounds as if it will be a revelatory read.

Book Signing Tour

June 21, 2011

6:00 PM

BookEnds

East Ridgewood Avenue

Ridgewood, NJ.

June 22, 2011

Barnes & Noble

Warren Street

New York, NY.

June 28, 2011

7:00 PM

Barnes & Noble

Grove Drive

Los Angeles, CA.

http://www.booksigningcentral.com/2011/05/29/la-toya-jackson-book-signing-tour-starting-over/

Resa;3396076 said:

Sun, May 29, 2011

Singer-songwriter La Toya Jackson will be signing copies of her second memoir, “Starting Over.” La Toya is the fifth born of ten children in the famous Jackson family. The height of LaToya’s career as a singer and entertainer was throughout the 1980s and 1990s, during which time she was in a volatile marriage for seven years with her then-manager Jack Gordon from 1989 to 1996. The 80s saw her rise to international success with the critically acclaimed album “Heart Don’t Lie” and her bestselling spread for Playboy magazine which sold over 8 million copies.

Toward the end of the 90s, La Toya’s career began to decline, for the most part due to an abusive relationship with ex-husband and manager Jack Gordon, who began booking her for gigs like spokeswoman for the Psychic Friends Network. During that time, Gordon had successfully alienated La Toya completely from the Jackson family and even coerced her into making false public statements about her famous brother Michael. La Toya re-emerged into the public eye in the early 2000s after a decade of wearing the badge of “black sheep” of the Jackson family. Since then, she had regained ties with her famous brother Michael, for whom she was named as the informant on his death certificate and the first family member to arrive at UCLA Medical Center after he was pronounced dead on June 25, 2009. The following month, La Toya went public with her belief that her brother was the victim of homicide. “Starting Over” will be released on June 21, 2011, and sounds as if it will be a revelatory read.

Book Signing Tour

June 21, 2011

BookEnds

East Ridgewood Avenue

Ridgewood, NJ.

June 22, 2011

Barnes & Noble

Warren Street

New York, NY.

June 28, 2011

7:00 PM

Barnes & Noble

Grove Drive

Los Angeles, CA.

http://www.booksigningcentral.com/2011/05/29/la-toya-jackson-book-signing-tour-starting-over/

:fear:

nice timing for signing tour, La Toya...........

Resa;3396076 said:

Sun, May 29, 2011

Who uses this kind of information to sell a book?

Gee whiz...

I don't think Latoya's 'career' or fame/status for that matter can be compared to that of Paris Hilton or the Kardashians (esp Kim's) though all of them have the no talent factor in common for sure.
She is exactly on the same footing as the Hiltons and the Kardashians. They all use their family name and sex as their claim to fame.

Sadly I won't be in town when on June 21st....I would have definitely showed up at this interestingly timed book signing. Hopefully, very few will show up.

Now seriously, who is the sacrificial lamb here?

Who's gonna get the book and post it online....?

I think the best thing would be to get it on Kindle (cheaper!!!) so one doesn't have to waste time putting this on PDF.

By the way, MAC & PC users can download the amazon Kindle application for free, so you can read Kindle version of any books.

Personally I am not interested in reading it...I just don't want MJ fans to get suckered into putting money into this woman's pocket.

Last edited:

Lol, ur so cute with your funny silent smileys. And so right, by the way. You can't help but react like that. ^ ..

LOL

Yes.... and you know, it scares me just thinking about the content of the book :fear: and of course, the people making money using Michael. It is very worrying and it is not certain. :( *big sigh* I'm sure that if Michael was here, nobody would be writing books, no one would dare.

LOL

Yes.... and you know, it scares me just thinking about the content of the book :fear: and of course, the people making money using Michael. It is very worrying and it is not certain. :( *big sigh* I'm sure that if Michael was here, nobody would be writing books, no one would dare.

As always, I'm not gonna be buying any books about Michael. I don't think she'll write anything negative about Michael, nor her family this time, and will be talking more about her abusive relationship with Jack Gordon and her starting over after that tough period.

We don't need any more books on/about Michael Jackson. In fact, the only ones we ever truly needed were published in 1988, 1992, and 2007, respectively. I think you all know which books those are. ;)

Yay one more book ... :sleeping:

As always, I'm not gonna be buying any books about Michael. I don't think she'll write anything negative about Michael, nor her family this time, and will be talking more about her abusive relationship with Jack Gordon and her starting over after that tough period.

:agree:

This book will not have any new information about Michael. Nothing that we do not know. If people want to know about Michael and all its essence, just read the "Moonwalk"and "Dancing the Dream". -_- And of course, the book "Conspiracy" too.

Yay one more book ... :sleeping:

:lol:

:agree:

This book will not have any new information about Michael. Nothing that we do not know. If people want to know about Michael and all its essence, just read the "Moonwalk"and "Dancing the Dream". -_- And of course, the book "Conspiracy" too.

Of course she'll also write about how Murray is nothing but the fall guy in all this, that Michael told her he got death threats for his catalogue and that the culprits know who they are. ...

*rips hair* lol

Seriously tho... They should start giving names at once, at least in their books, but I'm not holding hopes high.

We don't need any more books on/about Michael Jackson. In fact, the only ones we ever truly needed were published in 1988, 1992, and 2007, respectively. I think you all know which books those are. ;)

:) Right.

Unfortunately, there's this toxic flood of books coming up that shatters all such dreams. ...

Of course she'll also write about how Murray is nothing but the fall guy in all this, that Michael told her he got death threats for his catalogue and that the culprits know who they are. ...
Yes. :fear: A lot of bla bla bla... we are tired of knowing that. :coffee:

*rips hair* lol

Or like Kermit >
kermit.gif

Seriously tho... They should start giving names at once, at least in their books, but I'm not holding hopes high.

Yes. :sigh: I'm really tired of the family talk about "them" and not say names. Why? If they can not say names be quiet or say once and for all. -_-

Ok i'm a little confused...the premise of this book is about La Toya's life when she was estranged from her family..the only reason she mentions Michael and her family is to tie in with how she ended her estrangement with her family and how she thought Michael might have been controlled like she was in light of his death right?..Michael is NOT the topic of the book...in an interview she said she wrote the book so that victims of domestic violence would have a voice and see that they are not the only ones suffering..what has that got to do with michael?

Why is everybody acting like the book is all about Michael? Why give it the title Starting Over if it is about Michael anyway?..that makes no sense! If the book however is about how she overcame her shattered life due to domestic violence, and is "starting over" with her family and the public then that makes sense..

Back