L.A. Times: Michael Jackson's American Music Awards nominations: Unfair? VOTE!

oops, posted in wrong thread, lol

Last edited:
If Jackson wins three or four of his five nominations (Pop & Hiss predicts a sweep), then the entire American Music Awards telecast will feel very much a tribute to Jackson.

Say hello to a major awards ceremony in which Michael Jackson is included! What about the 1984 Grammy's, in which Michael won 8 grammys in one damn night, breaking the world record?!! Welcome to his world, it's just how ceremonies go when he's in them. So they can't give that "it'll be like a tribute" crap. They're lucky Michael didn't ACTUALLY live to finish his new album!!!! He would have still dominated the awards more than ever! Their argument is useless.

Those haters are just scared because they don't want the brand new 2010 generation music from the new cats to lose to decade old MJ music. (imo, invincible sounds way better than alot of music today!)

Last edited:
Voted...again.. I have this on my twitter account. Michael's up almost 80%

Voted
Yes. They AMAs represent sales and popular opinion. 79% (6,342 votes)

No. The awards should reflect artists who have recently released new music. 21% (1,648 votes)

Voted, it wasn't fair that he didn't win any awards for his invincible, it wasn fair that they ruined his career, it wasn't fair that now people realized what a great personhe was.

"In a fan-voted contest such as the American Music Awards, current pop stars such as Swift and Gaga probably don't stand a chance."

Oh please, who cares? Boo hoo. Michael deserves these awards more than any of those other mainstream crap artists whose names won't even be remembered in the next 10 years.
Can't wait to see what the Grammy's hold in 2010. haha!

Just voted. :)

Thanks for posting the link to vote. I just voted for Michael. The AMA's reflect the current top sellers and radio play. If Michael's "Number Ones" CD is a top seller and is frequently being played on the radio, then there is nothing more to discuss. Unfair they ask? Do you have a few days for me to list what is unfair about the fact that Michael is no longer with us? I don't even want to hear it. If Michael doesn't win because of all the controversy, then the AMA's will show up as just another rigged award show. Just my 2 cents.

"though we're far apart, you're always in my heart..." :angel:

Back