L.A. Times: Michael Jackson's American Music Awards nominations: Unfair? VOTE!

I'm not even voting. This poll wont change anything. Michael is nominated and nothing can change that at this point, so it's a waste of time if you ask me.

I completely agree with you.

I'm just tired of all these [insert whatever word you think of]....ugh it just makes me want to scream.

Screw them!

I hope Mihcael wins everything including a special award recognition for all his works... That'll show their hater faces!!!! :lol:

The damn reason those 'other' artists are there is maily because of Michaels influence, so if he can still outsell you now then who are these people and the article writer to complain!!

Voted for Michael!

Why do you think it's unfair? If the nominations are based on air play and album sales, there is a reason why he's nominated. His music has been played and sold a lot this year.

Here is what i wrote in the other thread:

Now as i see the nominies, i think Favorite male and artis of the year are justifiable, cause after his dead he got back in the charts with his singles and albums.
But the nominies for best album aren't fair for an old album against the others.
If it was some other BIG artist, we would also be against.

Here is what i wrote in the other thread:

Now as i see the nominies, i think Favorite male and artis of the year are justifiable, cause after his dead he got back in the charts with his singles and albums.
But the nominies for best album aren't fair for an old album against the others.
If it was some other BIG artist, we would also be against.

this is not the first time an award has been nominated to a big artist with music outside the time limit. Paul McCartney got nominated for a GRAMMY last year, for remaking a BEATLES song. and the GRAMMYS aren't about what matters(sales) it's about peer group approval.

so..this is pure envy, once again, by the media, against Michael.

Other artists are just scared because they know Michael will ace them. So tired of this BS following Michael all the time.

Voted and commented. Michael is the King and the music industry is finally showing him some respect in the new millennium. He deserves to be nominated because he is the best.

I voted. I sent out the email all to my family to vote for MJ.

I voted too. The big majority is thinking it's fair that Michael was nominated. Of course it's fair. His albums have sold by the truckload so... The really unfair part is he isn't here to enjoy the surge of interest in his work in person.

I agree it's fair, but it's MJ so the focus won't be on his amazing achievement, it will be on why he didn't deserve it and how 'unfair' it was blah f***ing blah. It could be a curse and a blessing.

Back