Karen Faye Interview w/ Artisan Magazine- 'Three Decades with Michael Jackson'

Because i have nothing better to do and i actually do have good eye sight (just couldn't be bothered squinting)...i thought i'd write the whole article out for people who are struggling...

Three Decades with Michael Jackson - A interview with Karen Faye by Carme Tenuta

How did you meet Michael Jackson?
I began working with Dick Zimmerman who was a very popular celebrity photographer back then. He booked me on a shoot for a album cover with Michael Jackson. The album was Thriller. Michael and I got along really great! Michael requested me for next photo session with E.T....and his next assignment, Beat It...and everything after that...the rest is history.
Michael was embarking on The Victory Tour with his brothers. Michael required my complete attention, so i brought in Carmae (i think thats what it says) to help me. I met Carmae earlier while working at the Barbizon School where we both had been teaching. We had become good friends. This began Carmae's 10-year working friendship with the brothers.

Michael could trust you
Yes, he could. The media started hounding me after the Thriller album was released. I remember being called by a tabloid reporter offering me $75,000 for any information about Michael or the video shoot we were working on for the song 'Thriller'. I said no. They said 'how much then?'. It just wasn't something that tempted me. The offers got more outrageous from there. They all finally got to realise i was a dead end for information and it tapered off abit. But during major controversies, they still were very persistant.

Was Michael spiritual?
Anyone who is creative is naturally connected to the universe. Michael always attributed his talent to God. He said God was channeling through him and it had nothing to do with him.

I know how much Michael loved all children of the world.
That's right but what i find more interesting is how children are drawn to him, like a magnet. I think they recognised a kindered spirit. They recognised his unconditional love and related to him because he was a child at heart. Children look at the world through fresh unjaded eyes. Michael had the ability to see the wonderment of the world like they did.

What was his favourite food?
Michael wasn't a big eater. He thought it was a waste of time, like a child having to sit at the dinner table while hearing all the other kids calling him to come out and play. He chooses organic and healthy food but sure can enjoy a bucket of KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken). Akasha was his chef many years ago and now has a restaurant in Culvar City, Calfornia. She would find the perfect compromise. She would make him organic cheese enchiladas that he covered with hot sauce. He would want to eat them every day. She also made him a killer banana cream pie, that was a favourite. I will never forget the wonderful cookies she made that he nicknamed ''ookies''.

Michael is known in the Guiness Book of World Records as holding the record for the celebrities giving to charities. Can you share about that?
It it difficult to share too much about that because its not something Michael would talk about. He would just do it. He just did. When we were touring the world, while everyone was going out to restaurants and clubs, Michael's joy came from visiting orphanges and hospitals. I used to go with him. He would have his team contact them before he visit and find out what they needed. He would fill up his vehicles with toys and treats and we would go. He arranged for playgrounds to be built, bought busses and vehicles, paid for expensive operations for children.

Can you share with us when and where the photo was taken?
The photo was taken high on a hill at Neverland by Johnaton Exley before the trial began.

What were Michael's favourite make-up products?
Easy, hands down, Lancome Dual Finish Powder! Lancome would provide it by the case for me. Shout out to Lancome...thank you for so many years of generosity. Michael would have it and leave it everywhere. He has it in every pocket. Everyone around him knew if they found a compact, to return it to me so i could recycle it back to him.

I know Michael's nickname for you was ''Turkle''. How did you get that name?
I'll never tell.

Thank you
Great job!!!

MJJ777& - Glad to see a fellow JW on this board. Can't wait to see MJ in the promised paradise.

Thanks for the article. The text is really beautiful. But I'm not too fond of Karen seeing how she talks on her facebook and all. Not to mention her new diary book she is going to have publish.

But anyway, great article :p

Same here:wub:...As bad as Bashir's interview was...that's what got me hooked on Michael...The way he answered questions from such a different but beautiful perspective fascinated me. It fascinated me that he didn't dress like everyone else, talk like everyone else and think like everyone else. To me , he was the perfect example of someone uncorrupted by the reality of the cruel world due in part by being isolated from the evil world.

Another thing is that I was always self concious about my race as being black is always viewed with a negative connotation but here came the most talented,famous and loveliest person in the world who's black like myself ...and my
religious upbringing as a Jehovahs Witness b/c it seemed as if no one else in the world was a JW , but here's MJ the biggest star on the planet who was similar in faith as I ! I felt proud. but MJ made me proud of myself somehow because I.:wub: I always thought I was alone until I learned of the real Michael Jackson, not the MJ that was always the center of jokes at school and on TV.
As for music... I never listened to music, I hated it, until I heard the Billie Jean Medley on the Bashir Interview...since that day music has never failed to be a part of my life....

I just cant explain what MJ's done for me..its too much for words

I know, I sound like a gushy retard but w/e IDC...MJ was just tooooooo awesome for the world! I love him sooo much! There is no Other

you have hit the nail on the head here. as bad as everyone said the Bashir interview was (and I've friends who say Mike came across as "completely insane" in it), when I first saw it, I thought his answers and the way he behaved were amazingly refreshing and wondrous. maybe it's because I grew up in India and I think of certain things differently from the general western perspective (i.e., I grew up in a joint family, sometimes sleeping in beds with all kinds of cousins, uncles, aunts... sleeping in a bed is NOT sexual to me -- just like Mike says), but his world view was so familiar... so "me"... that I was actually taken a little aback by the negative reaction to much of it later on. of course, the entire interview wasn't like that. Bashir was an asshole, anyone could see that. the way he was twisting stuff around was unbelievably disgusting. but I've always loved Michael not just for his music, but for the way he thinks and feels about the world... and the interview actually showed some of that.

also, Naad and Elmari and RainbowAngel -- thanks for posting, scanning and typing the article.

Last edited:
Thank you typing that up, Naad. I really do appreciate that. What a great interview. And btw, my apologies to Karen Faye for a post I just made a few minutes ago. I was responding to an obscure post from Arty about MJ's lips being weird in later years (and I responded by saying that other than Karen Faye's application of too much red lipstick his lips were alright.)

But yeah that was a great interview. It's always awesome to read first hand accounts from those who actually KNEW him (like our own SoSo Deaf). It's always inspirational.

God bless him. He lives forever with Jesus. I really believe that. And we will get to meet him one of these days if we believe in Jesus as the one and only Son of God. It's gonna happen. I'm telling you right now....It's gonna happen. We will all praise Jehovah through Jesus, His only Son.

so you're saying that if we don't believe in Jesus as the one and only Son of God, we won't get to meet Michael? lol ok.

Thanks for the article. The text is really beautiful. But I'm not too fond of Karen seeing how she talks on her facebook and all. Not to mention her new diary book she is going to have publish.

But anyway, great article :p

If you're not too fond of Karen, then why are you fake and still her friend on Facebook? You're about as fake as all the fake people and hangers on in Michael's life. It's pretty disturbing.

I shall no more read or believe one word of K. Faye, she betrayed him twice when he was alive, and once after his death. and she pretends to be his most loyal friend !!!!!!!

omg shaun! omg omg omg! *dies*die for it....kill for it!

jaybee jaybee shaun stranjaaaaaaaa in muscooooooooooow this woman is talking danjaaaaaaaaaaa

and this is PROOF that any loon can do an interview in a legit mag. lawd hammercy. i hope the person didn't pay for this

Back