Justin Bieber dethrones Lady Gaga, becomes KING of YouTube

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
Canadian-born singer Justin Bieber has added another feather to his cap. The teen singing sensation has made YouTube history with his music video for 'Baby,' which surpassed Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance' video to set a record for the most-watched music video in YouTube history.

The 16-year-old singer, who was discovered on YouTube at the age of fourteen, is currently on tour in the United States to promote his hit album 'My World 2.0.'

Bieber continues his climb to superstardom
Leaving behind Gaga’s 'Bad Romance' video, Bieber’s music video for 'Baby' has become the most watched clip in the history of YouTube.

On June 2, Justin's 'Baby' video had 172,807,386 views, putting him behind number one Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance' (217,720,898 views) and No. 2 'Charlie bit my finger - again!' (196,630,081 views).

Not only does this clip set a record for the most-watched music video, there are more than 762,000 comments and more than 375,000 people have made 'Baby' video their favorite.

But Bieber's fans have now pushed him to the top, and his music video for 'Baby' is now the most-watched video ever on YouTube, reports the Associated Press.

As of 11:30 p.m. EST on July 16, Bieber's 'Baby' hit 246,739,269 views, pushing Gaga's 'Bad Romance' into second place with 245.6 million.

Not only does this clip set a record for the most-watched music video, there are more than 762,000 comments and more than 375,000 people have made 'Baby' video their favorite.

Bieber tweeted a thank you
Delighted with his latest achievement, Bieber took to his Twitter account to share his feelings with his followers and fans, according to MTV.

He also thanked fans for their support, saying that he is totally amazed by the response shown him so far.

"What is goin on with the 'Baby' video on YouTube is crazy ... I started on YouTube so the support ... well I just need to say thank u," he tweeted on Thursday.

Bieber in good sport
In following tweets, the teen pop singer expressed his polite respect for Lady Gaga’s achievements, writing, "someone just showed me and I just need to say that @ladygaga is an incredible artist who have great respect 4. And her vid is incredible ... so it doesn't matter who has more views, what matters is that we have incredible fans that support us ... that I'm sure we are both grateful 4."

He again wrote, "So thanks ... like I said, I started on YouTube so ... WOW!! Love u and wish u all the best in each and every one of ur lives. Thanks Beliebers!"

Bieber fever
Bieber fever is everywhere. The Canadian sensation has taken the world by storm with his incredible charisma, talent, and mass appeal. His freaky haircut is now in hot demand among young boys.

Bieber signed a record deal at the tender age of 14 after posting his videos on YouTube. He has not looked back since then and continues to attract hordes of teen and preteen girls, and even some moms.

Following Bieber and Gaga on the list of most-watched music videos on YouTube are:

Miley Cyrus' 'Party in the U.S.A.' (138.6 million),
Pitbull's 'I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)' (131.8 million),
Miley Cyrus' '7 Things' (125.2 million),
Lady Gaga's 'Just Dance' (117 million),
Shakira's 'Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)' (101.7 million),
Miley Cyrus' 'The Climb' (100.1 million),
Vanessa Hudgens' 'Say OK' (89.1 million) and
Timbaland and OneRepublic's 'Apologize' (87.4 million), as stated by MTV.

http://www.themoneytimes.com/featur...dy-gaga-becomes-king-youtube-id-10120880.html

Last edited:
... so... why MJ fans do not support Michael the same way as the Bieber´s teen fans?
They are constantly clicking on his videos... so... thats why he is the king of Youtube.

Last edited:
... so... why MJ fans do not support Michael the same way as the Bieber´s teeny fans?
They are constantly clicking on his videos... so... thats why he is the king of Youtube.
I suppose older folks have something better to do than to goof around on the internet watching music videos. I'm pretty sure you won't find any Aretha Franklin, Sam Cooke, O'Jays, Willie Nelson, Ella Fitzgerald, Celia Cruz, or even Elvis Presley videos with any big numbers. I don't know why statistics and numbers are so important to people. McDonald's have "Billions & Billions sold". So what?
What a pity that Michael did not use the power of new technologies in the 90s and 00s...
Why? Prince says the internet is dead. :D

The whole thing just proves how Youtube numbers don't really mean that much.
I just read a different article where it said Bieber fans and Gaga fans were trying to outnumber the other by constantly playing the same video of their favorite over and over again.
So all those views aren't individual views.

That's why I don't get why this is actually news worthy.
Same reason that the Billion views Gaga got means nothing much to me.
All it proves is that they have a steady fanbase right now who will watch the same videos over and over again.
They get crownded like royalty over something that if people thought about it doesn't mean much at all.

However it's nice for Bieber to get this support so I understand his happiness. Good for him :).

XRISX - this is not about US, if it means something to us, as for MJ fans, it reflects the huge impact on media and YouTube and the fans unity of Bieber and GaGa.

haha, oh my. They'll find any excuse to give a title these days.

This is only because the tweeny girls sit there and play the music video over and over, all day, of everyday. But if he feels accomplished and happy with this, then good for him. Youtube is where he got his start in the first place, so it kinda makes sense.

we could do the same for MJ if we wanted to... :happy:

Do you not think we all want to? It's just a fact that Michael as well as other artists are behind the YouTube times now. It's a shame, but thats how it is. People who listened to Michael years ago generally aren't the type who click buttons on webpages constantly to listen to his music. With the internet constantly growing, it is primed for the younger generation, and for the most part their tastes aren't towards MJ.

Hopefully, with the upcoming album, plenty of younger fans will get the chance to listen to Michael and appreciate him. But I'm pretty sure he won't reach the YouTube heights of Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga :(

haha, oh my. They'll find any excuse to give a title these days.

This is only because the tweeny girls sit there and play the music video over and over, all day, of everyday. But if he feels accomplished and happy with this, then good for him. Youtube is where he got his start in the first place, so it kinda makes sense.

We are at the digital age where YouTube is, if not already, very close to becoming a reputable source of income for people. There are users making hundreds and thousands of dollars based on their viewership and advertising. To be the highest on YouTube is definitely something to be proud of, however you achieve it, because it's shockingly difficult to make an impact there. Back in 2005, when it first started, it was all about everyday people. You and me. But record labels and entertainment companies did the right (or as some would see it, annoying) thing of focusing largely on promoting things through YouTube. In a few years time, YouTube will shorten the gap between digital media and television. Again, having the most viewed item on there is an achievement.

Not trying to defend a particular artist or anything here btw, just stating the point..

Last edited:
MJ-fans can vote for him but I suppose we have different opinions on which song we should vote for.
On www.bestsongsever.com there are special rules for MJsongs, only 5 of them are permitted because MJfans voted for to many of them.
I think there were about 70 of his songs among the first hundred.

Justin Bieber got lots of views. Michael Jackson made Thriller. Pwned.

...hehe sorry just had to :p

Justin Bieber' 'Baby'. (246,739,269 million),
Lady Gaga' Bad Romance'. (245,6 million),
Miley Cyrus' 'Party in the U.S.A.' (138.6 million),
Pitbull's 'I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)' (131.8 million),
Miley Cyrus' '7 Things' (125.2 million),
Lady Gaga's 'Just Dance' (117 million),
Shakira's 'Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)' (101.7 million),
Miley Cyrus' 'The Climb' (100.1 million),
Vanessa Hudgens' 'Say OK' (89.1 million) and
Timbaland and OneRepublic's 'Apologize' (87.4 million), as stated by MTV.

The state of music today.. seriously.. This list of artists makes me depressed.. Vanessa Hudgens and Miley Curys?

Fuckin' pre-teen girls, man.

LOOL

XRISX - this is not about US, if it means something to us, as for MJ fans, it reflects the huge impact on media and YouTube and the fans unity of Bieber and GaGa.

I didn't say it is about "US" as MJ Fans. It's all a matter of logical thinking.
If both these artists would have sold that many records then I think they would have achieved something really big. That would have been a very united fanbase.

I remember a couple of years a go there was an article here on the board because Avril Lavigne had gotten 10 million views on youtube for her song "girlfriend" surpassing MJ.
How did that happen? Apperiantly a couple of fans from one of her fansites made a page which constantly played that video over and over again. Therefor they came up with that number of views easily. Nobody did anything about it and Youtube still considered it legit.

All I'm saying is that numbers like that don't mean that many individual people clicked and enjoyed that video.
There for it is nice for the artists to get that many views and it does show that many people use Youtube and enjoy it (as do I). However it isn't that big of an accomplishment for the artist in itself.
I just don't think artists should be getting titles like "biggest star of the word" or "King or Queen" of anything just because they have a Youtube active fanbase.

It's nice that they do and they should enjoy their fanbase but in the long run who is going to remember this?
Look at the list that was posted earlier with most watched videos, doesn't that say everything about the music quality that people are looking up on youtube?

I'm not worried about Michael not being in that top 10. Michael has outsold all of these artists by miles and is a respected musician who earned his title.
Also a lot of fans seem to forget that Michael's videos were constantly uploaded, removed for no reason and uploaded again (While the previous numbers were erased.) Funnily these artists don't seem to have any of these problems with their account. ;)

Anyway, I just don't take this all that seriously, that's all. No need to get upset by it.
As I said before, good for him. I hope he enjoys it right now. :)

Do you not think we all want to?

I really doubt we all want to. I think we can do it easily if we organize.
How many times MJ won contest and polls thanks to our vote.

But maybe is not so important for us, which i think it's cool :)

Well done to Justin, incredible achievement. This puts him right up there with the great pop icons such as Michael and Madonna IMO.

i mean mj fans is a mixture of both of very young kids, teenagers, middle age, and elder, some of them have jobs, toddlers probably too, young, mj has over 542,000 suscribers and counting that's great for an artist who's not in the age group as miley cyrus, justin, or jonas brother, plus many fans like my mom who actually bought mj albums and dvd of his videos watch his videos on tv or play his music on the boom box well the older fans do,but you have to remember jb fNS ARE 7 YRS OLD TO teenagers, and with every teen idol of the moment they'll have this obession thing going where they'll tend to watch their videos over and over lol but it's just youtube, i remember my neighbor, she's 13 telling why don't i have beiber fever lol b/c i'm the same age with justin but i'm more of a 60's, 70's and 80's type of girl

p.s, man i remember when the jonas brothers owned youtube, and everday at school girls would just nag about them all day, but i guess they upgraded to justin

Well done to Justin, incredible achievement. This puts him right up there with the great pop icons such as Michael and Madonna IMO.
Michael who? Why mention him when we have the genius that is Mr.Biebar?

Michael who? Why mention him when we have the genius that is Mr.Biebar?

I dont know, I think we should convert this to a Bieber forum.

The 2000 watts section would be flooded with incredible live performances then.

Can you imagine the Justins manhood threads?

In that list to most watched YouTube Music Videos...........the only ones I like is Shakira (very good artist)............and Gaga has some good beats......but rubbish fashion and terrible videos!!!!!!!!!

Anyway........YouTube views just means the number of people that don't want to pay for your Music.............I wonder why???????????

I dont know, I think we should convert this to a Bieber forum.

The 2000 watts section would be flooded with incredible live performances then.

Can you imagine the Justins manhood threads?
LMFAO! If I see a Justin manhood thread I will happily become a lesbian. (please, nobody make one and let me be).

I hope you were being ironic. In 5 years noone will remember Justin Bieber and today's teenage fangirls will be ashamed of the fact they were ever fans of his. Mark my words.

That top ten list about the most watched music videos on YT just shows how little this stat means. None of those artists will make a big impact on music history on the long term.

Do you not think we all want to? It's just a fact that Michael as well as other artists are behind the YouTube times now. It's a shame, but thats how it is. People who listened to Michael years ago generally aren't the type who click buttons on webpages constantly to listen to his music. With the internet constantly growing, it is primed for the younger generation, and for the most part their tastes aren't towards MJ.

Hopefully, with the upcoming album, plenty of younger fans will get the chance to listen to Michael and appreciate him. But I'm pretty sure he won't reach the YouTube heights of Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga :sad:

I need to credit Youtube. That's the place I rediscovered the beauty and fond memories of Michael from his childhood career till now.

For whose getting the highest viewers or stuff like that, I personally dont really give a care. I just feel that QUALITY is always better than QUANTITY. Michael has quality :wub:

Back