July 4-6, 2008 *Update for July 6 on post # 89*

Michael is number 3 of the top 5 to have the most records/albums sold world wide. Is this true? I thought he was 2 or something like that.

http://www.timesonline.com/articles/2008/07/06/entertainment/doc487132c9cfe4c994934309.txt

How Swede it wasn’t

Trivia question answer: Abba was the biggest selling musical group or artist to have never played Pittsburgh.

The Swedish supergroup only got as close as New York and Chicago on its 13-date 1979 U.S. tour.

Abba has sold 370 million records/albums worldwide, the fifth highest total of anyone. The top four, in order, are Elvis Presley, the Beatles, Michael Jackson and Frank Sinatra, all of whom graced Pittsburgh with their presence.

You’ll be hearing a lot of Abba songs in the next few weeks, leading up to the July 18 release of the film version of “Mamma Mia” starring Meryl Streep.

I’ve got “Waterloo” in my head right now.

Scott Tady can be reached online at stady@timesonline.com

dont know if anyone knows for defo. most say hes number 2 behind the beatles.dont think ive ever seen sinatra anywhere near the top of those lists

a quick look on google (hardly credible i know) says sinatra sold around 150 mill. so theres quite a few artists groups that have sold around or more than that. if that article is from the UK times than that list is probably their dream list rather than actually factual lol

Last edited:
Elvis did not sell more records than MJ. Michael OWNS Elvis recoprds so he should know. Elvis very rarely sell much records at all. What has happened over the years is that he has had ovr 200 albums rereleased and his 2 million fans have collected them. Apart from the religious groups who buy Elvis sacrd rcords, barely anyone else buys Elvis. His records never show up as top selling albums. Ever.

Last edited:
They've been hyping Elvis for years. Yet I have yet to hear any new acts out there today listing Elvis as their inspiration. I have yet to hear even one of them say that Elvis was their inspriation. But Michael is listed in almost every new person's list. The latest.....Leona Lewis.....has Michael on her list of inspirees.

Michael is number 3 of the top 5 to have the most records/albums sold world wide. Is this true? I thought he was 2 or something like that.

http://www.timesonline.com/articles/2008/07/06/entertainment/doc487132c9cfe4c994934309.txt

How Swede it wasn’t

Trivia question answer: Abba was the biggest selling musical group or artist to have never played Pittsburgh.

The Swedish supergroup only got as close as New York and Chicago on its 13-date 1979 U.S. tour.

Abba has sold 370 million records/albums worldwide, the fifth highest total of anyone. The top four, in order, are Elvis Presley, the Beatles, Michael Jackson and Frank Sinatra, all of whom graced Pittsburgh with their presence.

You’ll be hearing a lot of Abba songs in the next few weeks, leading up to the July 18 release of the film version of “Mamma Mia” starring Meryl Streep.

I’ve got “Waterloo” in my head right now.

Scott Tady can be reached online at stady@timesonline.com

That's definitely NOT true. I frequent a chart-and-sales forum where I learn that Michael is No.2 behind The Beatles. Elvis may be close but not more than Michael. According to the guys over there, The Beatles' at 450 million or something (yet Wiki claims them selling >1 billion :rolleyes:)
Michael's at appx 300 million (yes Thriller hasnt sold 108 mio ^^). I dont remembe the exact figure for ABBA but it's around 200 mio at most.

Re: July 4-6, 2008 Update for July 5th on post 63

World wide is the only thing that really counts.

YES!!! that's what I've been saying!!!!! lol

Anyway.....I wanna know how many albums thriller has sold!!!!
Goodness, that album is still selling like craaaazy! I KNOW it has surpassed the eagles!
grrrrrrrrrr.

PAUleassse. The list I've seen, which was an official count by some legit group, I forget the name now, said The Beatles had sold the most at 400 million, Michael was second at 350 million and Elvis was third at 300 million. Sinatra wasn't on there, if I recall correctly. Not in the top 5. Comparitively, Michael outsells all of them because he has about 12 or 13 solo albums, all included from when he was a kid up until now, including compliations, where as Elvis has I think over 100 albums released, the Beatles have something like 40, etc... I'm not one of those people who measures an artists merit on their sales, but credit deserves to be given where it's due, and Michael IS the biggest selling artist in history. He deserves that acknowledgement because it's the truth.

There's a show on Belgian television, it's called 'Fata Morgana'
Each sunday, someone who's famous in Belgium gives one Belgian town a challenge that they have to complete before saterday. And they broadcast what the people have done each sunday.
This sunday, Kode Ilsen gave a challenge to the town 'Diest' and it's all about music. One of the things they have to do to complete the challenge is make a parade where they show the musichistory of the last 50 years. (>> Michael must be included, I'll tell you next week if they did something about Michael.
But in the end, they played the beginning of 'Don't stop till you get enough' and Kobe Ilsen moonwalked away:D
If you want to see it: http://www.een.be/tv1_master/subsit...e_fata_506_uitdaging_jmqfd/index.html?video_1
click on 'bekijk de uitdaging', you'll see him do it in the end:D
Voila, That was my little Michael-mentioning

I was writing in to ask, why is everyone around the world anti-Michael Jackson? This man was FALSELY accused, because of this, he has lost all respect from everyone. People are forgetting what this person has done to us. His song Thriller, sold 51 million copies around the world and nobody even cares?! He worked with his brothers in the Jackson 5, and had the best songs ever - I Want You Back, ABC, I'll Be There and much more. Everyone is just saying "Oh his music is garbage and he loves little boys." I suggest that you people actually try listening to his music then comment on it. He is the King of Pop, and INNOCENT.
EVERYONE is NOT against Michael. I know sometimes it feels like it because the MEDIA is the one who drives it for their own gain. But this is FAR FROM THE TRUTH. And "his music is garage" comment, well, I have never heard anyone say that. WHo ever said that is in the MINORITY.

Jay-Z used samples of songs by Estelle, Rihanna and Michael Jackson as he closed day one of the Wireless Festival in London last night (July 3rd).
Making his second headlining appearance at a festival in under a week, following his controversial performance at Glastonbury, the rapper treated 30,000 fans and a host of celebrities in Hyde Park to a set laden with his greatest hits.

just watching this performance :D hes sampleng "i want you back" instrumental

was busy this weekend and did not thank you for the news

Back